RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP]Moonpearl's Animated Custom Menu System (the real one)

Rep:
Level 57
RMRK Junior
Animated Custom Menu System
Version: 2.00
Author: Moonpearl
Date: March 12th, 2012

Version History

• <Version 2.00> 2012.03.12 - Original release to RMRK.net (see the download link for information regarding earlier versions)

Planned Future Versions

• None at the moment.

Description

You know custom menu systems are not always easy to customize. Or they aren't really visually appealing. Or they can't include new custom menus you need for your project.

Your ideal CMS would feature all that at the same time. And, to your greatest fortune, it's right here.

Features & Screenshots

• Compose your own background with any number of layers, each of which can exhibit one or several special effects
Spoiler for:
  • Show Animations (as defined in the project's database) upons various events (selecting item, making decision, cancelling...)
Spoiler for:
  • Windows and buttons are moved in/out when switching scenes, and scenes overlap (elements from the next scene are brought in while elements from the previous scene are being swept away)
Spoiler for:
  • Special menus
Spoiler for:
Title screen

Party selection menu

Biography menu

Modified load/save menu

• Several themes to choose from as starters
Spoiler for:
Standard theme

Summer Breeze theme

Data Vortex theme

Moon Pearl theme

• Highly & easily customizable
Spoiler for:
  • Change pictures at will
  • Each window type can have its own particular windowskin
  • Customize party max size, main menu options, transition speed between scenes, and much more
  • Minimal to no script edits required - only adjust a few constants, everything else is managed automatically
  • Easily expandable
Spoiler for:
  • ACMS only features code that modifies scenes' appearance, they still work using the base code
  • Thus, external custom scenes should be fairly compatible with ACMS - if you're in luck, they'll fit perfectly as is, if not, just minimal tweaking should do the trick
  • Scripters will find ACMS's architecture extremely powerful and reliable to write their own scenes

Known Compatibility Issues

• May clash with scripts which deal with menu scenes, even though every metaprogramming skills I possess were gathered in order to avoid such a dramatic event

Download

Download links and all other information (including terms of use, instructions and FAQ) can be found on my blog.

Author's Notes

I put a great deal of effort into this project. Please provide feedback if you like what you see!

Also, I'm interested into seeing ACMS at work in your own project. With your permission, I might want to display screenshots of it on my blog as an illustration of how extensively it can be customized. Also, if you wish to share your own theme for ACMS, I'd be more than happy to provide a link to it in my gallery.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 04:16:44 PM by Moonpearl »

Rep:
Level 57
RMRK Junior
It's fun that I should stumble on the first unauthorized repost of my works on this very forum, five minutes before posting about a more recent update. :lol: I don't know if I should feel flattered or offended, but anyways that guy was going to advertise a script that would be outdated two days later. :lol: Sorry for the double post, but I definitely had to comment on this!

Rep:
Level 71
It got removed  ;)
Any way great script, it's very well designed.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
haha, yeah. That's a very pretty design you've created. Nice work MoonPearl.

Rep:
Level 57
RMRK Junior
As my faithful followers already know, it's been a while since I wrote the v2.00 for the Animated CMS. Back then I said it would take a while for me to update all themes to match this new version's specifications. Well I was damn right, it has taken a while. :p But now everything's up and working, and ready to work with my latest contribution, the Script Manager. Also, I made four different demos for each theme, since they don't include the script anymore, but rather read it from the Script Manager, and thus work with the exact same copy. Guess they will serve as demos for the Script Manager as well. ;)

Happy downloading and customizing... ACMS's true followers shall notice the few improvements I added to each theme...

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Really cool stuff. Good job. :D

Rep:
Level 57
RMRK Junior
Thanks Clopin. :) I gave it my everything.