RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Mapping problems in VX

Rep: +0/-0Level 66
RMRK Junior
I'm fairly new to RMVX, and I've been having a problem trying to map certain things. The main problem I've had is the issue of conveying height in a map. To show you what I mean:

Take this simplified map. It's fairly clear that the ground at the top is two levels higher than that at the bottom of the stairs. However, if I wanted to be able to walk down the side of this:

Apologies for the drawings over the top but I couldn't think of a better way to explain what I mean. How can I make the ground above differentiate from that below? I've tried using the shadow tool - it looks slightly better, but there's still the issue of being able to walk between the top and bottom levels.

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for April 2010
Try filling it in with the cliff tiles first? :D

Rep:
Level 84
Add shadows along the right side and events on the cliff that won't let you pass.

Rep:
Level 75
This is a script i found it is slightly complicated but the page in the link should explain, it allows you to walk on roof tiles but not walk off except when walking onto specified stair tiles so use this script and replace you top from with one of the roof tiles

Link:   http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=35549

I hope this helpsa= and if you use the standard tiles it should be plug and play
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 10:54:28 PM by CodeMaster »

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:
John 3:16: For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life

Rep:
Level 84
That is one of my favorite scripts to use. Makes VX a load better. I'm hoping somebody is going to make it compatible with VXA!