RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA-Exclusive] Parallel Process "Fix"

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for April 2010
My Parallel Process Event won't run whenever I'm talking to somebody!
or really, whenever Show Message is visible.

Why?

The reason why this happen is because of how RMVXAce handles event processing. This is due to Fiber.yield. It's going to be a long explanation and the only way to "Fix" this is to rewrite the game interpreter or the message system. But fret not, there's a way to fix this!

Why should I be concerned?

If you like making animated events through parallel processes, they would stop whenever a message box is visible! Now you must be wondering like, why can't I just use Events to animate things? Well my friend, my beta testing days says otherwise that this is...going to be hard. Allow me to show a video:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZwoSQ2XMqA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZwoSQ2XMqA</a>

See how in the first half the waterfalls are animating nicely? Wait for Tiny Ralph to go down the map and there’s a new set of waterfalls not animating nicely. Now Ralph will go up again and then the waterfalls are now NOT animating nicely.
Does not happen in RPGMaker VX/XP

Going left/right out of sight and straight back makes no difference because they're all loaded at the same time, but going up or down makes one load at a time.

How to fix?

Just put the commands of the parallel process event inside a loop (yes! Loops work now!) or use labels. It will run normally~

« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 09:57:42 PM by Nessiah »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space2010 Favourite Staff Member
That's a very useful tutorial Nessiah and you explained it quite nicely. Thank you for sharing!