RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMVX] Two Continents

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
don't remove the pillar, just move it down one space and switch its passage options to allow the player to walk under the top part but not the bottom part, that should be fine. Here are some more.

Inside the Inn are two people who are Sleeping (One on the table and another in a bed). What you need to do is set these events to have a 'directional fix'. That way they don't face you when you attempt to talk to them. You could do this with the dog as well.

Everything else was fine but you may want to work on your writing skills a bit. The Assassin guy says that he works alone and then doesn't even bother trying to decline working with another person. Anyone who always work alone does not simply decide to work with others just like that.
Make him show a little reluctance ;)

Back to my previous point on the music files. You've converted them to ogg and that has definitely saved some space, but they're still not looped and they cut out a few times while I was playing because of this.

Would you like me to loop them for you?

I tried looping the OGG's before, but I failed.
Looping the music should be a big help, and thanks for the writing tips  ;8
なんでやねん

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
I looped the one for Viresia's Music.

I'll PM you the rest when I get around to them.
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 81
it's time to poke
If there are over 1.5 million new residents every three years I don't think it qualifies as a village anymore.

Rep:
Level 82
So, I figured I'd give it a little run through as I had a bit of time I wasn't doing much (it's getting late so it's wind down time).

I agree with a previous post about the writing. It might help if you, or someone you can rely on, can go through it to make sure it makes sense. There's a few parts, like that one noted, where it doesn't seem appropriate. There's also a few broken sentences I noticed in the opening scene. It's something to keep in mind, and it's less work the earlier you work on the writing and check it over for sense and realistic representation of the scenario or the person speaking.

The next thing is the battles. I've only got into a few battles in the early game. I think some of the enemies may be a little overpowered for the beginning of a game. If the player is getting killed early on, chances are they won't play it for more than 10 minutes.

For example, first time through I died in the first forced fight. I was hit by 2 fire spells that each hit for ~150 of my 200 max HP, and if I'm only using the attack command it takes at least 3 hits, perhaps 4, to win the fight. And a lose results in game over, which was frustrating to say the least.

For an enemy that seems like he should be powerful this might be alright, and I was hoping for a scene after "dying" that would let the game continue regardless (this main character can still flee by jumping off the cliff). But, alas, I didn't get one and I was forced to go through the opening scene again.

I then got killed by the poison effect from the spiders. They too are a little strong, though probably beatable. But the poison effect ticked for 20HP damage, took me to 34HP and I died apparently. Also, some of the damage didn't seem to take the correct amount of HP off, or I had less HP than was being displayed. I'll take another shot at this tomorrow and see if the same thing happens again (I'll make notes for you). There may be a bug in that somewhere. Maybe you can also take a look at it.

Now, I didn't get too far (probably not even a minute in really) but there's one thing that made me "hmm?". Prior to that opening battle, the two characters are walking along the edge of the cliff. This doesn't seem very safe to me (neither does jumping off the cliff but that's a little less strange as there might be ledges to land on on the way down). But walking on the edge of a cliff, that is not a good idea. You might want to put them onto the path.

Those are a few things I noticed/found along the way. I'll keep playing around with it, as I've been meaning to get a little more into the scene. It gives me something to do when I get fed up/frustrated with my own project. Plus, it's a good source of inspiration.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
I also noticed the writing, but I let it slip because you're not a native English speaker and it wasn't that bad...

When I try to escape from battle it won't let me, and no I don't mean when I'm fighting the spirit thingy, it won't let me run when I'm fighting a random battle.

Another weird thing is when entering places, the character seems to walk through a wall, what you wanna do is remove the wall past the door (Leave it transparent) so that the player does not go through a wall but instead into a black spot (Which typically means entering something).

All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
I also noticed the writing, but I let it slip because you're not a native English speaker and it wasn't that bad...

When I try to escape from battle it won't let me, and no I don't mean when I'm fighting the spirit thingy, it won't let me run when I'm fighting a random battle.

Another weird thing is when entering places, the character seems to walk through a wall, what you wanna do is remove the wall past the door (Leave it transparent) so that the player does not go through a wall but instead into a black spot (Which typically means entering something).

For the 'escape' problem, I had it fixed just a while ago.
It seems that the 'auto attack' script won't let you escape for some reason.

About the entering places thing, I didn't have time to add in transparent black spots.
But I will add them, so don't worry. If there is anything else, please tell me  ^-^
なんでやねん

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
Update ;

V0.3 (TEST)

- Transparent background for doors
- Monsters at the forest (Alot easier, but not too easy, and new enemies)
- Fixed some story background.

なんでやねん

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
I know I said I'll PM them to you but I can't find out how to attach things in a PM...
So..

Here you are my good man.
I get started on the others soon.

Rep:
Level 82
Quote from: D&P3

Just so it's known, I'm not putting you (AbsoluteIce) down about the text. I know you're not natively an English speaker, but that's why I suggested the additional helper on localizing the text properly. For quite a few critics, a badly localized script can be a bit of a turn off for them, so the extra time in having a proof reader for the dialogue would be worth having.

I'll take a go through the latest version later this evening.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
Quote from: D&P3

Just so it's known, I'm not putting you (AbsoluteIce) down about the text. I know you're not natively an English speaker, but that's why I suggested the additional helper on localizing the text properly. For quite a few critics, a badly localized script can be a bit of a turn off for them, so the extra time in having a proof reader for the dialogue would be worth having.

I'll take a go through the latest version later this evening.

Oh, don't worry. I took that piece of advice as a way
to improve the game. Sure, it's not the best, but it's still
my piece of creation. So don't worry, Logan  ;8.

