RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Mapper needing work

Rep:
Level 83
Apprentice Mapper
Hello everyone! Im here ot offer my skills in mapping, just pm me, i have worked with all the RM makers, i have worked with eclipse, genesis 2D, and gamemaker (im pretty good at GML as well.),
I have alot of experience working with all of these programs, and would like to offer almost any one help! Just comment me here in this format and ill pm you when i can.

game name
what you need(How many maps)
game type( fantasy, sci-fi, etx.)
maker(what game maker)
tile-sets(leave blank if you use the stock tile-sets.)

http://www.mediafire.com/?95hffhvfd84ffid
htats the download link for my example, its a small example, but if you want more ill give you more. also if you want a map just say something tell me how big you want it, and waht kinda and ill post an un-encrypted game up and you can extract it from there.

This was a ma[ i did for myself.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/155/cavemapi.png/
also the forum i posted it in.....
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,7581.msg123217.html#msg123217 for comments bout it.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 09:31:49 AM by markchapman »
Im a RPG Maker Vetren, ive used 2K, 2K3, RMXP, and RMVX, I have my likes and dislikes with them all.

Rep:
Level 83
Apprentice Mapper
Im a RPG Maker Vetren, ive used 2K, 2K3, RMXP, and RMVX, I have my likes and dislikes with them all.

Rep:
Level 84
How about some pictures of your work? I'm not gonna download something to look at your examples.

Rep:
Level 83
Apprentice Mapper
wel then...... later ill be glad to, atm im looking stuff up and working on a project.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 09:37:25 AM by markchapman »

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I've downloaded it, your outside maps have a few errors, and your inside maps look nice, you might want to include a few more examples too

Rep:
Level 83
Apprentice Mapper
that was just a few, what errors did i have? if its the one on hte pic its supposed ot be a little cramped for hte game.

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
mainly the whole use of a docks tileset as a walkway, sets up a problem when you try to use corners, also the water tile and the sand do not match, look ugly, and dotn really go together, you used shadowed sand to make it look wet? (i guess) another no no, your almost better off using the beach autotiles (the 4 of them) and working with those to make the water and sand look less odd.
I didnt notice there was a forest map until now >.< oops, lookign at it, it seems less foresty and more plainslike, not enough trees, plants etc, you also made a few mistakes with the tall grass tile, theres some trees that look odd due to their placement, and your tall grass patches are boring and unintresting to look at (also i noticed you used the mushrooms under some trees, while nice to look at, it makes one part of the trunk passable and allows the player to walk right through it, might want to add a second mushroom to your tileset and make it non passable for specific use in locations like that

as for the map follwoing the forest map, you used the tree autotile but didnt put any thing supporting it, makes it look wierd, also why is there a log to nowhere just hangin on the edge of a lake, physics would say that the log would just fall in(also the same problem with mushrooms)

i found hte cave, in the future might i suggest makign entrances and exits of maps much more obvious, so the player doesnt have to fumble around lookign for where to go, perhaps some arrow charsets, or a sign or something.
anywho, the caves dont look that bad, you kept everythign nice and compact, which is good, however the lamp on the floor needs to be made passable so that it looks a bit better when the player is near it, also the wall setup once you enter the cave loosk a bit wierd, kinda the aprt thats like ()()(_)

the second cave doesnt look bad, but everythign seems sort of palced there, almsot liek it doesnt belong there? you might need to add some varying heights inside the caves, or add stalgmites etc, just things to break up the map and draw the eye for a bit.

i think thats all of them >.< if you ever need help or want tips or something you can always drop me a pm and ill do my best to help, mapping is imo one of my fortes.

Rep:
Level 83
Apprentice Mapper
   I love mapping as well. an, the town was a throw together, an the caves have a light thing to show the entrance..