RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA] ATS Series

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
haha, I have been seriously delinquent. The next couple weeks will be hectic, but if I'm not done it by the end of the month then I give you permission to slaughter my family.

Just to be clear though, that would still be against the law and you would go to prison. Just ... with my blessing.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I appreciate it.  :)
And I don't murder families. That's Anski's M.O.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
if I'm not done it by the end of the month then I give you permission to slaughter my family.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
lo0kihg forwar to this
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well, that came fast. I think I have to withdraw my permission. I had originally planned to make the entire face controlled through a window, rather than a window and a sprite as it was in VX, but that turned out only to simplify some things and complicate others in rather nasty ways. As such, I had to revamp and it's going to take a little while longer.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
That's alright, take your time. Just, y'know, before the end of the year would be nice. :P

pokeball YinOfflineFemale
Rep:
Level 86
Is there a specific set up for the face images? If so, let me know. I'd like to have it ready so that by the time it comes out, I can just change the codes of my messages (if any needs to be changed)

Rep:
Level 97
See for yourself.

I am so sorry that it took so long! It still hasn't been completely tested, so I am counting on you all to report any bugs that you find.

I am planning to update a few of the scripts soon (nothing big, but an efficiency fix for the paragraph formatter, speech icons for Message Options, removing scroll arrows if not using scroll review in Message Options, etc.). Aside from that, I don't have any further plans for ATS-related scripts.

If anyone has any ideas for message features, I'm all ears (which leaves no room for action). Well, at least, action has proven elusive, but I will try to work up the energy if there are any good ideas.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 12:28:35 AM by modern algebra »

pokeball YinOfflineFemale
Rep:
Level 86
I have an idea, but it might be complicated. It's essentially what I was trying to do with your hover alerts. Parallel messages, so you can have other NPCs talking to each other while you are walking around and it will pop up over the talking NPC and close on it's own. (This was a feature in derula's RMXP hermes)

But it's just a suggestion. If you or anyone finds themselves working on something like this, please let me know :) meow that face options is done, it's the ONLY thing that I'm missing from my XP to Ace conversion. :P

Also looking forward to the updates!

Thank you for this series of scripts.

Another idea: Ability to use an image for regular messages too (And not just dim).
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 04:34:00 AM by Yin »

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
I have a suggestion -if you're up for it! I don't know about the feasibility of it. But what about extending your system to other windows? For example it would be great to be able to have longer Item descriptions and skill descriptions making use of the scrolling features to display longer descriptions with all of the features you have added such as icons and such. Don't know if this is still being actively developed but I thought I'd throw it out there just in case. I also like the idea above about being able to kind of have a "Parallel Message" running on the map as posted above.

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
Yaay, back from a long time gone....

I've recently started a new project, again. And I went looking for your ATS-scripts as usual, since I just love them.
I have all of them implemented, in the order you put in this topic, all above anything else, just like ever.

Though, I seem to bump into a tiny, whiny, ini, mini error every time I try to use Ace's scrolltext option......
I didn't even use anything besides the default enabled option in this piece of scrolltext.

Code: [Select]
Script "MA's ATS Format" line 691: NoMethodError occured.

undefined method 'maatsfo_line_width' for
#<Window_ScrollText:0x861cf08>

I just don't know how to solve it (besides perhaps getting rid of the ATS :( )...

As blonde as can be!!!
Doesn't mean I'm the dumb one...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior

Is that the code or the error message? In my copy of the script line 691 is just the END component for the Total Line Width. Is it the same in yours?

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
Soul Owner
Hello!

Give me a hand here if you can. I'm having a little problem with the Formatting script of the ATS Series. It's nothing big but it's rather annoying.

Check this screenshot, please don't mind the Spanish nonsense.

LINK!

Note that paragraph_format is active and working, however it still leaves "empty spaces". Not completely "filling" the message window.

Interesting enough, if you speak with the same NPC and display the same text again... it does fix the issue.

LINK!!

See? More aesthetic! And not just that, but it takes less space/lines to show the same message.

The thing is that it reverses to the first, non-aesthetic, formatting from the first screenshot every time you open the game. I want to know if there's a way to fix this.

I tested this with a new, clean project.

Thanks!

Rep:
Level 65
MA!!! I'm running in to this weird problem where appended text scrolls my character faces, any idea?

Edit: found out the text scrolling function also scrolls the faces. I thinkthat should be fixed.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 07:52:44 PM by oriceles »

Rep: +0/-0Level 32
RMRK Junior
Yaay, back from a long time gone....

I've recently started a new project, again. And I went looking for your ATS-scripts as usual, since I just love them.
I have all of them implemented, in the order you put in this topic, all above anything else, just like ever.

Though, I seem to bump into a tiny, whiny, ini, mini error every time I try to use Ace's scrolltext option......
I didn't even use anything besides the default enabled option in this piece of scrolltext.

I just don't know how to solve it (besides perhaps getting rid of the ATS :( )...

I'm actually getting this error too, but I don't think it has anything to do with ACE as I don't have it installed. Just ATS. Every time I try to put in a scrolling text effect, I'm getting this error. Not sure why.

