RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The Economist [VX Request]

Rep:
Level 63
RMRK Junior
The Economist
1/6/2012

Summary
The Economist takes the Variable counting, and Eventing nightmare that is Trading Commodities, Crime and Punishment, While tying in Bank [VX] [grafikal], Owning a House, with an Evented Day - Age System [Wich is the Linked System where 12 hrs = 1 Day, 30 Days = 1 Mo., 12 Mo = 1 Yr, 12 Yrs = 1 Cycle [Like the Chinese Yearly Cycles [12 Animal Zodiac Calander], 12 Cycles = 1 Age. 1 Age = Game over [cause if you can't beat the game in 144 yrs then there it's time to call it quits lol.]

But with all those Evented Systems it's Lagging the Game, and keeping track of the Variables, Switches, and Parrellel Processes in One City alone is a Nightmare. And I haven't added the Commodities and Crime and Punishment yet Wich is going to be horrendous. [Especially since I can't find Shopaholic for the Commodities Event].

Thus comes in The Economist. This takes all the parts of an Economy covered in those Scripts and handles them making the Game have a Working Economy. With Hire / Unempolyment, Crime / Security [Security Rating High, No Crime. Security Rating Low, Random Crime Chance [Lower Rating = Higher Crime], With the Ability to Buy / Donate to an area to boost Security Rating, or Buy Employers boosting Business Rating.

It also would have a Working Bank [like the linked one], and Business / Real Estate Buying Place [ This would like the Above Build Home Event. Would allow the Buying of Rank 1 -5 Houses [Small, Medium, Large, Lot, Castle], or Business [Mom and Pop / Dealers [Crime], Chain/Pusher [Crime], Big Business/Organised Crime, Corporation/ Small Crime Family, Conglomerate/Syndicate [Crime]]. When Buying a Business you get a Small Interest back depending what it sales.

I like Expanded Shopping's idea of Having more or Less depending on what it has / is bought / is regained during transports. But I'd like to be able to Input Items from a Screen, and take an Income / Outcome thing to Hire NPC Employees. And the more Employees it has and the greater the Business the Greater the Map / City Economy can become.

With the Economy You have a chance to get Arrested for Crimes, go into Debt for not paying Loans [ Crime and Punishment + Banking], Get arrested for Trespassing / Crime [ Unless you "Own It"]. Crime or Illegal Acts / Businesses also can directly effect economy for the best or worst [depending on Crime Activity [Drugs, Weapons, Theft, Assassinations, Slavery, and Racketeering] can Boost Economy while lowering Security, or Lower Economy].

This Global Economy System would take out that nightmare of Variables and Switches. And Replace it with ID's and a Script that keeps tracks all of that stuff. Thus allowing Any game that has a character with a Crafting System, Job System, Missions, or anything that has Strong Character Interactivity, to Have a balanced system of Checks and Balances without Processes getting crossed. Or the Mountain of Interacting Variables Slowing the Game to a crawl. Or have random Interest Switch conflicts that Give way to much or way to less.

Giving a Deed with a Name Input for the Business / House you Buy. It also allows the buying of Property of others with a fixed Interest Rate till Upgrade.   

Features Desired
  • Bank/Loan + Interest. With a Business and House buying System.
  • Set Shop Item with Taxes.
  • Shops controlled by Employer Rating, and Influx.
  • Influx is controlled by Security of an area, Taxes, and Items bought / Sold by Player.
  • Map + Global Economy Tag. Map Economy controlled by Combined Economy Calls average. Global is average of Map Economies.
  • Buy Employees or Slaves. With chance of Hire/Fire/Quit based on Economy and Affinity points.
  • Affinity points gained by Reputation [Deeds Owned+Rank of Business/House+Money owned+Econ. Modifier/100]/NPC Mod [10 - 100]
  • Fable 2 Like Economy Buy Stuff.
  • Can Hire Mercenaries, Or Players to follow you.
  • Have a Monthly Withdraw, and Income System for Jobs and People you Hire. From a Bank Amount.
  • YEM Compatible

Mockups

[Fable 2 Property]

Not a Mock up Persay, but General Layout described in Introduction.
For Real Estate.

As well as: 

Fable 3 Direct View System., and Real Estate Run Through.

2:47 In the Video 3:20 length total. Shows basically what I'm aiming for without all the Bells and Whistles. Where it shows Building Rank [1 - 5], Town Economy, Decor / Upgrades, Selling Fees, Another Part of the Menu showing Final Price, and How much you gain for Rent.  Where Business would be Set up more along the lines of the Introduction Section of the Real Estate Guide.

Games its been in
  • Fable 2 and 3
  • Anygame that allows a character to Buy and Sell stuff in a Supply and Demand Setting
  • Morrowind / Elder Scrolls has a Good-ish Crime and Punishment System. Been in tons of Games.
  • All of those Evented Systems I put above. And Maybe tie in a little Expanded Shopping into it?

Did you search?
<<simple, replace this with yes or no>>

Where did you search?
  • Google
  • Here
  • rpgmakervx.net

What did you search for?
  • Bank Script [none as good as that evented one linked above]
  • I have tons of Businesses Evented Through rpgmakervx.net Tutorials.
  • Alignment System [good, but not really YEM Compatible from the ones I've tried. So I'm using an Evented one.]
  • Shop and Wherehouse Systems [There are a few good ones out. Just not what I need exactly. and Shopaholic is Dead in all the
    links I've tried.]
  • Property Script [nothing as good as the house making Event Linked above. For what I want.]