RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Tankentai's sideview battle system Error VXA [Solved]

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
[solved] Had to import the animations from his demo, otherwise it wouldn't work.

So I'm no scripter and I hope I've given all the necessary info here.

So I put Tankentai's sideview battle system for ace into my game.  It worked fine until I tried to use a skill that I had made myself.  Here's a screen of the skill I made, just in case its relevant:

Spoiler for:

Here's the link of where I downloaded the Demo with the script in it:

http://rpgex.sakura.ne.jp/home/material/sv_ace.html

Here's the error:

Script 'Sideview' line 1509: NoMethodError Occurred
undefined method 'frame max' for nil:Nilclass

Here's the line it's referring to:

return $data_animations[anime_id].frame_max * 4

I had to attach the script, it was too long to post.

Anything I'm missing to help you help me?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 09:37:25 PM by bluntsword »

Rep:
Level 82
Are you using any other scripts in your project?

Just because it flags up the error in a particular script doesn't always mean it's that script that is causing the issue. Often, with a nil:NilClass error it's a compatibility issue with another script. If there are other scripts, what you can do is remove all the scripts and add them back one at a time.

An easy way to do this is to Cut and Paste the Main script and put it above all your custom scripts, then move it down through each one, testing as you go. When you hit this problem then, play around with the ordering of the scripts you have by moving the last script up a level each time and testing again. If the problem gets fixed, move the Main script back to the bottom and test again. All being well, the issue would be solved. If another comes up, do this again from where you left off.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
Tried that, no luck.  Got rid of all the scripts I was using.  Copied and pasted the script file from the downloaded sideview demo, pasted that into my data file and it gave me the same error.

*tried it with another self made skill and it gave me the same error.  I wonder if that has something to do with it...
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 08:37:23 PM by bluntsword »