RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA]Chronicles of Eden - The World Tree

Rep: +0/-0Level 56
RMRK Junior

Spoiler for "Quick note to reader":
The Chronicles of Eden - The World Tree is heavily based off of a book series I have been writing for over a year.  As such, if you are looking for a game that is heavy story driven, with lots of history involved then keep reading.
Background
Spoiler for "Background":
Spoiler for "Plot":
Brant Ulrich, cast out from his village, searches for answers regarding his past. The only problem, the one person whom can give the answers he seeks has not been seen in over three hundred years.
Spoiler for "Tower of Eden":
Spoiler for "Purpose (World's View)":
The Sisters of Eden are a group dedicated to the search for women who can tap into the life force of Eden. Upon discovering them the women are taken to the tower to be properly trained on how to harness the full potential of their abilities.
Spoiler for "Purpose (True Intentions)":
The Sisters of Eden are searching for each and every last child of Eden. They hope to capture and force them to fulfill the towers wishes. Their main wish being to save the world from utter destruction.
Spoiler for "Organization":
Spoiler for "Power":
They thirst upon the idea of having total control over every person that the world has brought into existence. They achieve this desire by placing sisters in key locations throughout the world. Sisters have been spotted in locations from a King or Queen's adviser to a tavern maid. They gather information from just about anyone and send it to the tower so that they can respond immediately.
Spoiler for "Leadership":
The Tower is divided into four divisions. Each division represents one of the planet's elements. These divisions select a leader from their own division and those selected leaders select one from among themselves to be the leader of the tower. This leader is responsible for the well-being of the tower, setting aside their desires for personal gain.
Spoiler for "Joining":
Women are brought to the tower when it is discovered that they can tap into the life force of Eden. Anyone who comes to the tower on their own are tested for the ability before being accepted.
Spoiler for "Daily Life":
Spoiler for "First Joining":
A woman begins her life in the tower by being tested. The test is given to the woman each day to determine which element she is more attuned too. The testing (described in more detail later) will last until an element is decided upon. This process usually takes an average of six months before a decision is reached, in which the woman will then be sent to live among those attuned with the same element where their real training will begin.
Spoiler for "Training":
For the next ten years they learn everything they can about their element, and how to harness it. At the ten year mark they are tested again. If they fail, their training begins anew and takes roughly five years before they are tested again. Upon passing the test they are officially accepted as a member of the tower.
Spoiler for "Members Divided":
When they are accepted they join the sisters that share the same elemental proficiency. These sisters will immediately use the newly acquired sister in their plans. Many of these plans revolve around the tower itself. Power is everything and if one division of sisters grows in power over others, all for the better.

Character Biographies
Spoiler for "Characters":
Spoiler for "Brant Ulrich":

Brant Ulrich

Height: N/A
Specialty: N/A

Brant Ulrich is a farmer and the younger brother of Adrian Ulrich. Before the incidents that led to his exile from Arvada he was known as a hard worker whom was always seen lending a hand to his fellow villagers. Many thought that he would be the next mayor when the current one retired.

Spoiler for "Kariana":

Kariana

Height: N/A
Specialty: N/A

Kariana is a young women whom Brant helps free from the clutches of the Tower of Eden. She is tied closely to Brant, though how is unclear.

Screen Shots
Spoiler for "Screen Shots":
An updated version of the world map. Expect the final version to have several extra areas added for the players to explore.

The final version of the menu for the game.
*I am aware that the gold icon is messed up and am working on the issue.

A sneak peak at the Profession system that will be used in Chronicles of Eden.

Features
Spoiler for "Features":
Hundreds of side quests from slaying dangerous foes to finding lost children!
Several Unique Professions which include, a lowly farmer, a Life Force Consumer, a Shadow Stalker, and much more!
A History Book where you can learn background information on every key person and kingdom in the game!
A unique crafting system which includes not only obtaining items from creatures, and stores, but also dismantling owned gear for parts as well! (If interested about how this crafting system works I will give more details.)

Spoiler for "Profession System":
Instead of having a standard class system Chronicles of Eden will feature a Profession system that will be less limiting as it will allow you to build your classes based on your own preference by using the following steps.

1) Pick Your Mastery.
       ~Examples~
 - Mercenary
 - Mage
 - Etc...

