RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Custom save screen

Rep: +0/-0Level 63
Rich... he come to town.
Okay, so there are dozens of save file mods that show the map name. But they also show a lot of other crap and I'm having a hard time stripping down these huge scripts to these few simple features.

The default save screen shows actors, play time, and a timestamp. I want to add the name of the map the player saved in right above those. Also the name and level of each actor under the icons. Finally I have nine icons that depict story progress--you collect nine amulets--so I want to list them on top of the save window and be able to change their position and filename depending on switches.

I downloaded the Chaos Project Save Layout (link below) and took away everything but the text and icon features, and now I'm trying to find a way to set the text string to the map name. Lots of places online say you can use $game_map.name, and one particular script used $game_map.map_name, but neither of these work for me--there is no such thing as .name or .map_name in the game_map class. Is there a way that I can fix that, or is there another way I can get around this?

A script that does what I want would be appreciated as well...  :V

Chaos Project Save Layout
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=796.0
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 12:30:19 AM by modern algebra »

Rep: +0/-0Level 63
Rich... he come to town.
Sir Bumpenstein :blizj:

Does anyone a script that shows the map name anywhere? Menu, hud, etc? There's got to be some way to retrieve the name of the map the player's in. I could make a string game_party.location and add a script to every door in the game to set the name manually (right?) but that shouldn't be necessary, I hope. I think the rest of the save screen I could piece together myself but this has me stumped.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 09:50:37 PM by StaticSD »