RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Anonymous Agony [15-Min Final Build Trailer!]

Rep:
Level 73
Original Soul

Anonymous Agony is a commercial video game focusing on dark, realistic themes. It will be distributed online in an episodic manner. It's setup like a television show, and it will be very heavy on story.

Haze and Clara don't have the best parents in the world, between their regular drug dealings, and other shady activity, but despite this, Haze and Clara go on living. Haze, an eighteen year old punk just starting starting to grow up holds a deep bitterness for the world as well as his parents. He tries to protect his sister from the evil in the world he has experienced first hand. Clara, a ten year old girl just starting middle school that's very grown up for her age spends most of her free time online chatting with friends.

One day, Haze returns home to find that his younger sister has been raped, Haze discovers soon after that it was by a person she had been talking to online. After much strife, Clara is sent to a mental hospital to recover, Haze begins using his sister's online screen name to lure out other internet predators in hopes of, in his own way, getting revenge on the world.

Anonymous Agony follows the parallel Stories of Haze and Clara.
As Clara heals and heads towards eventual recovery, Haze heads towards his own downfall.

Haze
                Character Concept--------------------------------------------------In-Game Portrait

_______

Haze is very sarcastic and condescending he always speaks in a superior tone, unless
he's talking to his sister Clara. He's usually disrespectful and rude.

"Well pops, you seem like one of the decent ones. But I still don't care to ever see your face again,
do take care though, I mean it, I really do."

_________________________________________________________________________________________ _______

Clara

Character Concept---------------------------------------------In-Game Portrait

_______

Clara is a spunky, smart 10 year old girl. She's impressively mature for a child, and regularly gets mad
at Haze for his mean attitude.

"You kinda suck. But since you let me ride on your shoulders again I guess you kinda don't suck..."

_________________________________________________________________________________________ ________

Craig

Character Concept----------------------------------------------------In-Game Portrait

_______

Craig is an older middle aged police officer, he's tired and short most of the time, but is still a good guy.
He lives a few houses down from Haze.

"You asked me why I was a cop, why I tried to "play fair" in a world that doesn't. I'm a cop because...
I'd rather fight an impossible battle than surrender to a damning world."

_________________________________________________________________________________________ __________

#1: Simulated chat rooms. Take on the facade of a young girl, and...go fishing.

#2: Fully voice acted story.

#3: Intuitive game play simulating real life.

#4: Detailed decisions will affect the outcome of your actions, plan ahead now.

Take a listen to 30 second samples of our wonderful original soundtrack composed by Martin Barreby

Main Theme "Say My Name"  ~Vocals and Lyrics by Diana Kantor~
http://www.box.com/s/jly80czfqnt4d99o2geb

Agony Of The Soul ~Haze VER.~
http://www.box.com/s/nifqgy8jgkremgmrerum

The Mind's Decay
http://www.box.com/s/6lur6eon21vqetlhzh21

A Wilting Flower
http://www.box.com/s/3txv82h3gob8nl4hefbj

The Curse Of Happy Days
http://www.box.com/s/yzvq7tojrtly1crga6uv

Get a preview of our original OST with a song performed by Amanda Lee!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5znRL8eVKgI&list=PL7056BC7BD6CCCB5D&index=6&feature=plpp_video

Writer & Director:  Jake Caro

Character Designer & Logo Designer: Melody Brown
http://jaytheunseen.deviantart.com

In-Game Portrait Artist: Ehcs
http://ehcs.deviantart.com

Music Composer: Martin Barreby
http://www.youtube.com/user/motakay/videos

Created By: Coded Emotion CO.

For questions or comments email: Iarudam@hotmail.com

Copyright 2012 Coded Emotion.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 04:11:02 PM by Madurai »

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I like this idea, for some reason the story appeals to me. Soemthign about Haze going down the path to self destruction just for vengeance for his little sister. Keep up the good work :3

Rep:
Level 71
That's one of the best plots I've ever seen  :o

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
That's one of the best plots I've ever seen  :o
I agree, this sounds amazing!

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Hm, definitely interesting. The concept is fairly original, but be warned: I have seen a lot of fiction that covers such a bleak subject turn silly and corny very easily. It will take a lot of work to prevent your game from going that way, and I wish you all the luck in the world.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 71
Your mapping looks decent though the story synopsis lead me to thinking that they live in the inner city with tons of crime and shady looking people. Rather than living in a decent looking subdivision.

Rep:
Level 73
Original Soul
Your mapping looks decent though the story synopsis lead me to thinking that they live in the inner city with tons of crime and shady looking people. Rather than living in a decent looking subdivision.
Crime doesn't only exist in a suburb city, that be a bit too stereotypical as well I think.
There is a larger city out of their neighborhood though, as you said, you're only seeing the subdivision area of town.

Rep:
Level 73
Original Soul
Hm, definitely interesting. The concept is fairly original, but be warned: I have seen a lot of fiction that covers such a bleak subject turn silly and corny very easily. It will take a lot of work to prevent your game from going that way, and I wish you all the luck in the world.

I am aware of the delicate themes of the story, thank you very much for the luck, and I hope to impress.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
With this being a commercial game, how much do you intend to sell it for?

Rep:
Level 73
Original Soul
With this being a commercial game, how much do you intend to sell it for?
First episode being free, all following ones for under $2 a piece.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Hm. That's kinda salty for an RM game. I've seen them go for up to $10.oo US, but I was dissuaded by the price, to say the least... perhaps if the first episode is really good, people will pay, but it's my experience that they won't. I don't mean to discourage you, it's just what I've seen.

You never know, it just might work.

Rep:
Level 73
Original Soul
Hm. That's kinda salty for an RM game. I've seen them go for up to $10.oo US, but I was dissuaded by the price, to say the least... perhaps if the first episode is really good, people will pay, but it's my experience that they won't. I don't mean to discourage you, it's just what I've seen.

You never know, it just might work.

I've actually seen quite a few more expensive RM games, up to 20$ US, being sold that were of very bad quality.
They were selling a decent amount too, I'm confident people will like the first episode and deem it worth it.
But there never is any guarantee, we'll be making the game the best we can, and putting it out there, it's really all we can do, I believe the engine the game's running on doesn't matter, I believe it's the soul of the game that does.
Keep an eye out for that first episode next month! ;)

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
I shall, thank you.

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
I've seen commercial RM games much worse than this that do pretty well. I'll be eagerly awaiting the first episode.

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
I wish I could say more, but all I can say at this point is good idea.  ;8
I'll play sometime soon :D
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 12:42:10 PM by KingLes98 »

Rep:
Level 75
Creator of Ascension
Great idea for the story, nice character art and music... But will this work with those cheery rmvx graphics? I'm afraid not to be honest. For some reason i think this would work better as a visual novel than as a game. Just go for more custom character art and leave out the awkward graphics. Is there even rpg related gameplay? You might take a look at ren'py instead, it will also give you more platforms to release your product on.

All information about my project here:
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,40365.0.html

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
Screenshots aren't what I was expecting. I kinda had a Visual Novel in mind, but I'll still try out episode 1 for sure, because looking back at the story it still blows me away, it's such a great concept. You can turn this into a television show :P

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
plot sounds like a cross between chris hansen and Dexter, sorta interesting. I gotta say the final clara seems kinda lame for a gritty story. but hey opinions

Rep:
Level 73
Original Soul
Added the colored Craig Portrait!

Rep:
Level 81
it's time to poke
Best make sure you have permission from the graphic/music resource authors before selling, unless the screenshots are full of placeholders (I'm not just referring to the sprites).

Interesting looking game, though. I'll keep an eye out.

Rep:
Level 73
Original Soul
Best make sure you have permission from the graphic/music resource authors before selling, unless the screenshots are full of placeholders (I'm not just referring to the sprites).

Interesting looking game, though. I'll keep an eye out.

Actually, all music and art was done specifically for this project, it's all original.
The original sprites are currently being made, and the tileset artist gave permission :)

Rep:
Level 73
Original Soul
Thank you for the nice comments everyone! =)

UPDATE: Added final Craig portrait.

Screenshots updated with original sprites!
Voice recording for the first two episodes is beginning soon.

The official website will be done the day after tomorrow, everyone will be able to see more info as well as voice samples when it launches!

Rep:
Level 73
Original Soul
UPDATE: We've updated the fist post with our official website! Head there to find out
more about Anonymous Agony!

Rep:
Level 62
RMRK Junior
That's an awesome plot I've got to say... Good luck.

Rep:
Level 73
Original Soul
Cleaned up the thread!