RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Mountain Tileset

Rep: +0/-0Level 57
RMRK Junior
Right, it's kind of hard to explain the type of tileset I'm looking for. But I'll try. You know how when your walking along in a pokemon game and you come across a HUGE mountain. Well I'm looking for a tile that looks like a rock or gives the effect your looking up a mountain. Not a small mountain tile like on Final Fantasy. Do post if your unclear. And by the way I'm using RPG Maker VX.

Sol.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 09:05:19 PM by modern algebra »

RMRK Junior
Sorry the title should be Mountain Tile not Montano.

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Something like this? (This is from the VX Ace RTP, by the way.)

Rep:
Level 60
Why not use those tiles from the VXA RTP, then? Are you looking for something larger than that (or different, or what)?

RMRK Junior
Yes something like that, thanks but how will I get it :o? And also when I get on the PC I'll show you a picture of what I mean, it will be a screenshot of a pokemon game area but I'll explain where to look.

Rep:
Level 60
Yes something like that, thanks but how will I get it :o? And also when I get on the PC I'll show you a picture of what I mean, it will be a screenshot of a pokemon game area but I'll explain where to look.
You can always download the RTP for Ace and get the tiles from there (you can get the RTP here). By default, the RTP will install to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Enterbrain\RGSS3\RPGVXAce (at least on my system). The structure of that directory should look very familiar, so further explanation doesn't seem too necessary. ;)

Rep:
Level 62
RMRK Junior
No you can't, not legally, unless you've purchased VX-Ace in order to use its RTP.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I'm pretty sure that would only be the case if you were making a commercial game.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
It is perfectly legal to download the RTP resources without paying for RMVX Ace. Otherwise, only people who owned RMVX Ace could ever play games made with RMVX Ace that used RTP resources. When you download the RTP, you are given a licence to play any game created with RMVX Ace. The EULA says that you can only use the Ace RTP in another RM if you own both RMVX Ace and the other RM, though for some reason that's not a numbered provision. Either way, it is in the EULA and it doesn't technically matter if it is commercial or non-commercial.

That said, breaking the EULA is a breach of contract and copyright infringement. So it is illegal in the sense that the law will enforce a claim for damages by the copyright holder, but not in the criminal sense. Copyright infringement can attract criminal liability, but I think that is only true if you are seeking to profit, so then it would matter if it is a commercial or non-commercial project.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 04:05:20 AM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 62
RMRK Junior
You're misunderstanding what I'm saying. It's perfectly legal to download the RTP for use in playing games. However, it's not legal to download the RTP to use in game creation for another maker unless you own both the maker that you used the RTP from, as well as the maker you are porting the resources to.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I think you misunderstood me. I acknowledged that it was a breach of the EULA:

The EULA says that you can only use the Ace RTP in another RM if you own both RMVX Ace and the other RM, though for some reason that's not a numbered provision. Either way, it is in the EULA and it doesn't technically matter if it is commercial or non-commercial.

I only took issue with the description of it as "illegal." Breaking a contract gives rise to legal remedies, but it would not necessarily give rise to criminal liability, which is the typical use of the term "illegal." That was all that I was saying.

Rep:
Level 62
RMRK Junior
Now you're arguing semantics. Will you get prosecuted for using the RTP without purchasing the maker the RTP is from? Probably not. Does it make it any more legal to do so? No. And it does state in their license agreement that you are not allowed to use the RTP from one maker to another without owning both copies of the maker; it's the terms you agree to upon downloading both the maker and its RTP.

Here is the link to Ace's RTP License Agreement, directly from Degica's website:
http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download/run-time-package

And in quotes, this part in particular:

Note for using VX Ace RTP with other RPG MAKER products.
The materials included in RPG MAKER VX Ace RTP can be used with other RPG MAKER products from Enterbrain as long as you own both RPG MAKER VX Ace and other RPG MAKER products. For example, if you already own RPG MAKER VX and you want to use any materials included in the VX Ace RTP with RPG MAKER VX, you need to purchase and own RPG MAKER VX Ace also.

Read more: http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download/run-time-package#ixzz1rURLWAyD

Rep:
Level 97
Why are you quoting to me the thing I already said exists?

I have never disagreed with you. All I did was clarify what you meant by "illegal" in response to Pacman's question. Breaching a contract is not by itself a criminal offence. You can get sued civilly, but you will not be prosecuted for it because you cannot be prosecuted for it. Maybe the distinction is semantic, but seeing that it means the difference between whether you can go to jail for doing something or whether you might only be liable to pay some damages for breach of contract, semantics are pretty important.

Rep:
Level 62
RMRK Junior
I never said you would go to jail, but whatever would happen (criminal or civil) is beside the point. I know people will pull the RTP from one system and use it on another, and that's fine. What they do is their choice, just like people who hack and crack programs.

But it's another matter entirely to advocate doing it or suggest it to others (ie., Kevin O's comment about pulling Ace's RTP and using that instead, assuming the OP doesn't have Ace), which is why I stated it's illegal unless he own a copy of Ace.

Based upon the extent of the conversation (he was looking for a good mountain set and didn't have any, somebody suggested using Ace's RTP instead) suggested to me the OP did not have a copy of Ace, and therefore couldn't (without breaking the EULA) use Ace's RTP.