RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
What do you collect?

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
I've started collecting vinyl, very small collection so far ;9

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I must be weird or something. I've never had the compulsion to collect anything.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I never really thought about it, but having a look in my room I guess I collect clarinets. There are like five in there.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I suppose you could say I collect dresses. There are at least 6 or 7 prom/homecoming/bridesmaid dresses in my closet. My mom has an extensive collection of shot glasses. Oh, and beer steins. And vintage soda and beer cans.

I think my mom has a problem. .-.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I read some of them, use some, love the art in some, the information in others. Some I don't touch a lot. It depends on what it is.

Rep:
Level 60
Creativity is all I have.
I read some of them, use some, love the art in some, the information in others. Some I don't touch a lot. It depends on what it is.
What would be your favourite guide at this moment?

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Its too hard to answer that question, because I like them for different reasons. I can give you a few examples, though.

"Final Fantasy III" By Nintendo Power is probably the one that I've wanted the longest, but hadn't gotten until recently. Its actually Final Fantasy VI, but back then we didn't know that yet. The art is all Amano, and the info is great. Its one of my favorite games, too.

"Mother 3" by fangamer holds a special place in my heart, because it is a fan-made guide for what is basically a rom translation. The love that went into it is obvious. There are photos of fan-made figures and stuff that are spectacular. I have it sealed in a bag, though, and I don't like to open it often.

The Oblivion guide was the one that I've actually used the most out of all of them, and it shows. Its in pretty bad shape, but I haven't replaced it because I'm waiting for the GOTY edition to go down a bit in price. Right now, its sitting between $50 and $200.

The one that I've paid the most for so far has been the Fallout 3 GOTY Collector's Edition. I'm not going to say how much.

There are so many that I love, though, for so many reasons. I couldn't possibly be very specific.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest MemberMost entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2010 Most Missed Member
I used to have that FF3/6 guide. It's pretty awesome.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 60
Creativity is all I have.
Its too hard to answer that question, because I like them for different reasons. I can give you a few examples, though.

"Final Fantasy III" By Nintendo Power is probably the one that I've wanted the longest, but hadn't gotten until recently. Its actually Final Fantasy VI, but back then we didn't know that yet. The art is all Amano, and the info is great. Its one of my favorite games, too.

"Mother 3" by fangamer holds a special place in my heart, because it is a fan-made guide for what is basically a rom translation. The love that went into it is obvious. There are photos of fan-made figures and stuff that are spectacular. I have it sealed in a bag, though, and I don't like to open it often.

The Oblivion guide was the one that I've actually used the most out of all of them, and it shows. Its in pretty bad shape, but I haven't replaced it because I'm waiting for the GOTY edition to go down a bit in price. Right now, its sitting between $50 and $200.

The one that I've paid the most for so far has been the Fallout 3 GOTY Collector's Edition. I'm not going to say how much.

There are so many that I love, though, for so many reasons. I couldn't possibly be very specific.
Well, I can state the reason for you; memories. When playing a game or experience a certain event, your mind saves the feelings you had at the moment. Most of the time, you'll not even know of it. For this reason, many collect things like you. I find this very beautiful, as it is your own way to deal with things from the past. A good example for me would be the movie "Braveheart". I never knew my father until 2 years ago and he died after a fight between us. The scene were his death father comes back really makes me cry, while I saw that movie so many times and nothing happened.

Hear me babble, haha. All I want to say really is that I understand why you collect them even if the prices are high. I find it beautiful in a way. You have my respect :)

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
I paid the original pricing for that, u jelly?

Rep:
Level 94
No, because I've got some that are worth a lot more, but I paid nearly nothing for.

Rep:
Level 94
Took a few quick pics. I have a lot more than this, but I haven't got any more shelf space at the moment, so they're sort of just satting around.

The one on top is the Skyrim artbook.

That Resi 5 guide is a rare misprint of the collectors edition. The pages are all in backwards.

Random art books, and those little DoubleJump books are some of my favorite. That Persona 4 book is particularly rare.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 03:51:51 AM by Holk »

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Stuck? Need game hints? Call the Hint Hotline at 1 800 ASK HOLK

Rep:
Level 97
Man I had that Phantom Brave guide, but I used it so damn much it isn't even legible anymore.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Man, back in the day, I wanted the Morrowind Prophecies more than life itself. It seems trivial now that I've discovered UESP.

Rep:
Level 94
I just ordered some books from Japan. Hopefully, if everything goes well, I can post some pictures this week.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Looking forward to it :)
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
That's an awesome collection Holk, looks really impressive!
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 94

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest MemberMost entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2010 Most Missed Member
Man, that makes me want to start collecting game guides.

Rep:
Level 94
Ok, so I got the first of two shipments from Japan, and one bonus shipment! Here goes:

First, the Ys Complete Collection guide. This one has a whole mess of stuff in it. Maps, item info and illustrations, bestiary, and a whole art collection in the back. The only bad part is that the main section of the guide is not in color. Rather, its in a weird red/white color scheme. Otherwise, it is a pretty cool book.

Tales of Destiny guide. This one is gorgeous. It has a clear plastic dust jacket, so the cover art shows through. The title of the game is printed on the jacket. Inside, it is full color, with maps, character info, bestiary, skills, art, and interviews. Being Japanese, I can't read it, but still, it is a beautiful book.

Tales of Phantasia, Guides 1 and 2. These are for the PS1 remake of ToP, and they match the layout of the Destiny guide. Again, wonderful guides. During my research, I've found that most Japanese guides are split into multiple parts.

Dragon Quest 25th anniversary book! I've wanted this one for a while. Its basically what the title says: a fan book for Dragon Quest's 25th anniversary. Filled with art and stuff from every DQ game. Oh, and the poster, DVD, and inserts are all still in there!

And here's the beginning of a collection that I hope to have complete. These are small books published by NTT for early Final Fantasy games. My next shipment is a bunch of these. The two in the picture are the Final Fantasy IV Setting Materials Guide, and the Final Fantasy V Basic Knowledge Guide. These books are meant to give background information on the worlds and characters of Final Fantasy games. I love them. I only wish they did these in English, but they are so awesome.

Here's a bonus: I finally got a copy of the Mega Man Complete Works artbook!

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Damn,very cool! Ever thought about learning the kanji?

Rep:
Level 94
I've been thinking about it lately, yes. Its pretty difficult, though.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Yeah, I'll give you that. There's just SO DAMN MUCH of it.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Looking at my video game collection and considering how many of them I really play I'd go with that.

I have a massive collection of vinyl too, but I haven't actively collected in a while.

Off and on, Magic The Gathering. I don't have a massive collection, but it's rather respectable. I have spent a shocking amount of money on single cards however.

I don't really know if I consciously collect guitars but I have at least eight of them. I've even started refinishing and making them.