RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Neo Gauge Ultimate Ace

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Neo Gauge Ultimate Ace
Version: 1.1a
Author: Pacman, Woratana
Date: February 5th, 2012

Version History

• <Version 1.1a> 2012.02.21 - Fixed a glaring typo
  • <Version 1.1> 2012.02.05 - Fixed large bug
  • <Version 1.0> 2012.02.04 - Original Release

Planned Future Versions

• Adding options to differ the stat gauges.
  • Anything else suggested.

Description

This script changes the way gauges are drawn. This script supports drawing gauges horizontally and vertically, uses a 3-colour gradient, has a very simple setup and two brilliant methods to change the bitmap. Note that much of this work is Woratana's, you should credit him the same as (if not more than) me. I do not claim writing this script entirely, I edited the VX version a while back, and this is the VXA port of that.

Features

• New, better-looking gauges.
  • Options to change the gauges' colours.
  • Options to alter the position and style of the gauges.
  • Choose which gauges are drawn neo-style.

Screenshots

In this screenshot, Change Gauge Display is also used.

Instructions

Paste above main, follow instructions in script header. Instructions on configuration begin at line 17 and end at line 79.

Script

Get it at Pastebin.

Credit

• Pacman
  • Woratana

Thanks

• Xiie (Rin, Reisen, whatever) and EvilEagles (Kuku) for feedback
[li]Yami for harshly reporting an error.
[/li][/list]

Support

Just post here. Or PM me if your problem is embarrassing.

Known Compatibility Issues

I overwrote 4 methods in Window_Base. I made 2 new methods in Bitmap and several (err... eight?) in Game_Battler. If you stumble across any errors, please let me know.

Demo

I don't think it's really necessary.

Author's Notes

I didn't contact Woratana about this, which was rude of me. If he expresses any concern with this, I will take it down, but I doubt that will happen.

Restrictions

Free for use with credit in non-commercial projects. For commercial projects, contact me and I'll get back to you.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 07:42:26 PM by Pacman »
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Pretty scripts make the world go 'round. Thank you for making this, Pacman! :0 It will make my transition to Ace so much better! ;8 Love it!
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I ported this because I remember back in VX I couldn't stand working in a project without a gauge styler. MA already did Blizz's, so I decided to do my favourite, Neo.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
They're pretty looking bars. Nice work Pacman (and Wora!)

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Fixed a massive bug.
Like, rhinoceros beetle massive.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Updated to version 1.1a.
Spoiler for:
Upgrade complete.

Rep:
Level 69
I'm totally gonna use this. HP bars will turn into candy bars.