RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Anonymous Agony [15-Min Final Build Trailer!]

Rep:
Level 73
Original Soul
The prologue and demo for Anonymous Agony will be released May 10th!
Everyone look forward to it and spread the word please! =)

The ending theme for Anonymous Agony, "What Do I do?" was written, sung and composed by The Final Chapter
Take a listen to a preview below!
http://www.box.com/s/dy5d41hz74u7lgkr5313
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 03:59:28 PM by Madurai »

Rep:
Level 73
Original Soul
Claim Future Rewards!

Head over to the project's Kickstarter for unique rewards! And a chance to help the project succeed!
There is much additional information on the project over a the link as well!
CLICK HERE -- http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1756321461/anonymous-agony

Rep:
Level 73
Original Soul
We've recently recruited a new illustrator named Amy Makuto.Please go have a look at her wonderful art! -- http://xamxam.deviantart.com/

Some big updates are coming soon!

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
Wow, she's awesome! This is looking to be shaping up nicely. I'll get that next demo for sure. I might actually buy it at this rate, the story just has me hooked.

Rep:
Level 73
Original Soul
Hey everyone! The prologue to Anonymous Agony, "File #0: Intrusion"
will be here May 10th!

You ready for a ride on the Haze Taxi?

Rep:
Level 57
Everything about Rendered Fate
I was gonna say something encouraging, but that'd be completely redundant with what everyone else is saying. However, that was the intention of this post so I wish you the best in your work.
Link to my game is here.
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,45507.0.html
Feedback will be nice to get, constructive or otherwise.

Rep:
Level 73
Original Soul
Where'd this title screen come from!?
*GASP*

Rep:
Level 73
Original Soul
May 10th!
ONE DAY!

Rep:
Level 73
Original Soul
Everyone can download the File #0: Intrusion Beta below!

While this is not a proper episode, it does act as the intro to the story.

File #0, does not allow player control, it is mainly story based.
File #1, will have all features, and most importantly player control.
File #0 is only a quarter of the length of a regular episode.

We're sharing this super early so that we can hear your feedback!
We are listening and your feedback will help shape the final game!
So let us know what you like, and what you don't like!

Anyways, we hope you enjoy the preview!
                    -Coded Emotion
http://www.mediafire.com/?ynyflco59y9j2yy

I'll also go ahead and announce that no further episodes will be released for
at least three months. We want to get a head start, not to mention hear you all out and make the final version something great with all your help!

Rep:
Level 57
Everything about Rendered Fate
Like the intro. I'd like to give some minor pointers, though.

When it showed the upstairs hall, what kind of bothered me a little bit was the size of the doors. With the sprites you're using it looks like they'd have to crawl through to get to their rooms, which kinda sounds painful. It's a minro detail, just something that oggled me a bit.

I loved the voice-acting in this one.

Even when some of the text was cut off, I was able to read all of the text, so I got the story ingrained. Needless to say, you got me hooked.

Nice character development you've got going here.

Other than that, really not much else to say. I liked where you went with the story, I'll probably love the interactive parts coming up [if they are interactive, but with how it's written un-interactive might still be just as good]. There was that slight door issue, but it's nothing that can't be a huge problem. I also like how you were able to do the mapping in the game with mostly RTP graphics, big plus. Music was a nice touch, too.

Can't wait for the next one. Too bad it's in 3 months.
Link to my game is here.
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,45507.0.html
Feedback will be nice to get, constructive or otherwise.

Rep:
Level 60
Is there any particular reason that I downloaded a 510kb video of an inverted Ben repeating "you stupid" over and over for almost 30 seconds? The RMVX RTP was included with your entire project along with the installer for the RMVX RTP, too, which is kind of redundant. I mean, I was originally going to comment that your download is huge for what is essentially a preview of what the game is going to be about, but if you removed all of the RTP resources and the RTP installer from the file (and the "you stupid" video), I'm sure it would be a lot smaller. 164 MB is just a tall order for some people, especially with no actual gameplay.

