RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Hiring for Asylum

Rep: +0/-0Level 66
RMRK Junior

Hey there guys, my name is TTrain. I am currently in the process of trying to form a team for my new game called "Asylum". Currently I am looking for a spriter or two, an artist who can make simple things like title screens,logos,etc... and anyone who is good at mapping and doing events. Now Just, because the position is not up here doesn't mean You can't post it, I might need people to fill other jobs along the way, so don't be afraid to say something like "I can help you with music or scripting", because more then likely I will be looking for these
areas later as the game progresses and ideas start to accumulate.

Story
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Once upon a time their was a rich and powerful family known as the Ashfords. After 2 years of trying to have a son, they found a doctor who could give them what they wanted. After the doctor had given the mother a special drug of his, she got pregnant and had a son, they named him Nikolai Ashford, but many people called him Nicky. The doctor had a condition; however for his services. That he would be the child's only doctor/physician and to be able to see the "effects" of his drug on the baby, but what they weren't told was that drug gave the baby special abilities, along with an ingenious mind, but the doctor didn't tell them, because he wished to keep this child for himself. 10 years passed and on Nicky's 10 birthday, the doctor, his parents, and hundreds of family friends attended the child's birthday. As the guest were getting comfortable, a fire started in the house, luckily most people escaped , but both the doctor and Nicky's parents were killed. He soon broke down and became deranged and was sent to Faux Asylum, but soon escaped. 7 years later the mad,serial killer Nicky, now known as "two faced Ashford" was captured and sent back to Faux Asylum, the dead doc's former research lab. Now Ashford is trying to find out what happened to his parents, while discovering the research, that gave him life.

World
Spoiler for Spoiler:
-To be added later -

Characters
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Nikolai - Nikolai Ashford was not born by normal circumstances, his parents, who were having troubles having a son, went to a doctor who gave them a special drug, he had developed and obviously it worked. As Nikolai was growing his parents started to notice that their son was a genius and was treated as such. One night;however during little Nicky's birthday a fire broke out and killed his parents. This caused him to get to the edge of insanity and was eventually pushed of the edge. Nikolai accidentally killed, one of the women looking after him, in his blind fury. After this he sent off to an institution to seek treatment, but with his superior mind, he soon escaped. as the years passed by Nikolai's insanity kept growing along with his blood lust. He eventually became known as "two faced Ashford", but very few actually knew why. One day; however Nikolai screwed up his escape and was caught. He was then sent back to Faux Asylum, upon his own request. Know that Nikolai has returned, he plans on answering a few question he has wondered about for some many years.

Screenshots
Spoiler for Spoiler:
- To be added later -

I am really appreciated to all of those who decide to help me and can't wait to work with you.

Spriter
Spoiler for:
-
-
-
-
-
Mapper/eventer
Spoiler for:
railfan101
joman195

-
-
-
Artist
Spoiler for:
-
-
-
-
-
Musicians
Spoiler for:
SloaTheDemon
-
-
-
-
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 09:45:50 PM by TTrain427 »

Rep: +0/-0Level 66
RMRK Junior
I have decided that the character I have made already is probably to small. So, this game will now be using the Mack style sprites for all adult characters. Here is the new sprite for Nikolai: