RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Ragnarok's Edge [VX]

Rep: +0/-0Level 56
Flames of the Phoenix
- Story Synopsis: The mercenary group, known as the Renegades, have been summoned by the king to retrieve the fabled sword that will bring about the endtime, the Ragnarok. After being charged with this task, the group heads to a nearby port to get a ship. The group ends up having to fend off bandits and are given a boat as a reward. The group uses the boat to go to the NW island where the Blademaster's Tomb is. After going through the tomb, the group finds the sword and is challenged by its spirit. The group defeats its spirit and makes their way back to the king, who takes the sword from them and then...

- World Development:
- Renegade's Base: this place serves as the home for the active party. There is a den, and two bedrooms (to house each member), as well as a well kept yard.
- Castle Villa: this serves as the town which leads to the castle. This place features three crosses representing the gods, two stands where the player can buy equips, and a save crystal along with a tutorial.
- Castle: This is where the player will get the initial quest. This place features the throne room where the king and queen are. A dining room where a friendly chef will greet the player. The King's chambers where a maid and the prince, Cerulean, will be mindlessly wandering around. Finally, there's a guard barracks where the guard captain stares over his proud battalion.
- Port Hymir: This port features a battle hardened Harbomaster and several open doors, that lead to a warehouse, for ship supplies.
- Blademaster's Tomb: This is an expansive dungeon, harboring all of the usual enemies that leads to a Sword Sanctum where Ragnarok may be found.

- Screenshots:

http://www.mediafire.com/i/?ds88hmm21twubt4

http://www.mediafire.com/i/?77kv3bsttu4778z

- Character bios:

Kaine: Leader of the Renegades. He is a veteran from a long forgotten war in which he lost the use of one of his eyes. He's brash, blunt, and sometimes sarcastic, but beneath his tough exterior lies a protective warrior who will fight to his last breath. His class is Deathblade, a class that specializes in Darkness-type attacks and attacks that cripple them with status effects.

Selena: Second-in-command of the Renegades. She's a former court magician, expelled after concocting an illness poison and accidentally killing a few animals. Her smile can brighten any saddened day and her quirky antics often get her and the group into serious trouble. She is never seen far from her bear, Mr. Fluffykins. Her class is Sorceress, a class that specializes in Elemental magics and some crippling status effects, her most notable skill is Mana Drain, which could be used to provide mana for magic by taking it directly from foes.

Emil: The latest recruit in the Renegades. She doesn't talk much and always refers to Kaine as 'sir' even though she has been asked not to. She's soft-spoken and kind-hearted and believes in the power of the light to cleanse evil from her foes. She excels greatly at the bow, because of her indomitable patience and she's always innocently asking naive questions. Her class is Priestess, a class that excels at healing and a few magic attacks, if her level is high enough, she will learn the ultimate Light-type ability, Saint.

- A demo is included so that you may see the progress of this project:

http://www.mediafire.com/?end4onjlx8jwa3g

Any feedback is welcome and feel free to PM me with any questions.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 04:11:17 PM by Zenophoenix »

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Your custom music is in .mp3 format. Convert them to .ogg and loop your music; that will save a lot more space as well as keeping the gameplay feel (since the music never fades out).

Spoiler for Commenting as I play it:
This Title Screen... NO, just NO. I like the music :blizj: but this is not something you want for your title screen music.

Well... interesting intro. :) Funny how she lost her teddy bear... It's right fucking there ??? :)

Well I can't play any further.

The Fudge is this?

I can't continue to play your game and give constructive feedback with this :(

Please fix that and also convert your MP3's to .ogg as well as looping them (your music fades out quite frequently).

Your title screen music needs to change as well. This really doesn't suit a title screen. In fact, your BGM music for the house/store/wherever the hell we start off in would be more appropriate for your title screen BGM.

Funny enough, I've actually got the OST to Soul Calibur II, and I'm currently listening to that track to see what it was.
I'm quite curious as to how this music would work for anything in an RPG game.

I COULD just import the song into the BGM folder and continue playing, but you may have missed some further BGM that I don't actually have.
So I want you to fix it and get back to me on it.
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
That second screenshot is pretty much useless to anyone looking at the game. Get some in-game screenshots going, that'd be great in this dire time of having a defunct demo.