RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Midori 2: Shadows of Despair [VXA]

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
The Archivist of Ivilandar
Midori 2: Shadows of Despair

The sequel of the RM2k3 game, Midori is nearly here!

Background story

Taking place over three hundred centuries after the events of Midori, a new threat has arrived on a new world. The original three worlds were destroyed, their names lost in time, but the Goddesses rescued as many people as they could and brought them to the world known as Opuila in the year AG202. Midori, the Goddess of the Day, and Terix, the Goddess of the Night, watch over Opuila when a new threat appears. These evil entities call themselves the Shadows of Despair and begin a hostile takeover of Opuila. Unable to stop the Shadows, the Goddesses decide to call upon the ancient Worlds Triad Hero, Dark, bringing him back to life on Opuila. Now reborn, Dark, who has yet to remember his past life, must take on the Shadows of Despair and discover why they attacked Opuila.

Characters

Dark
Known in the archives as the Hero of Night and the Worlds Triad Hero, he is reborn to the world of Opuila, three hundred centuries after his time. He has no memory of his past life, but he knows that he must stop the evil that is trying to take hold of Opuila.

Midori, Goddess of the Day
Midori is one of the two Goddesses that control Opuila. As her title suggests, she has power over the time of day. Her powers tend to create life, bring about light, and deliver blessings of happiness to those who ask. Her personality is normally casual but as with the situation, she can become very serious. Her mortal form is a female named Midori, which is a common name for the very faithful to the Church and Temple of Midori. She tends to be the target for trouble, quite often.

Terix, Goddess of the Night
Terix is the other Goddess that controls Opuila. As her title suggests, she has power over the time of night. Her powers lean towards dealing justice, control, and sometimes destruction. Unfortunately, Terix is often referred to as an evil Goddess by many of the devout Midori followers. Another major point is that many people think of Terix as a God, not a Goddess, because her name sounds quite masculine. Obviously, these views are skewed. Her personality is mostly neutral and she occasionally has a short temper. Her mortal form is a female named Nidori, which is an extremely rare name. She tends to be the one that organizes the effort to save Midori from trouble.

Asheezu
A Spirit Follower, she is freed by Dark during his travels and joins him. She constantly refers to him as Master, despite his attempts to make her stop. Specializing in magic, she acts as support to Dark during combat.

Lillith
Calling herself The Dweller, she initially shows discontent towards Dark. But within the span of minutes, she joins Dark and tells her name to him despite what she said earlier in the area. Her motivations are unknow, even though she says that she wants to watch how Dark develops.

Gallith, the Mage Knight
The original villain of Midori returns, but why he is on Opuila and what he is planning is unknown. He is powerful in both the use of a sword and a large variety of magic.

More characters will be added as development continues.

Features

Currently utilizes default scripts

Has a day/evening/night event that can affect the game (event by SolarEclipse here on RMRK)

Credits for Music and Graphics

Some Sprites and Facesets are by Kaduki

Music is credited to Homestuck and MGQ

Notes
I have yet to create enough content to develop a demo and do not have any screenshots quite yet. I plan to have at least screen shots within the next week.

Want to download and play the original Midori? Want to get information on the Midori Series? Then checkout my website at http://midori.comeze.com.  The game was made in RM2k3 and I believe it is kind of crappy, but what do you expect for my first complete game.
NOTE: The website is still in development. The story for the first game and its download is available. I will continue to work on it, so be sure to check the update information on the home page.

I encourage people to leave comments to tell me what they think about my back story, characters, etc. I know I don't have much right now, but I'll add more as I continue creating my game.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 06:22:55 AM by Sorohn »
Come by and see my handmade, yet incomplete, site for my game series Midori

For some reason, I can't seem to modify the last post. Each time I've tried, I hit a sort of perpetual load and it will refuse to update.

All that aside, I have finished the demo of the game but I haven't taken any screenshots yet. If you don't wish to wait for the screenshots you can just download it and play now. I'll try to add screenshots soon.

Demo Download Link: Demo Download

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
I'll wait for the screenshots, I'll also have to get VXA eventually so I can play the Ace games that will surely be rushing onto RMRK really soon.

Would you suggest that Midori (1) is played before playing this?

I would suggest to play the first game mostly because some of the lore in this game references the first game. It actually makes more sense to play them in order so one can understand what Gallith and the Goddesses are talking about.

I'm gonna grab some screenshots and post them soon.