RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Fall of the Living: First Outbreak (Beta Download)

Rep:
Level 84
Project of the Month winner for October 2009
Johnathan Preciado Productions presents...

-----------------------------------------------

Genre   : Action/Adventure/Survival Horror/Rpg
Engine  : Rpg Maker XP
Players : Single Player
Download Size : 287 MB

-----------------------------------------------

This topic is to review beta test results, as well as keep an eye on the amount of users interested in the game as the other topic has been started years ago. I believe this topic serves a different purpose than the development topic for the complete game. If this is a problem I will merge the main topic into two sections beta/full game development.

[size=150]What is Fall of the Living?[/size]

Fall of the Living: First Outbreak is a survival horror action rpg made in RMXP that has been in production for quite some time now. It uses almost completely custom coding trying to steer away from nearly all RMXP's default systems.

[size=150]Note[/size] Beta Campaign Mode Contains NO story mode gameplay. This is a COMBAT SYSTEM TEST BETA. To strictly test the combat on maps that will be featured
in the final game. None of the 3 stages end by themselves. After you have killed all the zombies and explored all the levels press the F12 button to return to the main menu to select the next stage through campaign.

Features:
Spoiler for:
-Advanced Weapons System - Take control of a detailed combat system. Ability to perform instant kill headshots. Fueled by the Mushroom Cloud Engine. A powerful engine I created from scratch taking advantages of a custom particle animations systems, and a deep stats system per weapon.

-Blood System - Enemies splatter blood when hurt

-Custom Map Lighting

Beta Locations:
Spoiler for:
-Apartment Complex
-Urban City (with a few stores)
-Country Side (with Abandoned Airport)
-Sheriff Office [Extra Op]

Beta Screenshots
Spoiler for:
Apartment Complex

Urban City

Country Side

Videos
Spoiler for:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtbAntWDHNw[/youtube]

a small teaser of gameplay. Had to record offscreen due to my laptop not being able to record the videos fast without lag. I'm sorry for the bad quality, better on screen version of gameplay test showing multiple weapons will be posted soon.

Gameplay with the silenced MP5SD, USP, and MOSSBERG 500 12 gauge.

Graphics bugs are present in the video, ignore them.

Beta Gameplay Instructions and controls (Important) 
Spoiler for:
About Weapon Slots (Inventory System)
Weapon slots are seperated into 4 different catagories. A,B,C and D.
You press W to switch through the weapon catogory letters.
Slot A: Primary Weapons (Assault Rifles and Sub Maching Guns only)
Slot B: Secondary Weapons (Handguns Only)
Slot C: Support Weapon (Shotguns and Hunting/Sniper Rifles)
Slot D: melee Weapon (Not available in beta)
If you look at a weapon that is able to be picked up, it will tell you which slot the weapon will take up. S1, S2, S3, Meaning slot A, Slot B, slot C.

Refilling your ammo:
[Ammo stashes are on the starting point of each stage, as well as can be found randomly around the level. Ammo stashes have a variety of ammo types. To collect ammo, simply equip the weapon you would like and interact with the ammo stash. You can refill slot A, B, and C with ammo stashes.

Reloading
There is no auto reload. To reload your weapon press the Q key.

Running
Hold the S key while walking to make your player Sprint. You cannot run and attack with firearms

Attacking
After equipping youre weapon, and weapon slot, press and hold the A key to raise your weapon. Release to lower your weapon Press the SPACE BAR, or Enter or C while aiming your weapon to fire. While aiming your weapon, the players direction will be locked, allowing you to STRAFE.

First Aid Kits.
If a first aid kist is found, hold the Z key 5 seconds untill your health is fully restored. There will be no indication
of if your using it (glitch in beta)
(only ONE first aid can be carried at a time)

Beta Stages
Some of the stages in the beta are uncomplete graphic wise. Alot of the buildings in the beta CANNOT be entered,  there was not enough time to do all the interiors, definately next demo. Small graphics or gameplay bugs may be in it. That is the REASON FOR A BETA.

Download the Beta!
Link Fixed!!
Spoiler for:
[size=85]Downloading this beta means you agree to not hack, tamper, or break the games encrypted file. Steal graphics to edit them or anything. I will release this system as a standalone in a few weeks. [/size]

I Agree, Download the Beta

Post your thoughts or comments on this thread when finished. Or need help or have questions.

Known Bugs
Spoiler for:
Muzzle Flash - Smoke from firing gun sometimes a small puff goes in wrong directionwhen firing. this is just a graphics bug and does not affect gameplay. the muzzle flash animation is not complete, and doesnt have up and down animations.

Reloading - The "Reloading" Text stays on screen if you teleport to a new map while the text is displayed.To fix this error, simply reload again

Slot Menu -Somtimes on the first safe map, and only that map, the Slot menu will cycle through only a and b, or c and d. You can still pick up weapons. To fix this just continue to the second map and it will be returned to normal

Help! Review the beta
Spoiler for:
Write a small review of your experiences to help develop the game further for your enjoyment.

Promo Code: Extra Op
Spoiler for:
Enter this code to open the small extra map, Sheriffs Office.
To unlock the stage through campaign input the following promotional code in the options menu. Code: "WANTED". In all capitol letters without qoutation marks.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 05:37:28 AM by ChainsawMelody »

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I came XD

Edit, you can use [yt] instead of [youtube]
also it seems your extracter hangs when its extracting zombsfx4.wav
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 02:02:39 AM by IAMFORTE »

Rep:
Level 84
Oops. Let me get a fix on that extractor. Sorry for the inconvience! Youtube link fixed

Rep:
Level 84
Link Fixed!

Rep:
Level 84
No one played it yet? :[

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I'm re dling it now, ill edit this post once ive played :P

Lets see here, Ill note only the gameplay issues here, since im sure you know about the graphics ones, Theres a few places where the player can just run outside the map, zombies follow too, making for a rather intresting setup XD. I encountered some invincible zombies as well, the zombies also seem to respawn and then die as soon as the player reenteres somewhere theyve been preiviously. Sometimes my guns havent worked, and neither has reloading. I find that the regualr walk speed is just a tad bit slow, battle seems sort of choppy, and i struggle to hit guys soem time (or amybe i just suck). I like your weapon animations though, especially the pistol ones XD
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 11:18:41 PM by IAMFORTE »

Rep:
Level 84
Awesome thank you. If you need help let me know. I feel lke I didn't post some things..

Rep:
Level 84
Anyone else play? The official demo with all the errors will be removed soon. With new weapons, systems, and levels.