That said, the voice acting was overall enjoyable. The people voicing Haze and Clara were quite good, actually, especially in comparison to some of the others (Ben and Bridget stuck out to me). The characterization, though, fell a little flat in my opinion. In short, I didn't really find any of the characters (except Craig) all that believable, to be honest. The parents, in particular, could have been much more believably written. I was almost expecting them to say something like "fuck you you fucking fuck, punk" based on their presentation, which actually brings up two other points: firstly, cursing in a game doesn't inherently make it "dark," and I think it's over-used in some places here; and secondly, the parents definitely need to not say "punk" so much -- it gets kind of old.

Having mentioned writing, it would also be a good idea to go back and double-check the grammar being used in your message boxes. Correcting issues with grammar would greatly improve the professional appearance that you're aiming for (and hit quite well in most other areas). I also didn't see some of the messages as necessary ("Clara and Haze go downstairs", for example); in most cases, what was being described in the message box was pretty clearly happening without having to make the viewer pause, press "Enter," and wait for the next segment to come up. Oh, and the voice acting was out-of-sync with the displayed text throughout the entire project for me; I don't know if that's the case for anyone else.

With all of that out of the way, though, this shows some serious promise, and the overall presentation of everything is very good; unfortunately, the biggest problems (for me) had to do with the believability of the events happening in the game. With some more time to explore the characters and develop the story, though, it has great potential, so I will definitely take a look at any future versions you release here. :)

Rep:
Level 73
Original Soul
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 01:23:05 AM by Madurai »

Rep:
Level 73
Original Soul

Rep:
Level 73
Original Soul
We were going to save this to reveal with the new trailer, but!

I'd like to introduce the virtual art museum in Anonymous Agony.
Every episode we'll feature new artists in-game! If you like a piece,
you'll be able to view the artist's BIO and webpages right in-game.

So if you're an aspiring artist or photographer, that would like a piece
featured in-game send us a message at "Iarudam@hotmail.com"
with the desired picture, and a bio telling us about yourself,
like why you love art or photography!

We hope to help promote all you fantastic artists and photographers out there!

Rep:
Level 73
Original Soul
Firstly we'd like to again apologize for this delay, but we are just about ready to release File #1 of Anonymous Agony. Technical work is completed, we're just finishing up some of the art assets.

File #0 had around six story illustrations, and File #1 has 30. That being said I feel it's about time to announce our final art team.

The new dialogue portraits have shifted from a full body view, to a shoulder up view as we feel this focuses on the facial expressions much more.

Our new portrait artist is Nicole Wong and our whole team is very happy
to have her along. Go pay her a visit here - http://metapham.tumblr.com/

All of the future story illustrations will be drawn by Melody Brown.
Melody drew one of the File #0 illustrations, and will take up the task of
handling all of them from now on. She will also re-draw the File #0
illustrations she did not do for the  final version.
Check out Melody here - http://jaytheunseen.deviantart.com/

I'm afraid there may also be another delay with File #2 due to the complete set of
different assets it has. We'll have a lot of foundation work to complete.
Whole separate cast of characters (With the exception of Clara) meaning new portraits, soundtrack, areas, menu graphics, it's essentially a whole different game.

But once File #2 is released, and we have the assets completed for both sides
of the story, we'll be able to keep the episode every two months deadline.

Some people had asked us how different File #2 was from #1, how different that
side really  was. To answer that, it's lighter for one, it's nowhere near as morbid,
and we feel it really contrasts with the Haze side of the story. It also focuses on
simulated psychology sessions, rather than simulated online chatting and murder.

These two stories will eventually come together for the ending, but there's a lot
to get through before that happens.

Expect a trailer displaying all the features of File #1 sometime in October.
Expect File #1 to be released sometime afterwards.

Rep:
Level 73
Original Soul
Get a preview of our original OST with a song performed by Amanda Lee!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5znRL8eVKgI&list=PL7056BC7BD6CCCB5D&index=6&feature=plpp_video

Also added to the main post!

Rep:
Level 73
Original Soul
Here's the 15-Minute Final Build trailer of Anonymous Agony!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP50FylsLZo

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.