RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Glacia: Chapter One v2.2 (Completed)

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
Hey there! Glacia is a project that has been in development for more than 3 years now. We have released the final version of Chapter One, and we are posting this here to draw more attention to it. If you have not previously installed the RPG Maker VX RTP (Or don't know what that is), download the Glacia: Chapter One v2.2 RTP Included version of the game below. If you download the regular version, you will also have to download and install the RPG Maker VX RTP from the RTP Standalone link below.

Glacia is a retro/old-school JRPG style game following an epic tale of kingdoms, magic, and betrayal. This is the first of five chapters.

Glacia was initially conceived and developed by CaptainRegal in September of 2008. Since then, several people have assisted with parts of Glacia's design, and the game is currently being developed by CaptainRegal and DarkBox.

We've estimated Chapter One to provide between 5 and 7 hours of game play, and we'll be keeping it around this same amount of game play for every chapter that we release hereafter.

Rain Garshon, the naive young prince of Glacia, awakens to find his wife strangely absent from their bed. Unbeknownst to him, this marks the beginning of nation-shaking treachery that will turn his once blessed life to utter ruin in a single night.

This perpetrator of this betrayal, none other than his very own wife Lailah Garshon, has made it impossible for Rain to return to his kingdom. Now, Rain must travel the world of Elesca searching for proof of his lineage.

However, what he finds is something sinister waiting in his family tree. Before Rain can take back Glacia's throne, he must first discover if it was ever his to begin with.

Spoiler for Glacia's Characters:

Rain Garshon
Origin:Glacia
"The Prince of Glacia. After being betrayed by his wife, he must
travel the world to find proof of his lineage and be accepted
back at the palace."

Captain Gaven Carter
Origin:Flurry
"Gaven has been Rain's personal bodyguard for the last 10 years.
Because of this, they have grown very close as friends. Gaven has
invaluable battle experience."

Lailah Garshon
Origin:??
"Lailah is (or was) Rain's wife. She has seized control of Glacia
through force, murdering the King and turning the nation against
Prince Rain. Her motivation is unknown."

Blaze Trofield
Origin: The Hamlet
"A soldier of Firia, and Becca's husband. Blaze is dedicated to
helping Rain regain his throne."

Becca Trofield
Origin:Big Flame City
"A soldier in the Firian military. She despises killing, but will
always do what is necessary."

Spider Wessin
Origin:Flora City
"The most skilled archer in the Kingdom of Flora. Loyal to a
fault, Spider would rather die than break a promise."

- Completely customizable characters.
- Hundreds of build paths for every character.
- A massive game world, split into five unique chapters.
- A fun and easy to use alchemy system.
- No random forced encounters.
- A cool new skilling system, similar to LOTR: The Third Age.
- An entertaining mini-game in every major city.
- Puzzles in each area to provide fun and unique game play!

Spoiler for The User Interface:

Title Screen

Stat Distribution

Equipping Skills

Spoiler for The Maps/Lighting:

Poor Man's Cave

Firia Forest

Flora Forest Base Camp

Spoiler for Miscellaneous Images:

Battle System

Forging System

Firia's King

Developers:
CaptainRegal
DarkBox

Game-Specific Scripts:
Great Red Spirit

Battle UI:
Kikojui Frary

Beta Testers:
Code512
Yutakaa
NEIN

Special Thanks:
Kentona
Mr. Neemo
Tardis
Littlebro

Super Special Thanks:
RPGMaker.net!

Glacia: Chapter One v2.2
http://rpgmaker.net/games/920/downloads/3202/

Glacia: Chapter One v2.2 (With RTP Included)
http://rpgmaker.net/games/920/downloads/3203/

RTP Stand Alone (For the version without RTP)
http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download/run-time-package

PLEASE NOTE: YOU MUST NAVIGATE TO WHERE THE GAME HAS BEEN EXTRACTED AND CREATE A NEW FOLDER CALLED 'Save' IN THAT DIRECTORY. OTHERWISE, THE GAME WILL ERROR OUT AND CRASH WHEN YOU FIRST ATTEMPT TO SAVE THE GAME. THIS WILL BE FIXED IN THE NEXT UPDATE, SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE YOU HAVE BEEN CAUSED!!

Enjoy! Be sure to leave any feedback you have on the game here or on the game's rpgmaker.net page!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 08:23:51 AM by captainregal »

Rep:
Level 71
Looks nice, I love the GUI for the battle system as well as the lighting in Flora Forest Base Camp.

Rep: +0/-0Level 59
RMRK Junior
The glow on the letters unfortunately doesn't look so good on a darker background... :s

PLEASE NOTE: YOU MUST NAVIGATE TO WHERE THE GAME HAS BEEN EXTRACTED AND CREATE A NEW FOLDER CALLED 'Save' IN THAT DIRECTORY. OTHERWISE, THE GAME WILL ERROR OUT AND CRASH WHEN YOU FIRST ATTEMPT TO SAVE THE GAME. THIS WILL BE FIXED IN THE NEXT UPDATE, SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE YOU HAVE BEEN CAUSED!!

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
This looks.. Outstanding!
It appeals to me, but maybe because of those pretty graphics.
Anyways, good work, and good luck in updating it!
PS, The game link is broken.
なんでやねん

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
The link is not broken, just incorrectly formatted. In SMF links do not require / work with quotation marks. The correct link is just this.
This does look good. I see some good mapping technique in here. Good luck with the project.
I'm a little bit curious about this 'Save' folder thing. Surely the script you're using as a save system (is that Neo Save System?) would create the folder itself if it's not there?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 10:15:22 AM by Pacman »
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

The link is not broken, just incorrectly formatted. In SMF links do not require / work with quotation marks. The correct link is just this.
This does look good. I see some good mapping technique in here. Good luck with the project.
I'm a little bit curious about this 'Save' folder thing. Surely the script you're using as a save system (is that Neo Save System?) would create the folder itself if it's not there?

Good catch on the link thing. And yes, it SHOULD and it DOES, but not before it errors out and crashes the game. :(

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
5-7 hours, eh? I might as well try play it then.

Rep:
Level 66
RMRK Junior
I like it! Interesting story and characters. Waiting Chapter Two)
What about bugs/errors:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/11/battlebugg.png
I got it during battle with Horest. One character was K.O. after Ember Fire, I tried Adrenaline and Horest was killed in this moment... I got second same error in battle with Bashroom, after last enemy was collapsing.

Wild woods. Empty crate was commented by Gaven, even there isn't him in the party:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/252/havenoo.png

I completed quest with Antiect Tome, but the bill doesn't dissapeared from inventory. Also, is it was last quest?
Can't find eagle key. I missed, or it's from next chapter?
This topic, first post:
"Blaze Trofield
But he is 22 in game.