RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Lockpicking System

Rep:
Level 84
I'm gonna be eventing a Lockpicking system in RMVXA. Anybody have any awesome ideas on how? I want it to look cool, but I'm not entirely sure a good design for it that will also be relatively easy to event.

Rep:
Level 66
Haven't been on for ages -.-
Well, i know a script on this website. Not an event though. It is based on The Elder Scrolls Oblivion Lock picking system. Quite nice actually. Made by Deity and translated by modern algebra.

Rep:
Level 84
Yeah. That's for VX though. I'm using VXA.

Rep:
Level 66
Haven't been on for ages -.-
Oh
whoops sorry!

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII

Rep: +0/-0Level 65
I use a PDA style system. go to a combo keypad door, transfers player to a map made to look like a number pad w/ other background. then changed character picture cursor to a arrow style cross hair and changed number pad to light up when pressed. basically works like; player goes to a door, which turns into number a pad/handle/door. then pushes a button to show animation of dusting buttons to show which ones have been pushed. then pda pops up, number pad is used to guess combination. It's all events, fairly simple and runs pretty well. it works great if you're doing a game where you're breaking into a commercial building or modern house. And the system doubles for multiple devices
Internet killed the video star...

Rep:
Level 58
Hey I was wondering if there are any lock picking systems for XP, my character is thief from around medieval times and I think that during a heist you can find a key to the door or you can pick the lock, but picking the lock is more time consuming and harder.
You are tiny. I can see the whole of time and space, every single atom of your existence, and I divide them. Everything must come to dust, all things, everything dies.

Spoiler for A Thief's Tale: