RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
What makes a professional title screen?

Rep:
Level 71
Does any one know what makes a professional title screen? One example would be something like the title screen from the Valkyrie Stories. I have GIMP right now and I'm trying to make one.

Rep:
Level 63
De Faalboot - The Failboat
A good title screen is original and fits with the game (title) i guess... Just make sure it looks good!
~~De Faalboot

Biggest of them all

~Silmar's Shadow~
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,44500.0.html

Rep:
Level 71
I understand that, what I mean is how to make it look professional. You know with all the cool effects.

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
"Professional" is a broad term. A better idea would be to find a style that works for you and run with it.

For me, I have an odd love of title screens that appear to take place in the world itself. Observe the title screen for my off-and-on project:

For all intents and purposes, it's just another map. The girl sitting on the bench enforces this. (There are also butterflies and squirrels and birds floating about, but it's hard to capture that using Print Screen.) It's my style, though, so that's how I do things.

Experiment a little and you'll find your on way or something.
Eddard Stark art by Teiiku

Rep:
Level 71
Wow that looks great, may be a map with fog or something would look nice. In fact I may give that a try.

Rep:
Level 73
I see youuu.
Would it be possible to have it panning over an active map? That would be awesome.. for a title screen, and in cut scenes!

Rep:
Level 71
Actually I`ve seen atleast two of them.