RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] N-Star Official Thread

Rep:
Level 57
Makin' a commercial game
This is my first game, and I've already sold $200 worth of preorders, so I wouldn't be worried.
You must have a big family.
No, I have a big school.  ;D And make it $240 now that I brought the demo to school.  ^-^
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 09:03:30 PM by AuraMasterNeal »

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
If you redo that demo, and update things so that it is more enjoyable to play.
I will replay it and give better feedback :V
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 71
I played it and I don't see a difference other than the fact "demo" was terribly drawn on the title screen and I was instantly killed by the burglar. So same advice as last time, but change the font color and get a face graphic for the character instead of one that barely resembles the character. Also make sure that the text fits properly in the text box.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Now when I play the game, I can't see any text at all. You'll need to include the proper font file for this game if you would like people to play it.

Also, you've got two wav files in this project that you really don't need, and that ridiculous amount of space it is taking up can be drastically shortened to make you demo smaller in size.

So again, please convert your audio files into ogg format.

I cannot play this game without any text either.
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

Rep:
Level 57
Makin' a commercial game
Now when I play the game, I can't see any text at all. You'll need to include the proper font file for this game if you would like people to play it.

Also, you've got two wav files in this project that you really don't need, and that ridiculous amount of space it is taking up can be drastically shortened to make you demo smaller in size.

So again, please convert your audio files into ogg format.

I cannot play this game without any text either.

OH MY GOD IT WAS A FONT INCLUDED WITH WINDOWS!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Rep:
Level 71
I had to install it and it was still barely readable

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
I have all the default fonts that come with windows, and I installed your font that you put into your games package.

Do you see any text in these images?

Spoiler for:

Because I don't.

I decided to play the game anyway, the only difference is that the beach seems to have a little amount of vibrance since you've added a longer wall to it... But that's it.

I can now continue past the city and into what appears to be a forest with a long bridge.
I thought that you said that you put more time into what wasn't in the original demo, this map is also plain and lacks much texture, and this is coming from somebody who usually doesn't care about mapping.

I don't even want to continue with my feedback on this, cause I'm afraid I might mention things that you as a creator couldn't handle.

I wish you luck with your game and all that, but I'm staying away from it.

Rep:
Level 57
Makin' a commercial game
I forgot to take the old font out of the folder, and the font used was "Lucidia Calligraphy" or something like that, which is a newer windows font. And the forest was meant to be a maze before the second boss, which you can access in the demo. I'll take your advice about the beach, and I'll add some trees to the forest, and some more buildings to the city, but what I said about the font still stands. I'll put it in the folder if that floats your boat. Expect a new demo by Friday.

Rep:
Level 57
Makin' a commercial game
There is a new demo up! The font issue is fixed, and if it doesn't work, just install the font in the "Installation Instructions" folder.

Rep:
Level 60
This is my first game, and I've already sold $200 worth of preorders, so I wouldn't be worried.
Eden: Woah, wait, what? As long as you have the money, you aren't worried about how well you are presenting your game? You should be worried in the future about potentially over-charging for under-developed work once people start asking for their money back.

Gah, the callousness of that comment just caught me completely off-guard.

Rep:
Level 57
Makin' a commercial game
Ok, people like the demo where I'm showing it (though part of that is probably the initial 'He made a game! It's awesome!' reaction). There is a heck of a lot of bonus content after the game is beaten, which is what that "The Lost Pages" option is about. I have been working on the game for a while now, though.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
I have a hard time believing your demo convinced anyone at your school to buy the game. What grade are you in?

Rep:
Level 57
Makin' a commercial game
Why do you need to know?

Rep:
Level 57
Everything about Rendered Fate
Probably for maturity's sake, dude. Certain grade levels in school life have more maturity than others, so she was wondering which grade level you were at to help clarify a bit and to offer some advice. [I believe, I mean you can't really TRULY know people on forums.]
Link to my game is here.
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,45507.0.html
Feedback will be nice to get, constructive or otherwise.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Trine 1 was on steam for $1.80 today. It's an indie game with good platforming and great design with solid coding. You're asking for $15 pre-orders for a game that is never going to come out that's being developed in RPG Maker and using the default assets.

You're so stupid!!! Also,

Ok, people like the demo where I'm showing it (though part of that is probably the initial 'He made a game! It's awesome!' reaction). There is a heck of a lot of bonus content after the game is beaten, which is what that "The Lost Pages" option is about. I have been working on the game for a while now, though.

If they knew HOW you're making the game and that all the assets are included with the package they'd be far less impressed. If I got to judge I'd say what you're doing is borderline illegal.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 08:30:57 PM by Skanker »
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 57
Makin' a commercial game
Yes, you can distribute games you created with RPG Maker XP/VX or IG Maker, using its included (or added on) materials, as freeware or commercial ware. You are also allowed to modify the materials with other software such as Photoshop, provided they are only used within RPG Maker or IG Maker software, and not sold/or distributed. You can also include your own graphics and music if you wish. Please ensure that those games do not include any material which infringe others' rights.
Please note that any modification of the exe, dll, or other game files generated by RPG Maker or IG Maker is forbidden. Also, you may not use the materials included in the software (or add-on package) within other game engines or software.

RPG Maker VX official website

BTW, I'm in 7th grade.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 09:51:36 PM by AuraMasterNeal »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
That doesn't mean you can claim it's your work, nor does it mean that it's any more impressive.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 58
Attraction of goodwill
I have a hard time believing that even 7th graders thought that this piece of crap was worth $15.
Or the fact that they had $15 to give you in the first place.

I had a go just to see what Hiromu, DP3 & DrTodd were complaining about. This is the worst game ever conceived.
I've never used RPG Maker and I bet that I could make a better game than this in less than a day.

You keep talking about how many extras you get once you complete the game. Well I don't care. If I can't even play the demo without rage quitting... Why the hell would I play through the full game just for some bonus missions?

You better put a hell of a lot more effort into the demo you're releasing if you want anyone over the age of 12 to be satisfied with playing it.

Fix everything that is wrong with your game (See feedback by others). Or please post results when you get a mass flood of requests for refunds after you release the game.
Sometimes I wonder if I need psychiatric help :'(

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
I wish I was that good a salesman in 7th grade, $20 pencils were on the market.

@Revtattertot
I'm a male.

Rep:
Level 57
Makin' a commercial game
Correction: They all got the $20 bonus pack.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
It's not about the legality of using the assets, it's having the balls to charge for it
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
He's obviously from Mongolia or something.

Rep:
Level 57
Everything about Rendered Fate
@hiromu656: Hard to tell from forum pics, so apologies.

Although, I do wish the same about the salesman ideal.

@AuraMasterNeal: I played your demo, and here's my thoughts on it.

I just don't see quality work in the map detail and the text was kind of... out there. There's an apparent lack of storyline, which is a minus in my book, and some of the fights in this game are harder than some people's 2nd bosses.

You, my friend, have your work cut out for you if you want to make money on this game.

Take our advice,
Revtattertot.
Link to my game is here.
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,45507.0.html
Feedback will be nice to get, constructive or otherwise.

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
Oh christ. Kid, look. You need to really rethink what you're doing, okay? Go look at tutorials and such, and learn how to do better art, and such.

YOu're not gonna get much sympathy here, just so you know.