RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Wasteland 2 Kickstarter

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
If you don't know what Wasteland is, it is the game that bred Fallout. Brian Fargo, the man behind the original Wasteland and the first two Fallout games, is doing a kickstarter for a sequel. There are a ton of incentives for pledging, and it would be sick to see a new one after all this time.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
It's increased by 400,000 dollars since I first saw it Tuesday warning. No doubt it's going to get enough funding and then some.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Yeah, especially because of Tim Schafer's linking it, and of course all those NMA douches. But I donated. I want another one.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
It was 130k last night when my friend was looking at it =o

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
$610,722

Holy shit.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 94
Few people could get something like that overnight, though. In reality, it takes a heavy pedigree. I backed Tim Schafer's "Double Fine Adventure," because I like what he's done in the past. Apparently I'm not alone, because he ended up with $3 million by the kickstarter's end. This one has the original creator of Fallout behind it, and he has the credentials. Its going to be interesting to see who else tries this method for funding throughout the year.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I'd fund it but I only have 30 dollars to my name. :(

Rep:
Level 96
I LOVE the incentives, too. Become an NPC? That's pretty fucking sweet.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
It's increased by half a million since I checked it out, holy balls. His video is really good too, only disappointing thing is they're going top-down instead of old-school first person. Still an incredibly interesting project.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 94
Well, they're basically giving the Fallout fans that bitched about F3 what they want. I'm OK with an ISO TB. We already have an excellent post-apocalyptic FPS RPG.

Rep:
Level 102
Wow, they got enough in less than two days. It's also allegedly the highest amount of funding raised on Kickstarter for a single project.

I wonder how much they'll have by next month.

Rep:
Level 94
Its not. Doublefine got 3 mil. That's why other people are doing it this way.

Rep:
Level 102
Oh.

Actually, they said they asked for more than anyone else. I don't know if that's true or not.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/03/30/obisidian-to-co-develop-wasteland-2-on-one-condition/
Saw this yesterday I think. This must happen. I looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove Obsidian.

Rep:
Level 96
Bump because I just read that, and apparently it IS happening, and I also just finished Fallout: New Vegas so I really want to rant about how great Fallout: New Vegas is. I poured over 80 hours in to the game, and played through every DLC, and one of the things that has stuck with me the most is the companions. I loved how NV's companions developed their personalities as you helped them with their problems, how they would start to treat you differently, act a little more personable around you. Let their hair down, you know? NV actually felt like you were making a friend, it actually made you care about your companions, and what might happen to them depending on the decisions you would make. I wish Skyrim was more like NV, in this regard. Looking back, and after spending about the same amount of time playing Skyrim, I remember the companion characters being so ... 1 dimensional.

Also, hardcore mode in NV was the coolest thing ever. Actually having to eat, drink, and sleep in order to not die made the game so damn immersive.

So yeah, I'm really excited about this. I really hope Obsidian brings a lot of great ideas to Wasteland 2.

Rep:
Level 94
I agree completely. Say what you will about Obsidian, but their storytelling and characterization is wonderful. If you like their stuff, check out Mask Of The Betrayer, which is an expansion to NWN 2. Its the best thing they've done, in my opinion.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Playing a bunch of New Vegas and enjoying a lot of the things it did is why I was disappointed by Skyrim. New Vegas is really good.

Rep:
Level 69
Playing a bunch of New Vegas and enjoying a lot of the things it did is why I was disappointed by Skyrim. New Vegas is really good.
It was a pretty cool game, but quite honestly the only thing I remember about it was that it was like 'Deer Hunter' with mutated animals.