RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA] ATS Series

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Advanced Text System

This will be based off my Advanced Text System for RMVX, but since RMVX Ace has a much more sensibly designed message system, it is no longer necessary that it be one large script. For that reason, and responding to feedback on the ATS, I will split the ATS into multiple different scripts so that you only need to pick up the components for the features that you want. It is therefore easier to customize and configure, and it should be more compatible with other message-related systems that might be developed.

In that regard, my plans are to have five separate scripts, each independent, which encompass the major elements of the VX version. Examples of the features from each script are included.

These are:

Links to each script will be added as they are completed.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 12:25:28 AM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for April 2010
MA~ I would like to say that the the paragraph options, advanced message options and advanced choices~ were the ones I used more when I made my visual novel for VX :D

It's a really nice script~
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 04:23:39 PM by Nessiah »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I'm glad it could be of service to a talented game maker like yourself. I don't recall ever seeing your graphic novel though. Can I get a link?

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
will you still fix the one for vx?

Rep:
Level 85
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for April 2010
I'm glad it could be of service to a talented game maker like yourself. I don't recall ever seeing your graphic novel though. Can I get a link?

I'll send it to you in PM :D

Rep:
Level 84
Easily the best script for VX, I'm excited for when the scriptlet to put speech bubbles above the character available.

Excellent job MA, you're awesome!

Rep:
Level 84
Not meaning to bump the topic too much, but is the Advanced Message Options and Advanced Choices going to be available in the future?

It's the main script I'm waiting for before I actually start the eventing for my game.

Rep:
Level 97
Well, the future yes. The near future? I am not sure.

I will probably do the Face Options before the ones which you are requesting, but it's difficult to predict which scripts I will feel like doing. I will try to get it done by the time the English VXA is released.

Rep: +0/-0Level 72
RMRK Junior
You will convert exactly the sames features that were in the rmvx version ? Because I found the bubble feature very useful as him.

Rep:
Level 57
RMRK Junior
Face Options

Animated Facesets
    Full-body Portraits
    Fadein and Scrolling Faces[/quote]
I like these features, I am searching a script like that.
I hope you will finish it one day.
Sorry for my bad englisg.

Rep:
Level 74
He with the Grin to Scare Young Children
I really want face options, that face window was the best darn thing, made it so I could write out a whole line without having to cut it off early.

I'd be happy just for a face window script at this point, but there isnt one yet, no neofaces either, though I dont want that.
Websites:

Social Media:

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
Long-time Lurker
I'm wondering if you're going to be doing these in order.

It's really been a while since you posted an ATS-based script. Like the two posts above, I'm definitely looking forward to the face options too!

Rep:
Level 97
Yeah, I haven't had a lot of motivation for scripting lately, and I am more interested in doing new things than bringing over my old scripts, but I will get around to this eventually.

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
Long-time Lurker
Ah, I see, that makes sense. No pressure though!

I guess a lot of people look forward to these since they're actually pretty useful scripts and want to use them in ACE too (me including, since I love the practicality of your scripts). But, it's pretty understandable that one would get bored of constant porting and wanting to do new things. I wish you all the best of luck then, man!

Rep:
Level 85
MA, if you have time, will it be ok to ask for the conversion of Improved Message Window\o/
I really found that helpful ;w; )/

Rep:
Level 97
I will try to get on it before exams start.

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
Can I also post my plea for you to complete this script? I've used your Monster Catalog and have found it a great script! I would love to incorporate this into my game as well!

Rep:
Level 66
RMRK Junior
I'd like to thank you for providing the ATS: Formatting script. It makes typing out messages a whole lot easier. I'm also looking forward to the script for Face Options.
addled = confused

I support

The Voice of the Gods
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,45053.0.html

Rep: +0/-0Level 66
RMRK Junior
Are these scripts available for use in a commercial game?

Rep: +0/-0Level 57
RMRK Junior
Hey modern, these are awesome!!

Two questions:

1) Are these going to have the speech bubbles to have bubble tails that extend from the dialogue towards the character's sprite who's talking?

2) When are you going to finish them all?? Please do as soon as possible! ><

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
Hey modern, these are awesome!!

Two questions:

1) Are these going to have the speech bubbles to have bubble tails that extend from the dialogue towards the character's sprite who's talking?

2) When are you going to finish them all?? Please do as soon as possible! ><

1) - The script doesn't have a speech bubble and have bubble tails that extend from the dialogue towards the characters sprite because the script is mostly on features of the text box instead of how it look's like.
なんでやねん

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
rpg makerr
These are all great scripts...actually I used them for a VX game that I am trying to bring over to Ace...I miss the window name box and face set ones the most!!!!

(plz finish, k? thx)

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
I'm using Yanfly's right now, but that's mainly for the name boxes. I still need strikethru and italic text as well as the ability to have choices longer than the default limit... I might have to switch over when you get around to those...

Rep:
Level 97
Well, the Special Message Codes script is written and that does permit italicization, but to be honest I don't really intend to add strikethrough text as an option. I will let you know when I get the nameboxes etc script written.

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
Another thing: For some reason Non-ASCII characters (Unicode <255) aren't rendering with Yanfly's, I'm just curious to know why.