RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Post-server move thread

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
If you're reading this, great, you're reaching RMRK on the new server :gracie:

Use this thread to comment on any problems and the like.

I'm also very interested in comments on speed. The random slowness should now be gone. If you still encounter a random pause (10+sec page load, though subsequent loads are fast) please mention how long the page load took, how many queries it used (this info is at the bottom of every page), and what you were trying to load (search results, certain topic etc).

Some points:

Everything will appear as being unread to every user - this was unavoidable I'm afraid :(. Some database conversion was done during the move. You may want to click "mark all read" at the bottom of the forum index and start new.

Search is down, and will be for at least a few days. I'll be posting about search when it's back up.

For now, enjoy what should hopefully be a more stable RMRK :)
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Page created in 20.978 seconds with 8 queries.

Loading the forum index D: But everything else has been fine so far.
:tinysmile:

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Seems pretty fast to me. Did notice though that it no longer shows the five most recent posts at the bottom of the forum index like it used to. Just me, or is that disabled?

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Did notice though that it no longer shows the five most recent posts at the bottom of the forum index like it used to. Just me, or is that disabled?
It's not just you.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
It better come back. :mad:

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
It came back. :police:

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Put back recent posts, also fixed avatar uploading :)
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 84
Yes, hoh my gawd!
Users browsing this board/thread aren't appearing either. Though thats just another way to stalk people I suppose! :V

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII
This is probably really off topic, but since someone mentioned stalking.

Is there any way to hide all information in a profile from public viewing? Sort of dealing with a creepy stalker and he seems to be following my "Last active" information to time his threats, also he seems to be convinced that I'm a woman which is making it really creepy.

And sorry, I know it's off topic but I didn't know where else to ask.

Rep:
Level 102
If you go to Profile -> Account Settings -> Show others my online status, and turn that off, nobody but admins and mods would be able to see that you're online. I think it doesn't update your "last online" time either.

If somebody is giving you grief you could report them =o
bringing sexy back

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII
Thank you. And I've reported him where he has sent me PM's but there's not really a lot anyone can do aside from banning him and that really doesn't really stop the person from making new accounts and sending new PM's.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Page created in 0.3 seconds with 21 queries.
All is working as intended. Thanks for the new server, Mr. Roph!

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for April 2010
This new speed is awesome :O!

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Crud, I wanted to try out the temporary forum!
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 102
It still exists, but I guess I'll delete it soon lol.

http://bheid.net/forum/
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102
Any problems with rmrk not sending emails should now be sorted :)
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102
I've done some more database testing, again if you see any random long pauses after reading this post, please let me know :)
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102
Search is back! ^-^
bringing sexy back

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
*searches Roph's pants*

For the sewer keys. D:

Rep:
Level 102
Any PHP errors about failing to allocate pool memory :( should now be gone :zwink:
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102
Users browsing this board/thread aren't appearing either. Though thats just another way to stalk people I suppose! :V

This is staying off for now, as well as topic previews from the board index (I'm not sure any of you even noticed this one existed) - they're both expensive features, resource wise. I might experiment with them later :)
bringing sexy back

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Page created in 103.908 seconds with 21 queries.

Well then. This is awkward.

Ah, turns out it was just that one. Guess that was just a random delay. But it's happened a couple times today.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 102
Those 2 can be excused, I was busy unpacking / importing other things from the old server  :-[
bringing sexy back

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
That's cool. It isn't happening as frequently as it was before :)
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

Rep:
Level 102
I'm going to try some more stuff tonight when there are less people on, but the forum will be unavailable for about half an hour or so. Heads up =o
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102
All done, that should hopefully be the end of the freezing ._.

[edit] added italics on hopefully ._.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 04:04:44 PM by Roph »
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102
Eh, the problem here is memory ._.

Innodb helps somewhat with locking since it doesn't lock a whole database table when reading / writing, only the row, but it is more memory intensive. RMRK currently runs on the essential VPS with 768 MB guaranteed ram. If a few people felt like subscribing I would put it into going to the next package up (Essential+). That'd give this box 256MB more guaranteed RAM, which I could give to MySQL to make it behave better ._.

bringing sexy back

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
I'll try to see what I can do once I've got some money in. Hopefully some of you rich kids will help out, especially if it's slow loading for you.

In the meantime, minor thing I've noticed: the icons along the side of the threads no longer show whether you've already posted in that particular thread or not. Not an important feature by any means, but wanted to point it out just as well. Also, five most recent posts are out again, though I think that's because of the maintenance from last night.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 06:27:56 PM by Zylos »

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Page loaded in 0.22 seconds with 19 queries, everything is much faster now!

Rep:
Level 102
I'll try to see what I can do once I've got some money in. Hopefully some of you rich kids will help out, especially if it's slow loading for you.

In the meantime, minor thing I've noticed: the icons along the side of the threads no longer show whether you've already posted in that particular thread or not. Not an important feature by any means, but wanted to point it out just as well. Also, five most recent posts are out again, though I think that's because of the maintenance from last night.

Participation icons are a rather expensive thing to display, the forum must check if you've posted in each topic. Though they're disabled for now, it doesn't interfere with the "unread replies" link.

The recent posts on the index aren't as expensive, but since the index is by far the most hit page, their resource usage adds up. Will see how we go :o
bringing sexy back

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRK2013 Best CounselBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Kindest Member2012 Best Counselluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member

I'd like my super revolutionary breakthrough product now :D

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I also would like my breakthrough product :mad:

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRK2013 Best CounselBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Kindest Member2012 Best Counselluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
Two more of us and we can go signature =o  ^_^

Rep:
Level 97

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Guess what I did?

It was super, revolutionary, breakthrough and... er... product.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Don't have PayPal :(
Or money ;9
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
ohhh Does this mean we can go signature now? or are we just gonna go + and save the excess for lean months? 

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
What if I payed through MOL, Roph?
なんでやねん

Rep:
Level 102
I just asked them to upgrade this server =o

I've never heard of mol ._.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
I just asked them to upgrade this server =o

I've never heard of mol ._.
MOL is kinda off a way for Southeast Asian people to
buy MMORPG cash. But.. There is PayByCash.com
whom I don't know if I can transfer money from there
to paypal. ._.
なんでやねん

Rep:
Level 102
Server upgraded (currently Essential+ now), I've given a chunk of the ~256MB extra RAM to various mysql caches and pools. Let's see how it works =o

As always please post any huge load times =o
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102
Well I can't say whether the freezing is totally gone yet since this isn't a peak period, but I'm liking how things look so far database-wise. :)
bringing sexy back

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
It may have been because of the server being upgraded or something like that.
But I thought I'd let you know that RMRK was completely inaccessible for me about an hour ago.

Rep:
Level 102
Yeah it had to go down for a while for the upgrade =o
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102
If you noticed that freeze just now it's nothing to worry about, was just getting a backup =o
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102
ohhh Does this mean we can go signature now? or are we just gonna go + and save the excess for lean months? 

People only did it one off, not recurring, so signature is a bit out of reach.

I'm bumping this thread cause I've just upgraded from MySQL 5.1 to 5.5. I know that sounds like I was stupidly oudated, but 5.2, 5.3 and 5.4 don't actually exist. I've also fiddled with some more settings.

RMRK has been mostly lock-free, though it has still happened or been reported to me a few times here and there, which is more than the zero times that I'd like. :mad:

If you encounter any locking (page loads of 10+ seconds, though subsequent loads are fine) please let me know, and any info like when it happened, what you were trying to load etc helps :)
bringing sexy back

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
I was replying in the How did you come up with your username? thread, and the page took around 90 seconds to actually reply.

Although, even though I testify that it took around 90 seconds, the info at the bottom of the page contradicts me.

Rep:
Level 82
I had this one just a moment ago:

Page created in 13.993 seconds with 10 queries.

It actually took a lot longer than that. I'd say at least about a minute. So even the information being given back isn't quite so accurate.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Page created in 11.358 seconds with 21 queries.

Which is funny because the page loaded instantly.