RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Change Fade Time

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Change Fade Time
Version: 1.0a
Author: Pacman
Date: February 23rd, 2012

Version History

• <Version 1.0a> 2012.02.23 - Updated for increased efficiency
  • <Version 1.0> 2012.01.31 - Original Release

Planned Future Versions

• Nothing yet. Suggest something!

Description

This script will alter the number of frames it takes to fade the screen in and out (with the default commands). This is done with a simple script call. You can also set an individual fadein or fadeout to have a different number of frames.

Features

• Those things I said in the description.

Screenshots

N/A. There isn't an observable graphical change.

Instructions

Paste above Main, follow instructions in script header.

Script

Get it at Pastebin.

Credit

• Pacman

Thanks

• Countdown, for the request
  • TDS for pointing me in the right direction for this (unintentionally, naturally)

Support

Post here or PM me.

Known Compatibility Issues

I overwrote two methods in Game_Interpreter. This shouldn't effect any other scripts, unless they also rewrite those specific methods.

Demo

Eh. Nah.

Author's Notes

VISIT MY BLOG PLZ.
No, seriously. Do it.

Restrictions

Credit required in all usage of the script. Free for use in non-commercial projects For commercial projects, contact me.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 08:14:51 AM by Pacman »
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Updated for increased efficiency.

Rep:
Level 69
Very very nice, does fadein/fadeout(n) set it to that value or just use it at that value so there isn't a reset involved?

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
It just uses the value. It's there for specific calls where you want to keep the old value.

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
RMRK Junior
Since you said suggest something (lol), how about a fade in effect from the exterior to the interior. Like an enclosing circle or the top and bottom gradually getting darker until they meet at the centre.

Or have both of those fading methods, but the ability to stop the fade at a point (Like when the spotlight is on the character or to focus on something)
Cookie :3

Rep:
Level 69
Since you said suggest something (lol), how about a fade in effect from the exterior to the interior. Like an enclosing circle or the top and bottom gradually getting darker until they meet at the centre.

Or have both of those fading methods, but the ability to stop the fade at a point (Like when the spotlight is on the character or to focus on something)
..or have the same effect as the battle fade where you can change out the picture so it fades differently based on that. It would be much simpler that way.