RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA] ATS: Formatting 1.1.5

Rep:
Level 58
in training
Wow. Another fantastic script. FYI I found a slight "quirk" that might be worth mentioning in the title. If you have a space between the end of a line and a \n line break it ignores formatting.

For example;

\a[C]Hello\n
\a[C]My name is Chickan

Displays

Hello
My name is Chickan[/size]

Whereas

\a[C]Hello \n
\a[C]My name is Chickan

would display

Hello
My name is Chickan

It's not aproblem as such but it was causing me some initial confusion.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Thanks for the error report.

Rep: +0/-0Level 68
RMRK Junior
Okay, so I'm having a slight problem with text alignment and pauses. When I align a message to the center via \a[C] (or \a[1]) and try to put a 1 second (\| or \w[60]) pause anywhere in the message, whenever the message begins a second or third line, the entire message window blanks out, as if no text was inputted, but it returns a second later.

For example :

Code: [Select]
\a[C]Hello, this is a test.\|
This line appearing instantly is vital to my survival.\|

Will make the window write "Hello, this is a test." and as soon as the first line is completed, it blanks out, as in the window is completely empty as shown below:

The message window stays like that for a second before writing the rest of the message, the first line teleporting in as if nothing was wrong in the first place.

I've tried this with a completely new project and no other scripts enabled, and I've tried the message both with a face and without a face image, the facial image disappears with the message as well.

Line 129's paragraph_format is set to false.
Line 136's append_text is also set to false.

I would rather they both stay off, and I need those 1 second pauses (actually more like 3 second pauses, but it happens with a one second pause anyway.) for certain dialogue in my project.

Oddly enough, the error does not happen if I use the 15 frame pause ( \. ) once or twice, but when I have four \.s then it does the same glitch as just putting a \|

Is there something I'm doing wrong or is this a legitimate bug in the coding? This did not happen with version 1.0 of this script.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Sorry, I haven't tested this script enough when paragraph formatting is off. Thank you so much for directing me to that error and I have updated the script to version 1.1.2 with a fix.

Rep: +0/-0Level 68
RMRK Junior
No problem, and thank you for the same-day fix.  ;8

Rep: +0/-0Level 50
King of Something...Something, Something.
Hi there, I'm new, but I figured I'd chime in with a bit of a bug.

I noticed that when trying to center text, alignment doesn't take into account changes in font size very well.  For instance, if I do:

\pf\a[c]\{This is a line of text\n
\}This is sub-text

It looks rather weird and misaligned.  If I forgo font sizes, it works beautifully.  Also, this is with paragraph and append off by default as I'm using quite a few Yanfly scripts, like his message system and victory aftermath.

Also, it's not an incompatibility with his scripts as I used yours alone, before even installing his message system and I had the same result and even worse with \{\{ in place.

By the way, thanks for the killer script.  This is a must-have add-on for if using Yanfly's and a must have period for any game!
If at first you don't succeed, f**k it.

Rep:
Level 97
Well, when I tried it like this:

\pf\a[c]\{This is a line of text\}\n
This is sub-text

It worked fine, so I think it is only when the size of the font changes in the middle of a line that problems arise. I will look into it.

Rep: +0/-0Level 50
King of Something...Something, Something.
Interesting.  Thanks for the tip and glad you're looking into it.
If at first you don't succeed, f**k it.

Rep:
Level 86
Om Nom Nom
I have a question, how can you make the alignment default for all messages? It's kind of a hassle editing each text and appending \a[C] to them. Thanks :D

Rep:
Level 97
Right above the Editable Region, you should see this line:

ats_alignment: 0,

Change it to:

ats_alignment: 1,

You can also change it throughout the game with the ats_next and ats_all codes:

ats_all(:ats_alignment, 1)
ats_next(:ats_alignment, 1)

Naturally, 0 is left-aligned; 1 is centre-aligned; and 2 is right-aligned.

Rep:
Level 86
Om Nom Nom
Wow, I didn't see that. Thanks! :D

Rep: +0/-0Level 70
RMRK Junior
I'm not sure if Modern Algebra still supports this script or anything but I've come up with a problem with it.  For some reason I have text that is forcing line breaks even though I'm not specifying for one to occur.  It's kind of annoying.  the following are a few screen shots of what I'm talking about.

This image here shows that I have the text in the editor all on one line separated by page breaks.

This image shows that when tested and gone into the game to play it, the game is forcing a chunk of text down a line even though there is clearly space for more words on the first line.

This image is similar to the one above that happens a few pages down in the text where the process repeats itself.

This script seemed to be doing just fine until I went in and tested it in the game.  To make things easier to possibly find the problem here, I have not edited or changed anything in the script and I am not using any other scripts but this one at the moment.

Rep:
Level 41
Bronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer
How have I not noticed this before...

This will prove very useful for my new game, modern. Thank you!

Rep:
Level 97
Thanks zach! I'm glad you like it.

Also, thank you for the detailed bug report titan_strife. I have updated the script and I believe that I've fixed that error. You can collect the updated script from the first post. Let me know.

Rep: +0/-0Level 70
RMRK Junior
Thanks!  The update seemed to fix the problem I was having.  I'll let you know if I come up with any other problems.  It is a really awesome script.

Rep: +0/-0Level 31
RMRK Junior
So, I've been a huge fan of this script on RMVX, so when I started a new project on RMVXa I had to get it - but it doesn't seem to be working correctly.

The first time a message pops up, the paragraph is not formatted correctly. But if you bring up the message a second time, it's correct. It appears to be correct until you quit the game, I have no idea why it's doing that.

Like so:

The only scripts I have installed are the other MA Message scripts.

ATS: Special Message Codes [VXA]
ATS: Formatting [VXA]
ATS: Message Options [VXA]
ATS: Choice Options [VXA]

If you'd like me to upload the project file, just let me know.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I can't really help with scripting, but I think I know how to find out what's causing it.
Make a new project, insert the Formatting script. Place some characters with some dialogue.

1. Test it. (Does it format correctly? If yes, go to step 2. No? Go to step 3.)
2. Add another script from the list, go to step 1.
3. The latest script you just added is most likely the one causing it.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
Je voudrais pouvoir parler français.
Is line height not adjustable with this script? If a small font size is set, it can almost look double-spaced.
Anatidaephobia- The fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you.

Rep: +0/-0Level 20
RMRK Junior
Is there a way to make spaces in the beginning of the paragraph? The script seems to ignore the spaces that i put in manually.

Rep: +0/-0Level 17
RMRK Junior
Very nice script, thank you modern algebra!

I just wanted to ask if it is okay to use this script in a commercial game.