RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
(Request) State stacking

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
To be a bit more clear than the title, I'm looking for something similar to how it works on World of Warcraft, where, for example, a Warrior's Sunder Armor reduces enemy armor by 4%, and stacks up to 3 times to drop it by 12%.

Example: a spell that inflicts poison, say the poison does 15 damage per turn for 5 turns. add the chance for it to stack on itself on the next turn if it afflicts the poison again when you use the ability, it'll show the poison icon with a 2 over it, then the enemy then suffers 30 damage per turn.
Additionally, if possible, I'd like it to (under normal circumstances) expire 1 stack at a time, if applied that way. Example: you apply 1 stack of poison on turn 1. you then apply another stack on turn 2. the first application expires on turn 5, while the 2nd doesn't expire until turn 6.

Also, probably through use of an additional notebox tag, I'd like to also be able to have new applications refresh the duration. Example: Poison is inflicted on turn 1, since it'd expire on turn 5, you re-apply it on turn 4, causing it to expire instead on turn 9, but also adding another stack.

As usual, I'd prefer everything be written to use through note tags. Examples: Place <stack> in states you want to be able to stack on itself. Place <stack refresh> on ones you want to refresh per application.
And before I forget, please write it in a manner to where the stack cap is determined in the note tag, Ex: <stack 10>

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for April 2010
What engine is this?

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
nothing special or in particular, just the standard one.

Rep:
Level 82
Which platform do you want the script to be made for I think was meant.

XP, VX or VXA?

Then it might be needed to know if you're using any custom battle engine scripts, which by the sounds of your post would appear to be none.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
what is VXA? it's for VX.

Rep:
Level 82
The latest version of RPG Maker is RPG Maker VX Ace.

English translation of the original web page:
http://rpgmakervxace.com/tkool/products/rpgvxace/outline.html
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
so yeah, any way to do this?

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior

Rep:
Level 71