Also, D&P. Thanks for looping the music!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 11:44:14 AM by AbsoluteIce »
なんでやねん

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
Some more loops. By the way, quite a few of these are unloopable, These music files sound like they're for cutscenes though, so I'm thinking it probably doesn't matter.

And in your third demo, I've found nothing wrong so far except for a few lines of dialogue that do not sound right.

One of the houses in Viresia now had a black space on it... I'm assuming that this is an incomplete house and that a door will be placed there eventually, so I'll overlook it.

I went to go and get Froust's friend first and when I got to him, he asked who the other two guys were... It was only Froust and the other guy no third.

Another thing is the amount of random battles, they're normally fine in the forest but once I get to the section past the save point, I am literally swamped with random battles, nearly once every three steps (this happened in your last demo too).

I hate random battles for exactly this reason, it happens way too often.
Any chance you could turn the encounter rate lower?
Or could you use map monster encounters instead of random battles?

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
Some more loops. By the way, quite a few of these are unloopable, These music files sound like they're for cutscenes though, so I'm thinking it probably doesn't matter.

And in your third demo, I've found nothing wrong so far except for a few lines of dialogue that do not sound right.

One of the houses in Viresia now had a black space on it... I'm assuming that this is an incomplete house and that a door will be placed there eventually, so I'll overlook it.

I went to go and get Froust's friend first and when I got to him, he asked who the other two guys were... It was only Froust and the other guy no third.

Another thing is the amount of random battles, they're normally fine in the forest but once I get to the section past the save point, I am literally swamped with random battles, nearly once every three steps (this happened in your last demo too).

I hate random battles for exactly this reason, it happens way too often.
Any chance you could turn the encounter rate lower?
Or could you use map monster encounters instead of random battles?

Well, first.
Thank you for the looping the OGG files. It means alo. :)
Secondly, I made a mistake at Froust's Friend. It was supposed to be
Colpo's brother to be there when you recruit him, But.. Eh. It just got
tangled up. I fixed it, so no problem there.

I also fixed the rate of the monster encounter, I won't let the '3 steps' thing
happen again. So don't worry about that.  ;8
なんでやねん

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
0.4 DEMO IS UP!
ATTENTION
Spoiler for:
I'll be using fileflyer from now, due to the reason that
mediafire is acting strangely on me..

Features :
- Added Boss Battle
- New map, 'Crampbell Village'
- Explore a bit of 'Crampbell Village'
- More skills!
- Neo Save System

Bugs :
- I suggest you go and get Froust's friend, first.
Because if you take Colpo's friend, then talk to Froust's
friend, then a bug will happen and you will have to
talk to Colpo's friend at the pub again.
なんでやねん

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
I've barely started and I've already found a little bug.
My first battle has four characters instead of just Froust, I'm assuming that since he was by himself in all other demos he should still be by himself in this one.

But so far, your intro scene is much better, I can actually understand completely what is going on now, and it also looks better in general.

Edit: The background music for your mountain stops playing after I beat the boss.

That very same boss battle is extremely long, I thought it was incredibly easy at first but after it transformed it just turned in me trying to keep my characters alive with constant healing and little attacking.
Reducing the boss's attack power by a few points should fix that problem.

Inside Crampbell Village, I went to the weapon and armour shop and whilst talking to everyone I managed to walk onto a table. This only happens with the swords and bow however.

Aside from those little bugs, your mapping skills have made me incredibly jealous, everything just looks so well put together. ;)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 04:28:55 AM by D&P3 »

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
I've barely started and I've already found a little bug.
My first battle has four characters instead of just Froust, I'm assuming that since he was by himself in all other demos he should still be by himself in this one.

But so far, your intro scene is much better, I can actually understand completely what is going on now, and it also looks better in general.

Edit: The background music for your mountain stops playing after I beat the boss.

That very same boss battle is extremely long, I thought it was incredibly easy at first but after it transformed it just turned in me trying to keep my characters alive with constant healing and little attacking.
Reducing the boss's attack power by a few points should fix that problem.

Inside Crampbell Village, I went to the weapon and armour shop and whilst talking to everyone I managed to walk onto a table. This only happens with the swords and bow however.

Aside from those little bugs, your mapping skills have made me incredibly jealous, everything just looks so well put together. ;)
Well, first off, I forgot to remove the party members
when I was testing out a script, xD.
Anyways, I've fixed the walkable swords and bow.
And thanks for the mapping compliment! I'll be
sure to keep releasing this  ^-^
なんでやねん

Rep:
Level 58
Attraction of goodwill
And where would demo 0.5 be?
Sometimes I wonder if I need psychiatric help :'(

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
And where would demo 0.5 be?
The 0.5 demo should be out in a week or two.
I want the player to at least have a 1 - 2 hour gameplay
too have a "feel" of the game. So.. Stay tuned?  :V
なんでやねん

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
UPDATE :
- NEW SCREENIES BABEH!
なんでやねん

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
World Map For 'Two Continents'.
The colors next to it (on the left of the text) is what it represents.
なんでやねん

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
Two Continents site is up.
It might be sucky, but it's working at the very least. ._.
http://twocontinents.webs.com/
なんでやねん

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
Sorry to say, but this project has been abandoned.
Could a moderator move this into Abandoned projects? :/
なんでやねん

Rep:
Level 58
Attraction of goodwill
May I ask why you have decided to abandon this?

It looked like a good looking game :)
Sometimes I wonder if I need psychiatric help :'(