RMRK Junior

Is that the code or the error message? In my copy of the script line 691 is just the END component for the Total Line Width. Is it the same in yours?

The problem happens on line 691 of ATS Formatting, not ATS Message Options.

Rep:
Level 97
MA!!! I'm running in to this weird problem where appended text scrolls my character faces, any idea?

Edit: found out the text scrolling function also scrolls the faces. I think that should be fixed.

Hi oriceles. You can use the Face Options script.

@hiro - That does appear to be an error. I updated the Formatting script to version 1.1.4. Please try replacing your version with that one and let me know if it works.

RMRK Junior
@hiro - That does appear to be an error. I updated the Formatting script to version 1.1.4. Please try replacing your version with that one and let me know if it works.

Sorry it took me so long to reply. I assumed the worst, that I'd never hear back. Thanks so much for the fix.

Unfortunately, it didn't work.  :( With the new Formatting script installed, I now get the following message when I attempt to display scrolling text:

Script 'ATS Formatting' line 692: NameError occurred.

undefined local variable or method `new_line_x' for
#<Window_ScrollText:0x96142a8>

I've tried changing the order the scripts load, but it doesn't seem to change the outcome.

Rep:
Level 97
Sorry about that. I updated the script again. Let me know if it works.

RMRK Junior
Sorry about that. I updated the script again. Let me know if it works.

That looks like it fixed it! Thanks so much, modern algebra. You're amazing! :D

Rep:
Level 31
RPG Maker Resource (what?)
Hello there, Modern Algebra. I just registered to pop in and report an obscure bug I found regarding the simultaneous usage of your ATS: Message Options and ATS: Choice Options scripts. But before that...

I want to sincerely thank you for creating the ATS series of scripts. I quite simply cannot imagine making any RPG Maker VX Ace game without them, anymore. The batch of them is just too good to ignore. :)

Now, I did mention a bug report... So, here it is:

Scripts Involved
ATS: Message Options [VXA]
Version: 1.0.7

and

ATS: Choice Options [VXA]
Version: 1.0.0

Preface
I tested this in a clean environment (completely new project) with no other scripts or custom resources but these two. The problem persisted. Thus, I can only imagine that this is a genuine bug.

Bug Description
If you use a custom Windowskin via the option in ATS: Message Options, the Help window from ATS: Choice Options is emptied of text.

You can see what I mean in the attachments of this post.

For the clean environment in which I took the attached screenshots, I took /Graphics/System/Window.png from the RGSS3 RTP, renamed it "Window - Message" (w/o quotes), and moved it to the same folder in the clean environment. ATS:MO is set to use "Window - Message" as the Message Windowskin.

I don't know if this will help, but... I noticed that, if the custom Message Windowskin is named as the default Windowskin (i.e. "Window"), then this problem does not occur. Following that lead, I managed to find out that the problem goes away if the custom Windowskin is not applied to the Help Message Box, as can be seen if you were to comment out line 995 of ATS: Message Options.

End Of Report

I don't mean to impose, but I would be greatly appreciative if you could find a fix to this bug. ;)

Thank you again for creating this wonderful series of scripts.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 01:46:24 AM by Vandril »

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Good choice of avatar, Vandril! ;o
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 31
RPG Maker Resource (what?)
Good choice of avatar, Vandril! ;o

Haha, thanks. It is an avatar in some default folder or another, though. ;)

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
default or not, I like Ike! :drsword:
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 97
Hello there, Modern Algebra. I just registered to pop in and report an obscure bug I found regarding the simultaneous usage of your ATS: Message Options and ATS: Choice Options scripts. But before that...

I want to sincerely thank you for creating the ATS series of scripts. I quite simply cannot imagine making any RPG Maker VX Ace game without them, anymore. The batch of them is just too good to ignore. :)

Now, I did mention a bug report... So, here it is:

Scripts Involved
ATS: Message Options [VXA]
Version: 1.0.7

and

ATS: Choice Options [VXA]
Version: 1.0.0

Preface
I tested this in a clean environment (completely new project) with no other scripts or custom resources but these two. The problem persisted. Thus, I can only imagine that this is a genuine bug.

Bug Description
If you use a custom Windowskin via the option in ATS: Message Options, the Help window from ATS: Choice Options is emptied of text.

You can see what I mean in the attachments of this post.

For the clean environment in which I took the attached screenshots, I took /Graphics/System/Window.png from the RGSS3 RTP, renamed it "Window - Message" (w/o quotes), and moved it to the same folder in the clean environment. ATS:MO is set to use "Window - Message" as the Message Windowskin.

I don't know if this will help, but... I noticed that, if the custom Message Windowskin is named as the default Windowskin (i.e. "Window"), then this problem does not occur. Following that lead, I managed to find out that the problem goes away if the custom Windowskin is not applied to the Help Message Box, as can be seen if you were to comment out line 995 of ATS: Message Options.

End Of Report

I don't mean to impose, but I would be greatly appreciative if you could find a fix to this bug. ;)

Thank you again for creating this wonderful series of scripts.

Thanks Vandril for the detailed bug report. I am sorry that I didn't get back to you sooner. I haven't been around lately. I haven't been doing any scripting lately, but if I do start up again then I will fix the issue.