RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
(RMXP) World Zero

Rep:
Level 61
RMRK Junior
The world had giving us humans another chance to make things better

Story
It is the 21st of December, 2012, the day of the end of the world. It may look like any other day (only with no work nor school) but when the clock stroke 12:00, a massive earthquake destroyed everyone and everything on it's way. Or so it looked like.

We follow Cora Storm. Today, the 21st of December, 2012, is her birthday. She was just waking up, getting ready to meet her 2 best friends at the Luna Café, and celebrate with her family her birthday. Well… that was the plan… a shame that her plans got ruined when she woke up in a volcano with no memory of the past day!

Cora is panicking, thinking she's in hell. When she sees a staircase that lead up to a point of light far away above her; she feels relived and climbs up, hopping to find her family and friends. When she finally reaches the top she felt like her heart is stopping.

She finds herself, alone, at a desert. Thinking it's over: she find footprints, fresh ones at that! Cora decides to follow the prints, hopping that will lead her to safety in a this new world that she names: "World Zero".

Features
Location Window v1.4 – by Juan
Side-View Battle v1.14 – by ParaDog
Advanced Message Script R4 – by Dubealex
Auto Full-Screen Script – by Isaacsol

Graphics (addons)
^^^The addons are only where I write them (icons, characters etc.)^^^
Tilesets by: Zanyzora's RMXP Resources
Characters by: Sithjester's RPG Maker XP Resources, Land of Shadows, Zanyzora's RMXP Resources.
Icons by: RPG Maker VX
Autotiles by: Zanyzora's RMXP Resources
Battlers by: Sithjester's RPG Maker XP Resources, Land of Shadows.

Sound and Music
SE by: Partners In Rhyme
BGS by: Partners In Rhyme

Characters
Cora Storm
Personality: Shy and strong
Cora grew up all of her life in the city with her mother. Her father died 2 weeks after her birth on military service. Cora wanted to be just like him and serve at the army, too. She started to work out when she was 12 and became as strong as her father was.

Leon Silverheart
Personality: Friendly and Wise
Leon used to live in desert areas when he was just a kid. He and his family moved to New-York around the time he was 11. Leon became a Photographer and returned to live in the desert areas.

Ann-Rue Moonlight
Personality: Aggressive and a born leader
Ann-Rue never was the kind of girl who will just keep her mouth shut. Not much is known about her life before the earthquake.

Screenshots

Maps Sneakpeek

(PPPSSSTTT! Hey! Hey reader! Ya, you! This is my first game, so please go easy on me, please?)
(PPPPSSSTTT [again]! I know my mapping skills are not they best, but I'm working on it :D)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 10:08:16 PM by Shira.XDD »
"Sometimes, you should just give up."
"Sometimes, you should just shut up. But are you shutting up? Yea, didn't think so."

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
Besides from the repeating man in the windows, the first screenshot of the city looks great. I'd hoped to have seen a bit more of this desert though, but I suppose I can take it as a surprise. I'll keep an eye out for any updates.

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
I agree about the old guys in the windows and that girl.  Need to have those windows a little more varied.  Maybe only have one window with a person looking out?  Not very many people stand by their windows and look out like that because most people would be busy doing something else with their time. 

I'm confused about the 2nd screenshot...It's just a long staircase and your character with blackness around them.  Was this posted on accident?  It has no eyecandy and would suggest taking a screenshot of an area that has more going on to show us.

Default Battle system + Sideview Script + ???  Another screenshot that could be omitted until custom graphics are applied, in my opinion. 

I'm assuming most of this is just the story as you have it sofar based on your game's description, so it seems fitting to have that title there like that but I am curious if you just changed the screen's saturation and whatnot and added a display picture command to an event and took a screenshot of that or if that is your title.  If it isn't your title, cool.  I hope you play with the show pictures command to come up with lots of creative and fun effects that you can do with enough pictures.  If it is your title screen, however, maybe something that fits the overall story or theme of your game would be best (obviously with your logo too). 

Maybe you could avoid using "Zero" in your game's name? A lot of games with "Zero" in the name (as I first found out the hard way with the very first game that I was trying to make back when rm2k was the big thing and people still messed with rm95+).  Depending on your theme, a title generator on the internet could help you come up with some fairly good titles by randomly generating a list of names for you and you can then mix and match or use one of them that was created or even just use it for inspiration and make up one of your own from there.

The story seems alright.  I get the idea you are trying to convey but your description here kind of confuses me despite the fact I think I get where you are going with it.  From what I understand, this is my version of your description (with some more dramatic flair and some added explanations because right now, your story pretty much says she is celebrating her birthday...but she is leaving her house...and then ends up in a cafe.  Most celebrations include food, so why she would end up in a cafe 50 minutes later is beyond me, but I will add a little extra to give you some ideas on how to fix this and maybe you can change it or expand on it in your game...I don't know, up to you).  It is quite long and in my opinion, much more story like rather than a brief 30 second writing job that I would have written for a school assignment in high school just to hurry and get the job done, only hoping to get barely passing grade.

"On December 21, 2012, when the clock struck twelve, an immense earthquake shook the world, destroying everything in it's wake...or so we thought.

Prior to this earth-changing incident, Cora Storm, who just turned 18 on this very day, was celebrating her birthday with her mother.  As a gift, she is given a ring.  This ring is a family heirloom, passed down from mother to daughter for 27 generations.  After the festivities, Cora left to meet up with her Uncle, who was unable to attend her celebration, at the local Cafe.  Oddly, there was nobody there, not even a single chef.  Upon trying to leave the Cafe, she reached for the door only to realize that it was locked.  She pounded on the door, hoping someone would walk by and hear her but nobody came.  Suddenly, there was a flash and Cora was knocked unconscious.

Some time later, Cora slowly woke up.  As she looked around, she realized she was no longer in a cafe.  The walls and ceiling were made up of rock and the floor covered in sand.  It appeared that she was in a cave!  The only way out appeared to be through a small corridor that contained a staircase made of rock.  She slowly approached the corridor and peered up the end of the staircase.  It appeared to go on forever with a small light appearing at the end of the tunnel.  Realizing that this could be a way out, Cora started to ascend the staircase. 

The staircase was indeed very long and Cora felt weak.  She had no clue how long she was out but it felt like she hadn't eaten in a very long time and she hoped that when she reached the top, she could find someone who can tell her how she can get home. 

Cora reached the end of the staircase but what she saw made her heart sink.  The cave appeared to be in the middle of a desert.  The heat from the sun beat down on her fair skin as she looked around for any sign of life.  She looked down and noticed some fresh footprints coming from the cave and leading out beyond some rocks.  Excited and hopeful, she follows the footprints, hoping to find their owner and hopefully a way back home..."

I hope this wasn't too harsh of a critique for you and hope it gives you much more constructive criticism to work with and hopefully improve the quality of your first game because the first impression is a lasting impression and if you can "wow" the public with your first game then you will be good to go!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 09:19:07 PM by Lethrface »
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

Rep:
Level 61
RMRK Junior
No no, I really like your honesty, it's exactly what I need from people! Their opinion ^^
About the second sceenshot, i planed it that way. The part where Cora finds herself in the cave, yea, thats the long climbing part XD.
Has for the story description, thank you for helping me about that ^^ I kept looking on how I wroth it for a really long time, looking whats wrong with it, but I just couldn't find what! You really helped me with that, so now I can change it (again) and I'll post it as soon as I can :D
Now, the name of the game, yea, a lot of other games as "zero" in them, but I really like the name, and its been in my head for awhile now, so thank you for the advice but... I'll that the chance anyway ^^
BTW that was a really long post you head there O.o has much has I live your honesty, could you please mercy me? XD
"Sometimes, you should just shut up. But are you shutting up? Yea, didn't think so."

Rep:
Level 61
RMRK Junior
---UPDATE---*Description of the story!
*Characters pictures!

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
lol I normally have nothing to say and try to keep to myself but sometimes I come out of hiding to post something :P Most people do not like my bluntness and how honest I can get XD
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

Rep:
Level 61
RMRK Junior
XD really? i was more then happy to see someone gave me an honest reply about my game :3

Rep:
Level 61
RMRK Junior
UPDATE (YAY)
*All maps were remade!
*New screenshots!

Rep:
Level 61
RMRK Junior
TA DA! UPDATE!
*New title screen!

Rep:
Level 61
RMRK Junior
 :tpg:Update! :tpg:
***A NEW script will be featuring in the game!
***Yet ANOTHER screenshot to show you the new script  8)

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
It seems like you have a pretty good idea of what you want to accomplish, that's good. This being your first game, my expectations are low; newer, less experienced RMers tend to abandon projects. However, I wish you luck and will offer any assistance I can- while I don't use XP I can write, and I have some mapping experience.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 61
RMRK Junior
?(^o^)? thank you for your offer, I would like to think about it (^_^)
This isn't really my first game ever, I did a few other games, I just never put them online. ^^

Rep:
Level 61
RMRK Junior
Let the UPDATE begin!
*A new script is being used!

Rep:
Level 61
RMRK Junior
ZOMFG AN UPDATE!
I haven't updated in a while! (Sorry...) I Am cursed! In the curse name SCHOLL (AHHHH!) Yes, the update!
AHAMAHAM! The World Zero story has changed by a bit

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
It is the 21 to December, 2012,
I'm assuming you meant to say '21st of' here.

Haha, so when she was just waking up to go meet her friends at a cafe, she managed to wake up again in World Zero. Interesting.
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 61
RMRK Junior
Arrgg.... I hate it when I get that damn thing wrong... Oh well! Now I must fix it! Thanks :D
And well... it's really complicated with Cora... so I hope in the game it will be more.... understandable... ^^;

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
In that case, you should look into releasing a demo of your game :P
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

Rep:
Level 57
Everything about Rendered Fate
I like where you're headed with this, when can we expect some gameplay?
Link to my game is here.
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,45507.0.html
Feedback will be nice to get, constructive or otherwise.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
I like where you're headed with this, when can we expect some gameplay?
That's actually what I've been waiting for as well. I'm digging the game.

Rep:
Level 57
I hate suspense at a time like this!

Especially since I'm saving video game work for until I have the first part the way it should be.
Link to my game is here.

Rep:
Level 61
RMRK Junior
Well don't you worry everyone!
You see, right now in my contry we a holiday, and I'll be back at school only on Monday next week, so until then, I'm working THIS hard on the game. Also: YYYAAAAAAAAAAAAY! I'M SO HAPPY PEOPLE LOVE MY GAME! THANKS YOUS!
However... there is one tiny problem...
I have a "format" in math (AAAHHHH). It's a really big tast that can give me extra 5 points or give me -5 points in a BIGGER math tast, so I really have to study for this cr*ppy thing. And also I have a school project. BUT STILL >< I'll keep you guys with updates.

Which reminds me...
IT IS UPDATE TIME!
*A new screenshot has been added! It is design 001 of Nameless Desert! Where it is all going to happen :D

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
Of course we love your game. You've put effort into it :)

Have no worries about your updates, working on your game can be done at anytime, studying for your math test can not. Get those 5 extra points ;8

Edit: That desert looks really nice :)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 03:39:03 PM by Chris 3 »

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
you should probably proof read your first post,other than that looks interesting, though I think the whole mayan calendar scare is silly, but that doesn't really have any bearing on the story.

Rep:
Level 61
RMRK Junior
LA WILD UPDATE APPERED!
*New screenshot to Maps Sneakpeek had been added! Meet Leon's Cave Camp ^^ Hope you like it

Rep:
Level 57
Like how the camp's set up, but it feels a bit small. What confuses me about that particular map isn't the mapping style [which is a plus] but the strange un-naturality of it. I truly don't think caves look like that unless they're carved.

Don't take it the wrong way, I don't mean to offend or anything like that. Just something I noticed when I saw the walls and stuff.
Link to my game is here.

Rep:
Level 61
RMRK Junior
Oh! No, no no, you didn't offened me at all ^^
The cave was actullay a hideout of some guy who disappeared right after he build it. So yea, the cave isn't natural at this point and yea, it is a little bit small... but hey, originally, this place was suppose to be a hideout from someone or something ^^

Rep:
Level 57
If that's the case, then nice touch. Might add a little variety into the game.
Link to my game is here.