RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Common EVent issue

Rep:
Level 69
RMRK Junior
Hey all, I'm making a Spellsword character for my game:
  A little background:
    I have abilities like Ice Sword and Fire Sword, it imbues the actors weapon with fire and ice or whatever..  and this system is used with a common event..  and it works fine, all the abilities change, however..

When you exit the battle the abilities that were last used are still there..  How could I make it so that the abilities reset back to the way they were (when he did not imbue his weapon)  I cant wrap my head around this..   This might even require a small snippet...
Does anyone know a way to do this?  Thanks in advance.

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Umm, could you not make a common  event at battles end to remove the element imbued on the characters weapon, i assume your weapon has states? Like fire sword, Ice sword, so make a third state and call it normal sword, and apply it to the sword at the end of each battle?

Rep:
Level 69
RMRK Junior
Well, there was my issue..  How do I call an event at the end of battle? :-(

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Why not just set a common event that does that and set it to parallel process, as far as I'm aware, the parallel process of a common event doesn't run during battle unless you actually call it, so this way, you'd always have a normal sword type outside of battle.
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 69
RMRK Junior
It worked! Thank you so much! Now I can continue!!