RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
(VX) Chance On Hit Effects

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
Just like on WoW, I'd like a way to implement chance on hit effects to occur. I know state changes can already occur, but I'm interested in the possibility of adding another effect. Basically, what I'm interested in is something like this:

Fireball
(description) Hit an enemy with a ball of fire, dealing fire damage. Chance on hit to fire a second fireball for half damage.

Notebox:
\CoH 10 half

In other words, I'd like this to be built to use tags in note boxes. A few examples of extra effects:
\CoH 10 half = uses the same spell immediately following the first to hit for half damage, where 10 = the chance to occur
\CoH 10 full = same as half, but hits for normal damage

In addition, I'd also like to be able to add on extra effects to States.
Example:
a damage dealing state deals damage, but it has the chance to deal critical damage. would also be nice to be able to have states that do damage be able to deal damage based on attack or spirit (to gain benefit from your stats as skills do)

the major one I want for states is the ability for a state (based on a given chance) to activate a common event. maybe a command like
\CoH 10 CE

if a number is necessary to determine which common event is to be called, that could be added after CE (again the 10 represents the chance for it to happen)

Additionally, I'd like to see if I could also be able to do something like the Fire mage talent Ignite, where a variable damage over time state is afflicted (with the condition that it's only applied when the skill critically hits) and it deals X% of the damage dealt in the initial hit either after 1 turn, or over a few turns.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 04:29:33 AM by zerothedarklord »

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior