RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA] [REQUEST] Exclusive Weapons Script

Rep: +0/-0Level 73
Master Shinji, of the Soulmancy Discipline
<Exclusive Weapons Script>
<3/26/12>

Summary
My Request is to have a script made, that certain weapons can only be equipped to certain characters, regardless of type. For example, "Character A" can equip only axes, swords and knifes. A weapon exists that only he/she can wield, but it isn't classified as a weapon he can normally wield, like a bow.
Features Desired
  • Ability to choose which character(s) the weapon is "exclusive" to.
  • Perhaps armor as well?

Games its been in
  • Final Fantasy Dissidia
  • Final Fantasy Dissidia Duodecim

Did you search?
Yes

Where did you search?
  • Google
  • RMRK

What did you search for?
  • "(on Google) RPGmaker VXace Exclusive weapons"
  • "(on Google) RPGmaker VXace Character specific gear"
  • "(on Google) RPGmaker VXace Character specific weapons"
  • "(on RMRK) Ace Exclusive weapons"
  • "(on RMRK) character specific weapons"
Mankind has ever shunned, even persecuted, that of which they have no understanding.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Make a new equip type, set the equip to that type, then add that type to the actor's equip types.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep: +0/-0Level 73
Master Shinji, of the Soulmancy Discipline
@ Pacman
Normally that would suit my needs, however the game I am currently working on has 50 plus playable characters, meaning that I would have to have a different weapon type for each character. Plus, I would only be able to display that it is an exclusive, not that it is a bow or sword. If I was able to do this within the default bounds of the maker, I wouldn't be asking for a script. it's just that I feel unsatisfied with how far I can customize a character and his gear.
Mankind has ever shunned, even persecuted, that of which they have no understanding.