RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Music] Arlen's Weekly Music Release!

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Kindest Member2012 Best Counselluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
ohh  I like that, it was very good.

hit all the notes for me xD 
Main Level Music:"la la la la la  just skipping along minding my own business"
Cutscene: "Oh crap, what is that!"
Boss Battle: "Oh god, oh god, oh god" 
lol

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Favourite Staff Member2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
19 seconds? I want more! :P

By the way, I totally love the ambient/light combat/heavy combat layers set. They sound awesome and blend into each other perfectly.

But the link for them in the original post is broken.

Rep:
Level 82
That was a pretty good re-scoring there, Arlen. I especially liked the battle music you had. More of that would be nice.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Alright, it's been a while, but that's because my graduate thesis is being a bitch to complete.

But here's some neat video demos I made with my music. You've already heard the tracks in these videos, but you haven't seen how to fade in an interact with each other like this.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geFpTqvaIJQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geFpTqvaIJQ</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JEZssTGQug" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JEZssTGQug</a>
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 07:26:21 PM by Ryan L. »

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Kindest Member2012 Best Counselluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
interesting o.o

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Dear lord that's cool.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 96
Ratchet & Clank music, this time!

ICY ACTION SEQUENCE

(In case it doesn't work... http://soundcloud.com/ryanleber/action-sequence-01-ratchet)

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Quit making me lose faith in my abilities :mad:

In all seriousness I loved the sound of it, and when the strings kicked in it made the piece all the better. My only complaint would be that the rhythm sounds kinda choppy and erratic, although that may have been your intention. Is this all East-West orchestration? Because you seem to make it sound far more real than when I use it.

Rep:
Level 96
It's east west, and some Alchemy patches (free!), and a bunch of loops for the rhythm. Lol, the erraticness is probably because of those loops. To get away from blatantly and obviously stealing other peoples loops, I layer a few of them together and chop them up to make them fit. Sometimes it's not 100%, but I don't really care as long as the energy is there.

As far as getting East West sounding better, it's all about layering, and knowing when to use a compressor. Those hits are, like, a combination of the 70 piece string marcato patch, the timpani patch, and the trombone marcato patch. I always compress my timpanis, and sometimes my low strings, just to make them pop out more without necessarily making them "louder."

But it's mostly the layering. You gotta figure, these patches weren't meant to be used alone. They were meant to be used all together, right?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Favourite Staff Member2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
That Ratchet & Clank song is great.

Rep:
Level 96
Thank you! You'll probably like this one, too. :)

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I liked that one much better than the original. I can't even find anything wrong with it. At this rate you'd probably be able to get into a major studio purely based off of your portfolio.

Rep:
Level 96
To hell with staying on schedule!

New RaC track. SLOW. MOVING. DANGER.

Rep:
Level 96
Eh, here's the rest.

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I listened to these on facebook. I really liked them all.  :) 

Rep:
Level 96

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
I love the flowing section that starts at about :30 in Action Sequence 1. It's very cinematic.

boss Fight is my favorite of the bunch overall, though. Nice percussion. 8]
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 96
Just bumping to say THANKS to everyone for listening, and also to say that this is over, lol. Everything's listed in the OP, if you wanna go back.

Maybe I'll start another weekly release thread when I start picking up steam again, but for now, we're done.

Thanks again!