RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Ability and Boss encounter mechanics

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
my favorite thing about the games I create are the interesting, unique skills/abilities I can create for my characters or bosses.

I need some more ideas that may help to make my boss encounters more interesting, does anyone have any ideas?

Currently, I have:

Damage Race: The boss gains a +damage buff every few turns and eventually overwhelms you if you don't burn it down quickly enough.

Protection: The boss immediately, and every few turns throughout the fight, raises a shield that grants immunity to all incoming damage, and only a certain skill will break it.

Does anyone have any other ideas they'd like to throw out there?

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
Pretty basic, but you could use Elemental weaknesses and resistances, if not already.