RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Battle Sprite Creation Help

Rep: +0/-0Level 62
RMRK Junior
Hey guys, i'm hoping someone knows how to help me because i've searched the internet as far as I can without falling out of english and having to learn a foriegn language, lol.

I'm still learning how to use my RPG Maker VX, but the RPG Maker itself isn't my main issue. My issue is wanting to make my Battles a bit more animated, not full on animated, but i'd like it where my character's had animated battle poses, or atleast not looking like they're just walking in place.

I'm using the RPG Tankentai Sideview Battle System script for the sideview battles. I already know what process to use in the script to change so that my Walking (Over Word) Sprites don't get mixed up with my Battle Sprites, but what I want to know is if anyone knows a step-by-step visual instruction on how to make said sprites for my game or if anyone knows of a Sprite Generator out there I can cheat and use, lol.

Oh and please don't try to direct me to a place with already made Battle Sprites because I have my own custom made sprites i'd like to use in this game.

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for April 2010
Basically...you want to know how to animate poses for sprites?
Forgive me if I'm not reading this right since I only had an hour of sleep '3')c

RMRK Junior
Basicly yeah. I'd like for them to look hurt when hit, look weak when poisoned, or with any Status effect, have a better looking collapse when defeated, and more importantly, NOT look like they're walking on an invisable tredmill.

Mainly I'd like to get rid of the Walking in place, but any info on the others will work as well, lol.

RMRK Junior
Ok I kinda decided to try my hand at making my own custom battle sprites. Sadly now i've forgotten how to get them to work. I know it has to do something with a change of the script targeting the image, but I forgot which part of the script and what to replace or add. Could someone help me?

I'm using Tankentai v1.2 by the way.