RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Dragon Quest Mini-Medal kind of thing...?

Rep: +0/-0Level 67
Blue Mage
In dragon quest when you collect those mini-medals, and when you have lets say 10 of those u give them to a sertain guy and he gives you something special example:

10 medals collected = Sword
20 medals collected = Shield
etc...

So I was wondering how I can do this kind of thing to my game.
"Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views."

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Well, not being a scripter, me saying I don't think a script is needed is sort of useless, but I don't think a script is needed. Also, not using XP, I can't say how an event would be done, nessecarily. All that being said, I'd use a mini event system.

Page One
              Text: "Hello, I exchange your Dragon Medals for Prizes!"
If Read How It's Done
              Text: "Here's how this event works!"
If cash in medals
                  Shop Processing
                  Sword                       10m
                  Shield                        20m
                  Helmet                      30m
                  Pet Were-Hamster       35m
                  And so on...

Or if you want the NPC just to hand out things in ascending order of cost, make several pages with SelfSwitches or Numbered Switches that switch to the next page when one item is paid for, and each page has a shop process where only the current "tier" of item is available.   

Page One
          Show Choices: Read how it's Done, Cash in Medals
If Read How It's Done
If cash in medals
              Text:"This is what I have available!"
                  Shop Processing
                  Sword                       10m
                  Self Switch A (or switch #x) on

Page Two
If SelfSwitch A (or switch #x) is ON
If Read How It's Done
If cash in medals
                  Shop Processing
                  Shield                        20m
                  (If using Numbered Switches, turn switch #x OFF)
                  Self Switch B (or switch #y) on

Page Three
If SelfSwitch B (or switch #y) is ON
If Read How It's Done
If cash in medals
                  Shop Processing
                  Helmet                      30m
                  (If using Numbered Switches, turn switch #y OFF)
                  Self Switch C (or switch #Z) on

And so on. At least, that's how you could do it in VX, so... I hope it helps.

:tinysmile:

Blue Mage
Well I was planning that in the game there is exactly 100 "medals" and you must collect them all to get all items, coz that guy gives every item just one time. And it would be nice that guy remembers how much "medals" I have given to him.

So the "medal collector" is just collector not merchant.
"Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views."

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Oh. Well I thought it was OK... it serves the purpose, anyway, since the "currency" the player uses for this dude is the medal. But anyhow-

So you want a system where the collector gives rewards depending on the medals in the party's posession, with no shop screen? Hmmm. Lemme work on that, but I'm sure it has everything to do with saving the number of medals as a variable somehow and working that into a conditional branch.
Lemme see what I can do for you later, I don't have a REALLY good knowledge of using variables and the software isn't in front of me right now.

Blue Mage

Blue Mage
So if I have 30 medals and I give them to him I get sword, shield and helmet. and then I only have to collect 5 medals to get hamster. Savvy?

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Savvy.  The tough nuts to crack are going to be the collector automatically knowing how many medals you've given, but I'll see what I can do. I may not give you the best event but I'll try.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Just use variables. Each time you get a minimedal, increase a certain variable by one. Then, all you have to do is have the exchange event check how much is in that variable.

For example,

Text: Hi, I'm the minimedal guy!

Choices: Exchange medals, leave

If Exchange medals

Conditional Branch: Variable "minimedals" >= 100

Give ultra sword

Else
  Conditional Branch: Variable "minimedals" >= 50

Give not quite so ultra sword

Else

Text: You don't have enough medals!

Branch end

You'd have to add in some switches so you can't get one item more than once, but that's the basic gist of it.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 03:23:46 AM by Acolyte »

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Ah... oh, beaten to the punch. WEll done, Acolyte. ;)

Anyhoo, here's a demo of the event system. Math was involved, and I'll have you know numbers make me cry. 

Enjoy, and I really hope it helps!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 04:15:10 AM by EvilM00s »

Blue Mage
Ok.. I think I have to modify ur demo a bit, coz even if that collector gives me items, he does not take the medals from my inventory, Buuuut I think I can handle this now... Thanks pals. :)

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
AH, dammit, I AWLAYS forget something... just insert that line before he gives the prize and you ought to be good.

You're very welcome.