RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED]Trying to make a game trailer....

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
...but it's awful and the filesize is absolutely enormous. Like, 22GB. I used CamStudio to capture it and VirtualDub to add music. However, I get choppy video (which I am told to expect) and even when I tried to do so, YouTube did not wqnt to upload it. It is very possible that I did something wrong as that was my first attempt at any video work.

It's in AVI format if that makes any difference.

Can anyone offer some guidance? What software do you use, how do you process it, where do you host it, stuff like that?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 11:25:00 PM by EvilM00s »
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
22 gb : O how long/ how nice was it >.< I recall doign a 30 minute video for school and encoding it in mpeg it wasnt much bigger than a gig

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
I've used Camstudio here and there and a huge filesize like that is usually pretty normal for the stuff it produces. Just re-encode it in some other program, Mediacoder for example.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Thank you both!

Despite the filesize, it really sucked! The timing was good, I showed what I wanted to show, but the quality was substandard.

Mediacoder, eh? Is that a free program?

EDIT: Found the website, it definitely looks like a winner. I'll try it out this evening.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 09:53:53 PM by EvilM00s »

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
windows movie maker is your friend... But only if you have Vista or earlier, because they fucked it up... :P

nah, in all seriousness, though, I haven't used a decent video maker in quite some time, but it sounds like that camstudio is a piece of shit software: Substandard quality AND huge filesize?
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You could say that, yes. I originally got it on reccomendation from this thread but it appears it doesn't work as well as it ought. Again, maybe it's me, but I see trailers posted all over and they seem to work great, sound and everything. I wanna do one too.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
It turns out that almost ANY other software is better than CamStudio is good for vidoe recording. I went with a suggestion by one of mah buddies here on the forum, but due to the sneaky way in which I acquired it, I can't discuss it in this board... suffice to say, I have it down, and thanks to all for their suggestions.