RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
When is VXA released?

Rep: +0/-0Level 66
RMRK Junior
Just curious as to when we'll be able to use it, as I haven't seen any mention of a release date so far.

Rep: +0/-0Level 67
RPGVX Advanced (I Do Not Script Tough)
i guess its december 15 in japanese

Rep: +0/-0Level 66
RMRK Junior
Nothing on an English release then? That's pretty disappointing.

Rep: +0/-0Level 63
Derpy Fan/Pegasister
Yep, very.

Rainbow Dash: Careful now Derpy! You don't wanna do anymore damage than you already done...
Derpy: I just don't know what went wrong!
*Derpy accidently electrocutes herself*

Rep:
Level 65
Rpgmakerweb confirmed the english releaase on their bllog, but doesn't have release date yet.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
This sounds pretty good. It appears that they've fixed a lot of issues XP users didn't like with VX. I'm pretty keen on trying it out... when it comes out in English.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 73
Impossibre!
Participant - GIAW 11
So has anyone found out yet when the English release is?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
It's been announced that there will be an English release, but as of yet there hasn't been a date given.

Rep:
Level 73
Impossibre!
Participant - GIAW 11
Darn, I was hoping for a date to look forward to. Waiting blind isn't fun...

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Closest thing we have is an English patch. yuyubabe gave me the address somewhere in this board...
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for April 2010
February for 89.99$
There'll be at least around 50% Discount for VX owners (last time I heard) and discount vouchers

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII
Source?

There are no news of any release date or discount vouchers on the official site and they have not sent to my knowledge any emails informing VX owners of any discounts toward VX Ace.

Rep:
Level 85
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for April 2010
It's in the facebook of RPGMakerWeb :)
As for the release date...let's just say that I have other sources for that I can't directly say :X
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 03:17:16 AM by Nessiah »

Rep:
Level 81
February for 89.99$
There'll be at least around 50% Discount for VX owners (last time I heard) and discount vouchers

50% discount for VX owner? Now, that's a day one buy. Was that also said on their facebook?
Sincerely

Rep:
Level 85
yes 45$ is what we estimate for those who own vx

Rep:
Level 85
Quote from: Archeia_Nessiah
The folks over at rpgmakerweb.com are holding a contest in which users of XP and VX submit a 3-5 minute long cutscene. Submissions will be voted upon by fans, and the winner will receive a spot in the English RPG Maker VX Ace beta. This will grant the winner early access to Ace in English, as well as being offered a free full copy once it is released! For more information, you can click here. Submissions must be turned in by January 3rd at 11:59PM EST.

Good luck!

~From Esrever

or for those super lazy people:

Here are the rules:

Make a single cutscene using either RPG Maker VX or RPG Maker XP.
The cutscene should be between 3 and 5 minutes long.
The cutscene should be an original scene from an original story.
The cutscene can be at any point within a larger story.
The cutscene should be understandable without seeing the larger story.
The cutscene can use any special features you wish for it, just properly credit for them (graphics/scripts/etc.)
The cutscene should not have battles or other portions with player control with the exception of button presses to continue messages if you use them.
Simulated battles with no player input are fine.
The cutscene should be compressed as an RM game WITHOUT encryption. I want to be able to see how you did everything. I should be able to start the game, hit new game, and watch a cutscene.
Do NOT include RTP when you compress your cutscene. Try to keep your file size as small as possible. Remove any resources not used in the cutscene.
One submission per person.
All Entries should be emailed to community@rpgmakerweb.com with the title “Let’s Make a Scene Entry” before January 3rd 11:59PM EST. The file will need to be uploaded to file sharing site such as mediafire and the link sent in the email. (please for my sanity stay away from the upload sites with three billion ads and a likelihood of infecting my computer).
Judges will determine the top 8 entries, based on visual composition, writing, musical feel, and overall cohesiveness, which will be voted on by you, the fans, between January 5th and January 7th. The winner will be announced on January 8th.

The winner will receive: RPG Maker VX Ace + Early Release.

Questions? Go to the blog :V

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
yes 45$ is what we estimate for those who own vx

Oh, thank goodness! I did not want to pay 90$ or whatnot for pretty much the same game with some added features. This, I can live with. ;8
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII
Alright, that gave me an idea.

I will make a battle system in a day that breaks none of the rules and requires no player input to progress forward other than to display a message. Thus making it a simulated battle.

I hope it does not get rejected (It probably will).

Rep:
Level 88
&& Lime
Winner - 2011 Spring Project of the Season
Just want to say that my cutscene got into the top 8 of this contest. I would appreciate if everyone took a look at it and voted on their favorite, whether it's mine or someone elses. ^^ (For those interested, it's also a sneak peak into my current project, Perchance to Dream!)

http://blog.rpgmakerweb.com/uncategorized/lets-make-a-scene-voting
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 02:01:54 AM by Bunny »

hey, pasta!

i'm not okay.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Cool. Good job Bunny!

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII