RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] [REQUEST] CMS with Objective Window & Talk System

Rep: +0/-0Level 60
RMRK Junior
CMS with Objective Window & Talk System

Summary
<<I think I'm kinda asking for 2/3 things at once ^^; but please, do spare your time and help me with my request>>

I'm making a game which is story driven, however, in order to proceed, the players might need some pointers about what they should do or where to go (e.g search the hall, find clues, rescue the old man, etc) somewhere in the game menu.

I would like to implement this by 2 ways,
-> by showing the the objective in the bottom window of the menu (see mockups)
-> by an option (on the left) "TALK" and choose character in the party to talk to, and then shows their thoughts/conversation/comments on the bottom window of the menu
* NOTE: The bottom window will always shows the objective, unless the player choose TALK option, then the bottom window will display the comments from the selected character in the party

I've checked out the journal or quest sytem, however, I think that's too complicated and complex for my game, because what I need is just a sentence, no quest, no rewards, no requester, no categories,etc. So, the journal or quest system is out of the choice.

Basically a custom menu with extra windows on bottom of the menu that shows current objective (or pointers what they should do) for players AND "TALK" script for players to communicate with the party members and hear what they are thinking.

So, I would like to ask for assistance from the script writers in this forum, or whoever that has the solution to my request.

Features Desired
  • Able to shows different objectives depending on the progress and events
  • TALK system that will shows diffferent dialogue that we have provided that can be synced with the current objective and events
  • Customize-able menu (on the left)
  • 2 character menu
  • Hopefully easy to configure ( I know this isn't a feature but I'll list it here anyway :P)

Mockups
Here's the mockups created using photoshop....
This one...

and this one..

Games its been in
Not sure if these features is already used in RPGMaker games, but the objective window is somewhat like the one Professor Layton used ( however, I would like mine in the menu)

link for references: http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRCH_71lmDdeSAOBcTELJ3zLHni3XkpxiCx7r0by8YlnN9OKhCTfnWAV7AH

Did you search?
Yes, I did...

Where did you search?
  • rpgmakervx.net
  • rmrk.net
  • rpgrevolution.com

What did you search for?
Tried to find similar features script, but couldn't find anything that close to what I need. Tried searching but still couldn't find what I need.. (or maybe wrong keywords?), the keywords used for searching are: "objective window" ,
"hint window",
"CMS"(checking each of them if they have similar display),
"menu note",
"talk system",
"talking with party members"
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 05:46:58 AM by avelxic »