2) Pick Your Focus.
      ~Examples~
 - Melee (Mercenary)
 - Ranged (Mercenary)
 - Fire (Mage)
 - Infliction (Mage)
 - Heavenly (Mage)
 - etc..

3) Repeat step 2 whenever you want to switch your focus!

Basically, as you gain experience in your focus you are able to unlock specific skills for that Profession. Lets say you want to play as a Mage who is devastating as a fire wielder but also can heal his friends when in trouble. Simply have your focus be set to Heavenly until you gain the proper skills for healing then change your focus to Fire (or vice versa) to gain those! Easy customization of your character to your liking!

Demo
Spoiler for "Demo":
Currently Not Available

Credits
Spoiler for "Credits":
Modern Algebra(Scripts)
Yanfly(Scripts)

Updates
Spoiler for "Updates":
Spoiler for "March 2012":
March 31, 2012 at 2:15 PM (Central Time) - Added a screenshot of the current world map, and a features section.
Spoiler for "April 2012":
April 1, 2012 at 11:18 PM (Central Time) - Updated Credits and took out Scripts list (Removed several scripts will release full list when game is released).
April 2, 2012 at 11:40 PM (Central Time) - Updated the World Map.
April 3, 2012 at 12:49 AM (Central Time) - Added a screenshot of the menu.
April 3, 2012 at 2:10 AM (Central Time) - Added a screenshot and explanation of the Professions system (found under Features).
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 06:22:51 PM by InactiveDust »

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
So, is that World Map simply an overview or are you expected to walk around that? There looks like a large amount of open land to cross. Can be taxing on the feet.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
I'm definitely one of those players who loves a good story above any other aspect of a game, so I think this will be a game that I'll enjoy playing. When can we expect a demo?

Quote from: hiromu656
So, is that World Map simply an overview or are you expected to walk around that? There looks like a large amount of open land to cross. Can be taxing on the feet.
If you think that's bad, you should see the world map for MY game ;_;
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 12:49:43 PM by D&P3 »
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 57
Everything about Rendered Fate
Wow, man. You got me hooked to see this game.
I'm definitely one of those players who loves a good story above any other aspect of a game, so I think this will be a game that I'll enjoy playing. When can we expect a demo?

Quote from: hiromu656
If you think that's bad, you should see the world map for MY game ;_;
@D&P3: Good storylines in a game are a huge plus, huh?
@hiromu656: Time to call the carridges, then.
Link to my game is here.
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,45507.0.html
Feedback will be nice to get, constructive or otherwise.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Yes they are :)

I can overlook any gameplay flaws if the story is epic ;D
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 57
Everything about Rendered Fate
Well, we're kind of the same in that department. If there's a good storyline behind it, i could give a rat's ass if it had crap gameplay.

This one seems to have a good storyline, so I'll stick around for the demo and give it a shot.
Link to my game is here.
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,45507.0.html
Feedback will be nice to get, constructive or otherwise.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I'd take a look at some mapping tutorials. Not to be rude, but that world map could use a lot of work.

RMRK Junior

This was actually my first concern when I was working on the map. I wanted it to be big enough to where an entire story could unfold without the need of several different continents, and since I wanted the game to follow the same flow as my book, visiting the same key locations, dealing with the same issues, etc. I decided to just use the exact map from my book. As such, what you see is an unaltered version of it. (Thus a lot of open land) A quick trial run shows that if I follow the exact outline of the map it takes about 7 minutes and 37 seconds without dashing. (Adding in visiting a lot of different towns will definitely increase this time).

With all that said, I definitely agree that it will be very taxing on the feet. However, in an attempt to make it more manageable expect the release version of the game to have a lot of extra areas added in that will be used for side quest, and simply exploring to allow the player to experience the story at their own pace.

At the moment I don't have an exact release date for the demo as I want to fine tune many aspects of the game. (Class system, crafting, etc.)

I'd take a look at some mapping tutorials. Not to be rude, but that world map could use a lot of work.

No offense taken Acolyte. I actually agree with you 100%, especially with the world map. I have actually spent several hours trying to find tilesets that are more world map worthy but to no avail at this point, so for the moment I am stuck with what VXA supplies. Expect the final release map to be much better then what is currently shown.

And to everyone else, as always constructive criticism is great.  8)

RMRK Junior
For those of you who are keeping tabs on the progress of this production I added a few more screenshots ( and a revised one for the world map). Also added an explanation of the Professions system which can be found under features.