RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Music] AbsoluteIce's Piano Keys

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
So.. Yeah.
I'm gonna post some of my piano creations here. :P
Constructive critism is a must.. I need your opinions..
I'll upload the music files onto mediafire, but don't worry,
the filesize is about 1.3kb or such. For now, only one though.
If you'd like the music sheet, PM me, and I'll upload them for you. c:

MBLAQ - Cry (C key)
http://www.mediafire.com/?51am915g8gmhf8d

MBLAQ - Scribble
http://www.mediafire.com/?goboe155mjt2mqg
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 06:36:11 AM by irock »
なんでやねん

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
There are some nice moments in this but there are also some issues:

*It feels way too long. The song is too simple to be over 3 and a half minutes long and it gets kind of boring quickly because of this, especially since the sections you repeat never really differ all that much from the last time we hear them.

*PARALLEL FIFTHS EVERYWHERE

*There are a lot of successive rearticulated notes (the same tone repeated several times in a row). This can be fine if it's done right and used sparingly but it's done so much that I quickly lost interest and it often felt unnecessary. This may be more of a personal preference of mine than a legitimate criticism though.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
There are some nice moments in this but there are also some issues:

*It feels way too long. The song is too simple to be over 3 and a half minutes long and it gets kind of boring quickly because of this, especially since the sections you repeat never really differ all that much from the last time we hear them.

*PARALLEL FIFTHS EVERYWHERE

*There are a lot of successive rearticulated notes (the same tone repeated several times in a row). This can be fine if it's done right and used sparingly but it's done so much that I quickly lost interest and it often felt unnecessary. This may be more of a personal preference of mine than a legitimate criticism though.
I'll try to get better through time of endless practicing.
Thanks for the constructive criticism, Halo.
Anyways, here's another piano creation.
If you want the music sheets, PM me.

MBLAQ - Scribble
http://www.mediafire.com/?goboe155mjt2mqg
なんでやねん

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
I have to admit this one is pretty nice. You use the "dissonant" chords really well and you have a good grasp on when to use them effectively. My only criticism of this is that it also is too long for what is there simply because it just kind of repeats again with no real difference until the end. It's a nice piece, but I would recommend trying to fill it out more and try to do some more variations to keep the listener interested all the way through.

But overall good work!

Also, these are just midi files, you don't have to upload them to mediafire. You can just attach them to your posts.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
I have to admit this one is pretty nice. You use the "dissonant" chords really well and you have a good grasp on when to use them effectively. My only criticism of this is that it also is too long for what is there simply because it just kind of repeats again with no real difference until the end. It's a nice piece, but I would recommend trying to fill it out more and try to do some more variations to keep the listener interested all the way through.

But overall good work!

Also, these are just midi files, you don't have to upload them to mediafire. You can just attach them to your posts.
I tried to follow the song (MBLAQ is a k-pop group).
But thanks for the criticism! I forgot that there was a attachment option on here, aswell. ._.
Anyways, two new pieces ; MBLAQ - Mona Lisa, and Baby-U
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 06:10:57 AM by AbsoluteIce »
なんでやねん