RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Steam Stuff

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Is Alice any good?

It starts out good, until you get about 3 hours in, and realize that there is not variety to the gameplay.

Rep:
Level 84
Is it worth $8?

EDIT: Nope, never mind, I'm too late anyway.

Rep:
Level 74
(Clever Pun Here)
Can anyone help me out? Alot of the games I got are having issues. Fable TLC isn't working (Run Time error), Rome: Total war Gold Editoin says "Can't find steam." If anyone can help me with my dilemma, it would be highly appreciated.
Not sure if it matters, but it says C++ with the runtime error

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
This isn't a technical support board. Go to the steam forums.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Can anyone help me out? Alot of the games I got are having issues. Fable TLC isn't working (Run Time error), Rome: Total war Gold Editoin says "Can't find steam." If anyone can help me with my dilemma, it would be highly appreciated.
Not sure if it matters, but it says C++ with the runtime error

Did you install the runtimes/redistributables when you installed the game?

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
How is Rock of Ages? I heard it's like a tower defense + Super Monkey Ball. Probably going to pick up Bulletstorm and Painkiller Black Edition.

And what's up with Bastion being discounted by 66% but being $5.09 (a publisher thing?)? The $0.09 isn't the issue, I'm just curious.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Rock of Ages is fine, but it could have been executed better. It's worth checking out for the price, but only if you can find somebody to play with.

The aim of the game is to break into the keep at the end of your enemy's path. The kind of lame thing is that it always takes three strikes. It might take more if you're especially terrible, but it'll never be less. So basically you'll always want to launch your ball as soon as possible rather than spend some more time building your defenses, because that's never a better use of your time. It's very fast paced but not very strategical as a result. The ball rolling is pretty simple and easy too, not nearly as challenging as a game like Super Monkey Ball.

Bulletstorm is pretty fun. I finished the campaign, at least. The final boss is a QTE though, which is really stupid.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Actually since we played they seem to have changed ball damage mechanics a bit. It's entirely possible to end a match in three strikes still but if you're going for keys/money you'll be looking at 4-5. Towers are still kinda redundant though.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
So is there any real pro to buying Serious Sam HD: Gold over Serious Sam HD: Double Pack? I mean, if the HD games are just remakes then am I losing anything, like mods, by just buying the Double Pack?

edit: www.getgamesgo.com/product/serious-sam-3-bfe Serious Sam 3 for $11.99, activates on Steam. apparently the place has problems with paying directly with a card, but paypal works fine.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 07:09:31 PM by Harry Burns »

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Keys are sold out.

Rep:
Level 94
Here's what I have, if anyone is interested in trades or gifts:

~Games~
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter
Portal
The Orange Box

~Coupons~
50% off Dino D-Day
50% off Back to the Future
50% off Psychonauts

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
If anyone's willing to trade me the Sanctum Collection for 9 coal and few of my assorted coupons, I'm here, too !_!
Spoiler for Coupons:
- 50% Brink
- 25% Valve
- 33% Valve Complete Pack
- 50% Avadon: The Black Fortress
- 50% Gemini Rue
- 50% Garshasp: The Monster Slayer
- 50% Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People: Season 1
- 50% Valve
- 50% Super Meat Boy
- 50% HOARD x2
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 05:47:22 AM by Master Moo »

Rep:
Level 94
I'll trade you Sanctum Collection for that Strong Bad coupon and some coal.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Deal! How much coal?

Rep:
Level 94
Whatever you can spare, I don't care.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Hey Moo we should play co-op sometime. It's a real blast!

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Is Alice any good?

It starts out good, until you get about 3 hours in, and realize that there is not variety to the gameplay.

Yeah, the gameplay doesn't vary itself up a lot, that's indeed true.  I enjoy the game mostly for the twisted characters and monsters, and at least the samey gameplay is designed well enough. 

Then again, I also adored American McGee's Alice, so I suppose I'm biased.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
What Fallout: New Vegas DLC is worth it? I heard one was bad but I can't remember which. And does Civ V GOTY include all of the DLC?

also I recommend Command & Conquer 3. I had a lot of fun with that game, even if one of the best strategies is turtle tanks and assault with a shit ton of orca.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 06:10:35 PM by Harry Burns »

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
For last day sales, I bought HOARD, Bioshock 1 and 2, and the Counterstrike collection .-.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Nothing really interests me today. Aaahh, SpaceChem is really good. SPAZ is good too.

Tomorrow's likely a recap. If Portal 2 goes up I'll probably buy it...I regret not getting X3 War Pack when it was a daily, because I saw some in-game footage the day after and it looked real groovy. I'll probably pick it up tomorrow too.

bought and fired up Sandbox Universe, fucking thing crashes to desktop twice on startup, and then when I finally get it to run it doesn't even render shit, and now I can't even get it to load. nothankyou.jpg Shame because I really really want to play it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 10:16:26 PM by Harry Burns »

Rep:
Level 84
I'm in need of one more piece of coal to craft a gift. I'm willing to trade a 25% or 33% off Valve for it? Anybody?

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
There are no more gifts other than valve coupons.
Don't bother.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Nothing really interests me today. Aaahh, SpaceChem is really good. SPAZ is good too.

Tomorrow's likely a recap. If Portal 2 goes up I'll probably buy it...I regret not getting X3 War Pack when it was a daily, because I saw some in-game footage the day after and it looked real groovy. I'll probably pick it up tomorrow too.

bought and fired up Sandbox Universe, fucking thing crashes to desktop twice on startup, and then when I finally get it to run it doesn't even render shit, and now I can't even get it to load. nothankyou.jpg Shame because I really really want to play it.
Is the X series really that good? Because I traded away my DotA2 for the X Superbox because it's worth significantly more than DotA2 is now, and I'm wondering if I should unpack it or trade it in the future.

And I want to buy LA Noire, AC1, AC2, and AC:Brotherhood for $35, but I don't want to ask my parents if I could spend another $40 on games... Granted, it's my money, but still.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I've never played an X game before, but I really dig space games and want to get a sim. X3 looks a bit like Descent and (offline) Eve from what I saw, which is pretty swell in my book.

I probably won't buy X3 now because I picked up two copies of Civ V Goty. (Played like 12 hours almost straight since yesterday; this game is bad news for me.) Though I still have $2.11 balance on Steam, and I'm leaning strongly toward Portal 2 for my last purchase. Also do you know how much X3 War Pack is worth in coal/games/coupons, or a place I can find out at?

but I don't want to ask my parents if I could spend another $40 on games... Granted, it's my money, but still.
I thought I was alone. Tears of sympathy, my friend.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Mmmm... well for games, people tend to do a "this game is worth its price so the sum of your offered games' prices must equal this one" unless someone's specifically looking for something so it'll vary.

A lot of people don't like coupons. They're mostly things tacked on to make offers look nicer unless you have a Bethesda/Skyrim/Ubisoft coupon or stuff like that.

As for coal... Coal has been highly inflated as far as I remember. Coal quickly became $0.50 each, and it eventually inflated further to whatever it is now especially since you can't really craft it for anything worthwhile. But it's, at the best, $0.50 each, so you'd need a fair amount of coal.

EDIT: I swear to God... these past 6 months quickly inflated the net worth of my Steam account.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 05:58:44 AM by Master Moo »