RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA] Fix Picture to Map

Rep:
Level 57
RMRK Junior
I tried this script with updated Rpg maker Vx ace and it doesn't fix the picture.

Did i do something wrong ?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 07:34:37 PM by Chaos17 »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Err, I can't tell without seeing your configuration of the script. Did you set the SWITCH_ID value to 90?

Rep:
Level 57
RMRK Junior
Yes.

Here the configuration :
SWITCH_ID = 90
COORDINATES_SWITCH_ID = 89
Z_VARIABLE_ID = 93

I tried to put the suffix [FIXED] in case the picture will automaticly fix itself without the switch but it didn't work. I tried too to keep the suffix [FIXED] and the switch but it didn't worked.

EDIT : I am going to check all my scripts and see if there aren't any scripts who are using the same switch.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 08:50:46 AM by Chaos17 »

Rep:
Level 57
RMRK Junior
Just making a double post to say, I've found where the bug was from :
I've found where my problem was from, it was because of the first script of this link : http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,45300.0.html

A picture bug fix script.

Rep:
Level 69
I found a bug. If you try and have the looping pictures fixed (such as part of bg animations) it doesn't display the pictures at all.

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for April 2010
Really? That works fine to me :O
How did you event it?

I found that if a battle transition happens, the pictures jerk in the middle for a bit and then battle (but resume to correct positions like nothing happened).

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Oops, guess I missed that, or maybe I just forgot, as Zylos also directed me to it. I have updated the script to fix that error. Thank you!

Rep:
Level 69
I found a bug and was asked to report it here as it seems to be caused by this script.

I noticed a weird behavior in ACE. If I have a picture that has been tinted to match the screen tone acting as an overlay, if I turn it transparent with a move picture command it becomes regular tone during the time it turns transparent.

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for April 2010
There is a bug when you shake the screen and happen to use pictures, it won't shake with the screen. Here's a quick fix for it by kread. (I hope you don't mind me hijacking modern algebra D; )

Code: [Select]
class Spriteset_Map
  alias_method(:krx_mashake_sp_uv, :update_viewports)
  def update_viewports
    krx_mashake_sp_uv
    @viewport2.ox = $game_map.screen.shake
  end
end

Rep:
Level 97
Not at all. Thanks for reporting it.

The fix seems like it would work. Notably, it will also shake the timer and the weather when you shake the screen now. That's not necessarily a problem though; it might even be a neat effect.

Rep:
Level 69
There is a bug when you shake the screen and happen to use pictures, it won't shake with the screen. Here's a quick fix for it by kread. (I hope you don't mind me hijacking modern algebra D; )

Code: [Select]
class Spriteset_Map
  alias_method(:krx_mashake_sp_uv, :update_viewports)
  def update_viewports
    krx_mashake_sp_uv
    @viewport2.ox = $game_map.screen.shake
  end
end

How to apply it?

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Just place it in a new scropt slot.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 97
Yes, Lord Stark is correct.

Rep: +0/-0Level 26
RMRK Junior
I know, this is old, but what do you reccommend for the script order, modern algebra?
Like you did with your animated parallax script. (That it should be placed below all custom scripts)

I'm just asking, because it does not, what it is supposed to, but it worked in the past. And now I hope, that it can be solved with just changing the script order.