RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA] Quest Journal 1.0.3

Rep:
Level 36
-' Programmer '-
Nothing!
If you see one or spelling mistakes, given the knowledge! :)
Spoiler for "Window: Add a reward":
Still under development, must have patience because a lot of improvement and planned for the V3! ;)

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Just a couple spelling errors or things that I'm confused about. ;9

"Quete" should be "Quest",  "Proprietes" should be "Properties", "Lieu" should be "Location", I think. ^_^ Hope that helps!

Not sure what "Teinte" means, though. ;_; Maybe "Hue" ?

Otherwise, it looks pretty good! ^_^
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 36
-' Programmer '-
I just finished the translation of the main window and rewards!
Spoiler for "Software translates to 25%":
If all goes well, he shall go out next week! ;)
For Properties, I have to modify codes for taking into account the language select! :)
The teinte signifies the color of the picture, I think! :D
Google translate tells me it's color or hue!
Word I put?

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
"Tint" works great! :)
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 36
Like us, there is more to them than meets the eye.
This is a great script you have here. It is the last one that I am going to incorporate. (At least at the moment.) But I am recieving the below error everytime I try to call the sample quest. I didn't want to make any changes and break things further and you seem very responsive in the forum. So I figured I would give it a shot.

---Error---
Script'Quest Log' line 1977: NoMethodError occurred.
undefined method 'each' for true:TrueClass

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Hmm, well your line 1977 and my line 1977 might be very different depending on what your customization looks like. Could you show me your lines 1972-1982?

Rep:
Level 36
Sure thing. I just went ahead and grabbed that whole section that deals with height. You can see it in the spoiler below.
My line 1977 that it says is generating the error is:  @layout.each { |dt| @q_contents_height += data_height(dt) } if @quest

I am also calling the sample quest by using quest(1). It seems to be adding the quest because the link in the menu works, but it errors when opening.

Spoiler for:
#~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  # * Calculate Contents Height
  def calc_contents_height
    @q_contents_height = 0
    @layout.each { |dt| @q_contents_height += data_height(dt) } if @quest
  end
  # * Draw Data?
  def draw_data?(data_type)
    case data_type
    when :line then true
    when :level then @quest.level > 0
    when :objectives then !@quest.revealed_objectives.empty?
    when Array then (data_type - [:line]).any? { |dt| draw_data?(dt) }
    else !@quest.send(data_type).empty? # :description, :name, etc...
    end
  end
  # * Get Data Height
  #    This method calculates the height required for a specified element of
  #   the current quest. This is to calculate the needed space in contents,
  #   as well as advance the @draw_y variable.
  def data_height(data_type)
    return 0 unless draw_data?(data_type)
    return line_height if QuestData::BASIC_DATA_TYPES.include?(data_type)
    @maqj_font_data_type = data_type
    reset_font_settings
    return case data_type
    when :line, :level, :name then line_height
    when :banner
      bmp = Cache.picture(@quest.banner)
      hght = bmp.rect.height
      bmp.dispose
      hght
    when :description
      buff = description_x*2
      paragraph = mapf_format_paragraph(@quest.description, contents_width - buff)
      line_num = paragraph.scan(/\n/).size + 1
      line_num += (QuestData::DESCRIPTION_IN_BOX ? 2 :
        !QuestData::VOCAB[:description].empty? ? 1 : 0)
      line_num*line_height
    when :objectives
      objectives = @quest.revealed_objectives.collect { |obj_id|
        @quest.objectives[obj_id] }
      line_num = QuestData::VOCAB[:objectives].empty? ? 0 : 1
      buff = (objective_x*2) + text_size(QuestData::VOCAB[:objective_bullet]).width
      objectives.each { |obj|
        paragraph = mapf_format_paragraph(obj, contents_width - buff)
        line_num += paragraph.scan(/\n/).size + 1 }
      line_num*line_height
    when :rewards
      line_num = QuestData::VOCAB[:rewards].empty? ? 0 : 1
      (line_num + @quest.rewards.size)*line_height
    when Array then data_height(data_type.max_by { |dt| data_height(dt) })
    else 0
    end
  end

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
By any chance, did you set the q[:layout] of any quest to true?

Really, the script should have been flexible enough to accomodate for that, but it would cause a problem.

If that isn't it, could you recreate the error in a new project and show it to me?

Rep:
Level 36
Thanks modern algebra. You nailed it. I'm not quite sure why I changed that, and the answer was in your script. I'm sorry to have bothered you. I do appreciate the help though.

Rep:
Level 57
RMRK Junior
I've a suggestion : can you make an option like in mmorpg ? Where we see the goal of the quests ?

But the problem will be the number to display on the screen... In World of Warfract, they let player choose wich quests to display.
This is just an idea...

Rep:
Level 36
-' Programmer '-
Good for V3, will take time!
What for?
Quite simply, I prefer to make sure we can use the software on multiple operating system!
So I had to go in another programming language!

I'll let you guess! ;)

Rep: +0/-0Level 35
RMRK Junior
Hey firstly thanks for this awesome script, secondly my question!

Whenever I try to put a \v[x] i get a strange icon and the [x] is displayed, not the actual variable I'm trying to show. Is it possible to display variables within an Objective? 

Thanks!

Rep:
Level 97
Hey firstly thanks for this awesome script, secondly my question!

Whenever I try to put a \v[x] i get a strange icon and the [x] is displayed, not the actual variable I'm trying to show. Is it possible to display variables within an Objective? 

Thanks!

Hey, it should be. But you might need to use a double backslash. In other words, \\v[x] and not \v[x]..

Good for V3, will take time!
What for?
Quite simply, I prefer to make sure we can use the software on multiple operating system!
So I had to go in another programming language!

I'll let you guess! ;)

I am looking forward to seeing it. I'm not a good guesser though :'(

I've a suggestion : can you make an option like in mmorpg ? Where we see the goal of the quests ?

It wouldn't necessarily be hard, but VX Ace has such a small default resolution that any implementation would take up a lot of screen. I don't think it is something I am willing to do, but if you find someone else willing to do it, they are more than welcome to make the addon.

Rep:
Level 36
-' Programmer '-
I try to learn more about the Java language!
So I recode everything in java, its may take some time to convert the C # language in Java!
If someone knows more about the language of java, I would like to help me convert!

RMRK Junior
Hey.

Firstly, this is an awesome script and I absolutely LOVE it!~

Secondly, is there a way to implement a "Quest Board" kind of thing where the MC could see a list of available quests and choose which ones to take?  (I'm sure there's a way to do this with events, but I can't figure it out and was wondering if it's something that you might be able to add in.)

RMRK Junior
Hey modern algebra,
I just discovered this awesome script!  :) I love its customizability; I'm using it as a datalog.
There's only one thing: I'd like to be able to arrange my entries (quests) in three different categories (characters, story, world)
AND sort them by their IDs within those categories. So basically, I dont want the new entries to appear on the top, but in an order that
I can control.
Is there a way to do that?

Rep:
Level 97
Yes to both. You just need to create and use custom categories. See this post for more details.

That also describes the SORT_TYPE hash, which is how you set the order in which entries appear. The sorting mechanism you want is :id

pokeball BCjOffline
Rep: +0/-0Level 36
RMRK Junior
How can I create a notice/quest board where the player can read quests and accept them?

Rep:
Level 97
That is not currently a feature in this script. Sorry.

RMRK Junior
Is this free for commercial games?

Rep: +0/-0Level 34
He Has Gusto
Sorry in advance if this is a necropost (the time threshold for necroposting seems to vary from one forum to the next, in my experience), but I'm getting a consistent error with the script.  Every time I try to turn in this quest, I get this same error.

It's weird, since this is the only quest that gives me this problem, and only when I set it to have a gold reward.  I've put the quest in question below, since I already suspect know I just put something in wrong.
Code: [Select]
      when 2
          q[:name]              = "Road Closed"
          q[:level]             = 2
          q[:icon_index]        = 262
          q[:description]       = "Some bandits have set up a toll north of Azrim.  Don't let them have their way."
          q[:objectives][0]     = "Get rid of the bandits"
          q[:objectives][1]     = "Report back"
          q[:prime_objectives]  = [1]
          q[:custom_categories] = []
          q[:banner]            = ""
          q[:banner_hue]        =
          q[:client]            = "Woman"
          q[:location]          = "Azrim Gates"
          q[:common_event_id]   =
          q[:rewards]           = [
          [:gold, 500],
          ]

Rep:
Level 97
It's because of the lien right above it:

q[:common_event_id]   =

You need to either delete that line (if you don't want to associate a common event) or else set it to something. As it is, what is happening is that the line is being interpreted as:

q[:common_event_id] = q[:rewards] = [[:gold, 500]]

and q[:common_event_id] has to be set to an integer, not an array.

He Has Gusto
Ah, I see.  Thanks a bunch :)
Awesome script by the way.

Cthulhu Supporter
Dunno if it's been asked, but does the script automatically give out the quest rewards when completed, or is it just for display?

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/765611980633081
Every time I try run the game this error appears, I have tried deleting the comments but that never worked so I just inputted the whole thing back into the script editor and error still appears. Any ideas?

Thanks
DEAD KARL
"Everyone, even he, is a Silhouette" - Kana Boon