RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Cloud Altitude Effect Script

Rep:
Level 70
RMRK Junior
Cloud Altitude Script
Version: Version 0.2
Author: Heretic86
Date: Feb 18th, 2012

Version History

• <Version 0.2> 2012.02.18 - Developer Version Included!  Removed need for Parallel Event
  • <Version 0.1> 2012.02.01 - Original Release

Future Versions

Make some suggestions!

Description

The purpose of the Script is to create an Illusion that the Fog Layer is actually a Cloud Layer high above the Character's Heads.  The Altitude is easily adjustable.  The Demo comes with a Developers Tool for aiding anyone who uses the script to figure out what Altitude and Fog Speeds look good quickly and easily.

Features

• Alpha Channel Fog - The ones used in RMXP by Default do not include an Alpha Channel.
  • Creates an Illusion that the "Fog Layer" is high above the Characters heads.
  • Developer Version Included!  On Screen Debug Menu for Adjusting Cloud Altitude and Speed - In Game (Dev Features not available in Release Version)

Screenshots

The Effect is based on Motion, so Screenshots just show off the Fogs Alpha Channel.

Instructions

Insert the RELEASE VERSION called "Cloud Altutude" somewhere above Main.  It doesnt need to be immediately above it as far as I can tell, so you should be able to organize as necessary.  You probably dont want to use the Developers Version for Release of your game because of the On Screen Debug Menu and Input Definitions.

This Script does require an Event Script and a Game Switch.  Default is 21, but you can change that to any number.  Grab the Event Script from the Demo, it is only 2 Lines.  Since you need an Event for Fog to appear, just put that Event Script in after you set your Fog for that map.

GAME SWITCH 21 (by Default) MUST BE ON FOR EFFECT TO BE ACTIVE.

Script

DOWNLOAD: http://www.775.net/~heretic/downloads/rmxp/CloudAltitude0.2.zip

Credit

• Heretic86
  • ForeverZer0 - Providing me with the Initial Code Base to work with

Support

I'll try to support this script as best as I can.

Known Compatibility Issues

• I dont think it will be compatible with 8 Directional Movement Scripts, Pixel Movement Scripts are Untested.  I have no idea if it will work with Multiple Fog Scripts.

Demo

(See Download Above)

Author's Notes

Inspiration for this came from the old Sega Genesis game Phantasy Star 2

Restrictions

You are allowed to use, modify, and distribute this script provided you give me Credit.  You may use, modify and distribute the Resources (images) that I created (currently, just the Alpha Channel Fog) as long as you give me Credit.  You are allowed to use this Script and Resources in any game, including Commercial Games without providing me compensation, provided I am given Credit by name.  You may distribute this script on other websites.

/end_legalese

Layman's Legal:  You can do what ever you want with the script, just give me credit by name.
Heretic's Vehicles XP (Boat and Magic Carpet)

Heretic's Collection XP Ver 2.3 - Updated to include Dynamic Lighting, Moving Platforms, Vehicles, and much much more!