RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
How do you think I should set my Script's Options?

Rep:
Level 70
RMRK Junior
Working on a Caterpillar Script, came across something that will probably give people trouble when they use it.  It is something I am writing, and can do myself, Im just curious how you would like me to set it up for you!

This is how this Caterpillar works.  The characters that follow the Player around are all Events that can be manipulated like any other Event.  During certain types of Cutscenes, and due to the way the default engine handles Set Move Route, I've decided to try a Page option.  I think that a person that uses my script may also have funky conditions where they might want to use a Different Page for a Caterpillar Actor, like me.  When the Page Conditions Change, the Characters Graphics change to the Graphic defined for the Event on that Page.  This is how the Default Engine works.  Graphics can be set PER PAGE, but with the Caterpillar, it may cause a "Glitch".

Do you think that I should keep the Caterpillar Actor's Graphic to be the SAME on ALL Event Pages, regardless of the Graphic on that Page, or should I find another way to keeps Cat Actor Graphics?

Pro's and Cons:

Pro:  By allowing an Event's Graphics for JUST THE CAT ACTORS to stay the Same across every Page of the Event, anyone who uses this Script wont have to use extra Script Commands.  Also, the Graphics can still be changed by using a Move Route -> Change Graphic.

Con:  There is functionality provided by the Default Engine when it changes the Graphics for you.  Developers may want to use the Change Graphics Per Page for the way they set up their game.

What do you think?
Heretic's Vehicles XP (Boat and Magic Carpet)

Heretic's Collection XP Ver 2.3 - Updated to include Dynamic Lighting, Moving Platforms, Vehicles, and much much more!