RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[COMPLETE] P.I.E - Player Interactive Exercise

Rep:
Level 64
RMRK Junior
P.I.E - Player Interactive Exercise

Platform- RMXP

What is it?

The Player Interactive Exercise (or P.I.E for short) is a very short, 10-map game built using Enterbrain's RPG Maker XP software. It was created as a bit of a fun way to determine how players learn. In this case, does the player find a solution to the puzzle by using Trial & Error? Or do they use Observation and Intuition? Or do they use a mix of both? After completing the 10 maps, the player is told which method they used in each individual map, and then finally their overall learning style. In the end, it's just a bit of fun.

Before you begin...
While the point of this game is that the player figures everything out by themselves (which is the reason I'm not showing screenshots from the game), there are two pieces of advice that I want to give you for playing P.I.E.

1. If you're stuck, examine the map carefully for oddities. There is a clue pointing you in the right direction or telling you what to do on each map (with the exception of Maps 1 and 10).

2. You have a keyboard in-front of you - just remember that.

And that's it! I hope you enjoy P.I.E, and I encourage you to leave a response saying what result you got in the forum thread on this website.

Download
You can download it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?3ey6dps4suj1445

Or find it on my site here: http://criticalgamesdev.webs.com/pie.htm

Credits

Made by Joshua Hallaran

Music: Kevin Macleod

Notes

If you have enjoyed the music in this game, I highly recommend checking out Kevin MacLeod's website here: http://incompetech.com/
He's an excellent composer and incredibly generous, offering hundreds of top-quality musical compositions royalty free to developers like myself.

Thanks! 

« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 11:01:39 PM by OniLink99999 »

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
this concept intrests me, i'll be checking this out asap

Rep:
Level 82
I'll have to give this a look at. It sounds a lot like a shorter version of an idea of my that is in research.

Edit:

I'd make it known that this download requires the RTP for RMXP to be installed before you can play. It may be worth including a download with the RTP provided just in case a person doesn't have the software.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 02:24:18 PM by Logan »
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

Rep:
Level 64
RMRK Junior
@Logan - Ah, terribly sorry - I had all the right files in there, I had just forgotten to edit the .ini file! Re-uploading now (thanks for the pick-up Logan  :D)

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I had fun playing it. I especially liked the last puzzle. :P

Rep:
Level 64
RMRK Junior
@Acolyte - Haha, glad you enjoyed it!  ;D

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
This is really awesome, Oni.
+Repped  :V
なんでやねん

Rep: