RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Forgotten Beginnings

Rep: +0/-0Level 70
RMRK Junior
~A Dark Wolf Production~ :zwink:

Genre :   RPG Fantasy
Engine :   Rpg Maker VX

-----------------------------------------------

Team
Rei-Game designer, Web Designer, Eventer, Graphic Artist
Harmony-Voice actor
Savi-Voice actor, scripter, musician
[size=150]
STILL NEEDING A MAPPER AND VOICE ACTORS![/size]
:shock:

Forgotten Beginnings
The game begins by explaining the birth of the gods and their creation of all that is. After many ions of peace the gods retired to Paradise with their favored children, the demons. However, a few hundred years into the peace a betrayel shattered Paradise and destroyed the gods. With pain and questions you, one of the last gods, team up with your friends and search for answers and revenge.

Indepth plot and Features
Spoiler for:
In the beginning before even nothing a Will to exist came to be. Then the Will became a being that split into 4. The four and the mates they created became known as the Ancients, the guardians that everything to this day came from, even the wind and stars. After much time watching the people the Ancient Gods desceded from our worlds and into the Heavenly Paradise, home of the Demons.
 At the beginning of the Age of Golden Peace the Gods created a council of twelve who joined the Ancients in the Palace of Light, and guardians were gifted to each God, the Guardian Gods. My soul, created from your innermost needs, will always be yours and I will always be here to guide you. That is what our bond promises, and will hold true.
 But, oh my Goddess, the end of the Golden Peace is nigh. The heavens shattered by a betrayel so deep, your own soul shattered with our Paradise.
Hope remains, however. Few survived the attack, and when we gather we will revive all that was lost...And seek our revenge.
~~~~
Features-----------
Planting System
Marriage
Housing
Guilds
Pets
Trophies
Fishing
More...

CHARACTERS
Spoiler for:

Rei
Rei is the main character and leader of the Ancients, some believe she was the actual Will that began all. She is the arctic wolf of ice and darkness. Her memories and powers as a God have been lost, but when she stumbles onto a Demon Village on a tiny world called Kai she finds a strange elk shaman with a shard of her very soul. Trusting the strange Demon the two set out to find the other pieces, and hopes of finding their memories.

Saturn
Saturn is the main love interest and supporting character. All he remembers is being brought into the tiny Demon Village of Kamakii with nothing to his name but for a small strange glowing crystal shard. After spending years in the village as it's Shaman he notices the crystal glowing brightly as a strange woman enters the village. The mysterious woman is like him, with no memories at all. When he approaches her the crystal absorbs into her spirit as a shard of her soul! Why did he have a piece of her soul, and just what is this strange woman? He decides to follow her in hopes of regaining some of his memories, not knowing he has such a bigger role.

Amy
Rei's best friend and second in command of the Ancients, Amy is the jaguar of water and light. She is a tomboyish bookworm by heart but a gentle soul, but will bring vengeance on anyone who would harm those she loves. Amy is able to keep her memories when she is thrown onto the world of Kai, and a portion of her powers. Once she finds her friends she will destroy the traitor!

Misablonca
A sassy and sexy Ancient, Misablonca is the viper of wind and poison. When she falls to Kai with full memories and powers many look to her with suspicion. Not helping her image she runs into the heroes many times interfering with dungeons. Could she be the companion to the Traitor, the mysterious Unknown?

Hige
Hige is the only male Ancient and the Kodiac of fire and thunder. He is a very gentle and laid back person who would do anything for his mate and friends, until the attack. When his mate is revealed as the traitor he is forced to choose between her and his friends, but when he chooses to fight by his friends his soul is devoured by a mysterious cloaked woman called Unknown. With the help of the hooded fiend his mate is able to get away before the two destroy Paradise by together shattering it's soul.

Xana
The lady of the woods and mate to the Ancient God Hige, Xana was known as a fun and loyal friend. But, when she started acting strangley and demons from the local town began to vanish she was revealed to be a master deciever. Xana had been devouring souls to gain power, souls now erased forever. With the help of an army of Angels she destroys the Castle of Light and allows a follower, the strange Unknown, to devour her own mates soul. Together the two shatter the heavens and send everything therein flying into the abyss.

Unknown
This strange woman helped destroy Paradise and your friend Hige, she swears loyalty to Xana but, does she mean it?

Angel
Your personal Guardian God and a very best friend, Angel is the only Angel known remaining loyal to Rei and all that is good. Once he feels the goddess' soul grow stronger he quickly begins the search for his beloved. He is a marraige option.
Screenies and Videos
Spoiler for:

Quotes
Spoiler for:
My wife is gone, my home is gone, but I do have a beer.~Hige
You little ball of discolored snot!~Misablonca
My goddess, I have failed you. I am but a puppet with broken strings.~Angel
Of all the insufferable women I could have gotten stuck with...~Saturn
I have not forsaken, I have not forgotten, I will avenge you.~Rei
Tell me again, speak into my good ear. I do believe that was a compliment! How fitting!~Misablonca
I love you, you stuck up arrogant rat.~Rei
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 05:56:28 PM by blackthorrn »

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
Images remind me of Limbo of the Lost, but besides that, this seems very original.

I still can't connect the dots between housing, marriage and pets with Vengeful Gods, but that's what makes this the more intriguing. And I'm a sucker for 3D art.

Rep: +0/-0Level 70
RMRK Junior
Here's the first section of the plot script for anyone who's interested.
Spoiler for:
Picture-"Dark Wolf Productions"
Picture-"Forgotten Beginnings"
Music Video with CGI Characters, each character introduced with name
Black screen
Wait

"In the beginning, before time and space when all was nothing, a Will to exist was born.
From the will came four beings..."
CGI Picture of Rei
"Rei, the frozen wolf of the midnight sun. Goddess of the Northern shadows."
CGI Picture of Amy
"Amy, water dolphin of heaven's light. Goddess of the Eastern shore."
CGI Picture of Hige
"Hige, thunderous bear of flaming mountain. God of the Western wood."
CGI Picture of Misablonca
"And Misablonca, poisonous serpent of silver wind. Goddess of the Southern swamp."
CGI of all four together in space
"The four who would become known as the Ancients, Highest Gods of all that is."
CGI Add the mates and guardian gods behind the Ancients
"Their first creations where their mates, soul bound companions for eternity. Second where the
original Guardian Gods, protectors and caretakers of the Divine Ones."
Picture of the land
"Descending from the powers of the Gods, the elements birthed the worlds as they are known.
From the animal forms became the beasts that wondered them. And from the mortal form
came the demons, guardians and protectors of all mortal life to come."
CGI Of Kamakii Demon Village
"The demons lived in small villages strewn throughout the lands. Their ties closest to Rei."
CGI of Chezuki Island
"The humans, who only decended from Amy, became her favored children."
CGI of Katonika Village in the mountains
"The were-creatures were born of unions between mortal and animal, and became Hige's favored Children."
CGI of Salonca Swamp ruins
"And the vampires, children born of shadow and poison, became Misablonca's favored children."

"With their love and powers guiding their children, the Gods descended to the Heavens. The four became the council of twelve, and the heavens became Paradise. For ions an Age of Golden Peace favored the worlds, and all was good."

Rei is standing on the balchony with Angel, her Guardian God.
"My goddess, the council will meet soon. We should prepare." Angel opens the door.
Gather all of the council members, one is missing.
Once 11 members meet the council starts
Artimes, God of Knowledge, leads the meeting.
"Numerous people have begun to turn up missing and we've been asked to begin an investigation."
Murmering breaks out amongst the council.
"Silence please, there's no reason to panic. I'm asking Rei to lead this investigation, if you will."
Rei looks worried. "Who all has gone missing?"
"Numerous villagers and a handful of Angels, and one of our own. The God of Pain is the most recent disappearance."
Rei is shocked. "What?! No...Maybe he went to investigate on his own."
"Perhaps, but we need to look into this immediatly. I'm sending the other Ancients with you."
Amy, Hige, and Misablonca join your party.
Each member of the council has rumors to investigate.
After looking into all the rumors return to the castle.
Everyone goes inside but you remain outside, looking around with a "?"
Suddenly Angel runs out of the castle and blocks you from an arrow.
An army of armored Angels appears and surrounds you and the castle.
Hige and Misablonca run out and look around.
Hige, "Amy was attacked inside and we heard noises out here. What's going on?!"
Xana cuts through the soldiers
Hige, "Xana, my mate? What's going on? Xana?"
Xana's eyes glow with madness.
"I've found a very special power my love! The soul of a person is their very essence, their being. To devour such a thing adds immense power to your own! Their powers, their life, their essence, becomes a part of you!"
Hige looks shocked, "W-what are you saying?!"
"Join me my love, together we can rule the worlds! Think of the power, the unstoppable and endless power! I've tasted it, and you will too!"
Hige draws his sword, "You sick twisted monster!"
He turns to you, "Don't hold back!"
Xana looks disappointed. "How sad, what a weak soul."
Misablonca charges into the line of Angels and disapears, then a group attacks you
You, Angel, and Hige fight a group of Angels
When you defeat the Angels you're attacked by Xana
During the fight she'll say stuff like "I wonder what the soul of an ancient tastes like?"
After winning she collapses to her knees and Hige approaches her
"You might be my soul mate, but you threatened my friends and my people!"
He raises his sword but suddenly a figure appears and liftes him
CGI video of a mysterious cloaked woman holding him up by the throat
          -Suddenly she begins to inhale and his life light fades from him and his soul
        -When she absorbs all of the light his soul and body shatter
You yell with tears in your eyes, "Hige! Hige!!! You -----!"
The cloaked woman smiles, "To be defeated by some Unknown being, I wonder if it's unfulfilling?"
Xana gets up, "Come on, to the Heart of Paradise! Hurry!"
Angel runs after then but is struck down and surrounded by the soldiers.
"Angel, no!" Run at the soldiers and get struck down too.
"Angel..."
Camera goes to Xana and Unknown at the worlds core, looking at it's Soul.
Unknown, "My master, the Soul of Paradise is yours!"
Xana smiles then begins to laugh. "What power!"
CGI of Xana and Unknown as Xana begins to devour the Soul
       -Before she gets halfway through it's light the world shatters and the soul disapears
      -The people and objects get thrown into the blackness, most getting devoured by the new
     black hole that's formed where the soul had been.
      -Unknown grabbs Xana and teleports her to safety elsewhere
     -Rei is falling in nothingness by herself impaled by many spears
     -"Hige....Angel....my friends, I have failed you...." Tears began to trail
     -Rei's soul shatters as she closes her eyes and all becomes black
"..................."
"I remember none of this...."
Screens fades into a forest, Rei is laying in a crator. She sits up and looks around with "?"
She stands up after a moment.
"Where am I? What....who am I?"
???, "You are in the forest nearest to Kamakii village, home of the demons."
You get a "!" then began looking around with "?"
The camera moves up to view a masked man leaning against a tree
A CGI picture of the man in the anubis mask appears and music fades in
The picture is erased after a moment and the man approaches
Masked man, "You are Rei, Ancient God from the beginning Will."
Rei looks confused, "I'm a....God?"
"Perhaps the only one left, do you remember nothing?"
Rei closes her eyes
A picture of Xana and the army
A picture of Unknown killing Hige
A Picture of the World shattering
Rei opens her eyes, "W-what has happened?"
"It should come back over time, until then you should go to the village. Someone there can help you."
Rei takes a step up, "Hey wait!"
The masked man disapears.
"Wait! Who are...you?" Rei faces down again and the map location says "Konoku Forest"
After leaving the dark forest Rei stumbles into a little Mayan/Aztec Village
"Kamakii Village" shows on the map location
Rei walks down a few steps and a CGI scene triggers
-An elk shaman is picking herbs when he hears her approach, he stand and turns to face her
-A shining crystal shard appears from his pocket, "Hm?" He looks at the shard
-Slowly it floats to Rei and her soul absorbs it
Rei looks confused, "What was that? What just happened?"
Shaman, "The shard I found years ago....was a shard of someone's soul?"
Rei, "Shard of my soul?"
Shaman, "Hmmm...."
The shaman approaches you, "You, girl, do you know me?"
Rei looks embarrassed, "Um, I don't think so...Should I?"
The shaman, "I'm not sure, certainly if I had a shard of your soul you must. Who are you?"
"I-I'm not really sure..."
Shaman, "!" and steps back a step, "You have no memory, just like me!"
"Like you? You don't remember anything either?"
"Nothing before coming here some years ago. I was told my name is Saturn by a strange woman, and she guided me here. Since the years of living here I've become the villages Shaman."
"I don't know, I just woke in the forest and a masked man said my name is Rei."
Saturn frowns, "Masked man? Come with me, we need to speak to the village elder."
Walking down into the village triggers a CGI movie
-Demons are working in the village and look up at you curious as you pass, heading to the elders hut
-Saturn stays close to your side as you enter the tent and look up at the elder, a lion demon
The elder looks up as you approach and smiles. "Ah, a visitor."
Saturn, "My leader, this girl woke in the forest with no memories, same as I did. She was led here by a masked man. When she came close to my hut the crystal shard that came to me years ago appeared and became part of her broken soul."
The elder thinks for a moment. "You two must have been very close then, and she must have trusted you dearly. Her soul must have broken and the pieces scattered to important people and places that meant very much to her. People and places already a part of her soul."
Rei, "I don't understand..."
Elder, "Your soul shards went to the people and places that they loved the most, attempting to become whole again they were attracted to places they felt strongest. So a piece found it's way to Saturn, attracted to it's affection for him."
Saturn, "Then perhaps this will help her regain some memories? And perhaps some of mine as well..."
Elder, "Perhaps! As long as you two stay together perhaps you will both find the answers you seek."
Screen fades and fades in inside of Saturn's hut
"You are welcome to stay here as long as you like."
Rei blushes "Um, there's only one bed."
Saturn, "Erm...." Blushes, "I can sleep on the floor..."
"It's ok, it's big enough I think!"
The two go to sleep
In the middle of the night Rei wakes up and begins to pace
"Something....I remember....something...."
You're in a bar next to Hige, there's dancers and singers attracting attention in the corner
Everything is black and white
Hige is drunk and drinking more ale as you rub his back
"Cheer up, Xana didn't mean it. She only kicked you out for the night."
Hige looks hopeful, "My wife's gone, my home's gone, but I have a beer. Life is good!"
Rei gets a sweatdrop, "Erm, that's the spirit!"
Xana comes into the bar
"Come on you drunken lump, let's go home."
Hige looks more drunk then before, "Herm......Xannaaaa?"
"Look, I'm sorry for yelling at you. Now let's go home, I don't like to fight."
Hige gets up and hobbles over to his wife, she turns to you
"Thanks for taking care of him, you're the best friend a girl could have!" She winks
You fade back to Saturn's hut and shake your head.
"Xana.....Xana. She was his mate....She was his mate!" You yell angrily
Saturn falls out of the bed, "Hm!?"
Rei turns to Saturn, "She was his mate and my friend! She betrayed us for power!"
Saturn, "?"
Rei, "Her name is Xana, she's the girl that I think did this to us. She watched as her servant devoured her own mates soul for power, and I think she destroyed the world we lived on. She killed my friend and destroyed my home!"
Saturn gets up, "Xana....Hige...?" He thinks for a moment
It starts to get light outside and Saturn goes to the door.
"Come on, the sun's coming up."
Rei, "?"
Saturn turns to you, "Come on! We have to figure out what's going on. We have to find your memories....and mine. Something you said seemed so....familiar. I'm going with you, we need to find more pieces of your soul. Maybe with them will come more memories, and being with you may bring back mine."
The two of you head out into the village

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Don't wanna read the script. But I'll wait for that mapper to get his tail on your team.

Rep:
Level 81
it's time to poke
Yyyyeah... that script thing is a real brick. Also the dialogue's pretty hokey/cheesy to me. Maybe it'll be good when the show finally gets on the road, but nothing takes me out of a game faster than a flashy, poorly-written introductory sequence.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
I think you'd do well using the larger body templates for dialogue rather than the small boxes with their faces. But that's only if you aren't using their full bodies in specific scenes in the game. If they don't get full (or semi) body shots anywhere else, the text box would be a good place for them.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
I think the story has potential. I can see in some of the writing that you'r etrying to portray these gods as the emotional beings they are- but I also think that walking the line between deity-like fits of emotion and being silly is gonna be tough- especially when it comes to voice acting!

Good luck, it looks like an ambitious project with potential.
:tinysmile: