RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
A thread... about that one annoying guy...

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Likely you know who I'm talking about, since he/she/it has been around for quite some time. We've discussed methods for what to do about a certain member who is not likely to be bright enough to understand that we're talking about him/her/it and his/her/its stupidity and annoying tendencies. It was amusing at first, but now it's just kinda sad and annoying. Obviously though, the person in question isn't going to be banned since he/she/it hasn't broken any rules, and Halo has threatened not to ever invite me to another dinner party if that happened.

However, trolling isn't the recommended solution either, because the person in question not only doesn't fully grasp the fine intricacies of the English language, but they're too slow to notice your sarcasm and troll attempts. Plus, you know, young age may be a factor. So a much simpler method of dealing with this shadowy menace has been recommended: just ignore them. Ignoring them will be a much simpler way of showing them that he/she/it is not special, and will make the rest of us NOT look like douches trolling for the fun of it. Heck, we still have the ignore feature set up in our profiles so that we don't even have to read the person's posts if we don't want to.

So, just a friendly word of advice to ease up on the attempts to troll. The less attention you give, the more likely the situation will solve itself soon enough.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 04:13:00 PM by Zylos »

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
I've seen situations like this in the past...what if he/she/it touches radioactive ooze and becomes Super *insert person's name* and terrorizes RMRK, all because they were getting ignored?!
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Then they actually WILL get banned and we'll call it a day. 

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
Then they actually WILL get banned and we'll call it a day. 
Genius.  This is a brilliant plan.
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
I'm a fixer by nature.  Part of me really wants to come alongside this poor chap/girl/thing and help him out.  I made games at *undisclosed age* (and they probably on par with *game name deleted to protect the guilty* but I think you're right.

So no more advice until he/she/it takes or calms down.  Hard, but I think the correct course.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Ignoring those who need help is not something I usually do, but I'll give it a go.
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
It's more an attempt to rein in those non-stop bashing when the person in question clearly doesn't understand, than saying "don't help those in need".

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
Understood and well intended

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
Yeah I can see that.  In fact, it almost seems like most of it was friendly suggestions or playful teasing until frustration with how thick the guilty party's head is was apparent.  Might be best to just move on and worry about some of the other things going on...like some of the awesome looking stuff people are doing and pestering the judges to hurry and judge the GIAW games :P jk

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Acknowledged, fur sir.
:tinysmile:

pokeball joyOfflineFemale
Rep:
Level 85
I heard the voice of the salt in the desert
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Project of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Winner - 2011 Winter Project of the Season2010 Best Artist2010 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2014 Best RPG Maker User - Graphics2014 Best Artist2014 Best RPG Maker User - Mapping2013 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2013 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2010 Most Attractive Female Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion
I'm just going to say...I wish folks spent as much time and as many posts on actual game development threads around here. Just sayin.

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
I'm just going to say...I wish folks spent as much time and as many posts on actual game development threads around here. Just sayin.

When you say something to someone and there is nothing else to speak about on the matter, that is all that can be done until there is an update or a response from the creator.  The person who shall not be named gave us plenty of reason to reply back much more frequently.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Iunno, I like stuff being posted here. 8) Adds some activity to my favorite section. <3

Either way, I'm all for the idea of paying less attention to he/she/it, but sometimes he/she/it makes it rather hard.

Note: side-effects of troll restraint may include: psychological hallucinations, increased anger, nausea, vomiting, headache, occasional stomach bleeding, loss of vision or hearing, and in rare, extreme cases, liver failure or arthritis. Restrained trolling is not for everyone; If you are pregnant or may become pregnant, please consult the Bean Bags before use of this method.
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature SpaceFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Rare complications may include: projectile vomiting, 10 minute-intervals between bowel movements, spontaneous test-pilot knowledge, stigmata, the tendency to repeat the phrase "no can do", as well as an overwhelming impulse to shout out "I'M GONNA WHOP YOU WID DA UGLY STICK". Women may experience a 2 octave lowering of the voice.

Avoid red meat, shellfish, or vegetables. Okay foods: flounder. Under no circumstances eat yak. If you experience debilitating nausea along with raspy breathing, double the dosage. Do not restrain from trolling if you feel uneasy about getting lockjaw. Stay away from ringing telephones.

WARNING: This may result in your intestines shortening by 21 feet, and may cause birth defects retroactively. You may want to wear something lucky.

You may feel a sense of impending domm. This is because you are about to die.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 01:13:20 AM by yuyubabe »

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
I prefer impending domm. 

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Fixed.

And, dayum, Halo is super creative today~ :o
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 60
Fixed.

And, dayum, Halo is super creative today~ :o
Eden: I don't know, that was more or less what I was expecting when I saw he made a post in this thread. :P

On-topic, I honestly don't see how anyone can be quite as thick as this individual without intentionally being that way, so yes, I fully advocate ignoring them when they act out in some way or another. If they post normally, I have no problems with responding to that.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature SpaceFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Are you saying I'm becoming predictable? ._.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Dude, he's like what, 13? Of course he's thick.

I only say this based on my experience raising children that age.

Rep:
Level 60
Are you saying I'm becoming predictable? ._.
Only more or less. ;)

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Most Mature Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Dude, he's like what, 13? Of course he's thick.

I only say this based on my experience raising children that age.

When I was 13, I cured cancer. It's age is no excuse.

Also, I agree with joy. There's no lack of projects which could actually benefit from constructive criticism or even just incomprehensible effusions of delight. That'd be cool too, considering how attention-starved so many of those great projects are.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 02:34:42 AM by modern algebra »

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Yeah, well you created cancer when you were 6 too.

I LIKE PUZZLES!!!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 04:37:37 AM by yuyubabe »
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
I have to agree with joy. I wish actual, you know, decent game topics got this much attention. It'd really liven things up around here.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Whilst I would like to agree with Joy

Lethrface is right, I have no reason to respond to game development threads that I have already looked into that has not yet received an update or positive response from the creator (this is a good example of a non-positive response).

And whilst there are many many threads that I have not seen yet, I can guarantee that I simply do not have time to look into all of them.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 11:18:05 AM by D&P3 »
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
I know, but still, paying as much attention to projects like that is just as much a waste of time.

You know, whatever. It'd be nice to see some positive discussion in this place rather than endless trolling n' shit, even though I love me some shit stirring.