RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Music] O - Game Music

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox

game music

O is game music made in this style that I'm not using for any game
but were made with game stuff in mind. It's all for becoming familiar with
GarageBand and maybe even Logic Pro if I stop being afraid of it.

Anyone can use stuff from O in their own games with credit

-   -   -

Organic Heights

SoundCloud - OGG

This was intended as a dungeon theme and it ended up sounding a lot like the
Skyview Temple song from Skyward Sword. It's pretty short.

more to come
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 06:37:53 AM by irock »

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
It's really simple, but that's not necessarily bad. I like it for what it is and I can imagine a lot of video games in which it would fit well. If I were to offer any suggestions for improvement, it would be to make it an ABAC format instead of ABAB. I know you're going for simplicity, but I think just one more section would make it a lot better.

Post more. :mad:
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Actually, it's an AB format but I just looped it for Soundcloud because it's really short.

I don't mean for my songs to only have like two sections, but I run out of ideas and none seem to pop up. Now it's even more prevalent because I have no conception of how orchestras work. Like, in chiptune music it's really easy to throw a beeping sound in there and have it fit, but I could try to throw a harp in there and it'll sound weird, especially since I don't really know what harps usually play. I dunno.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Actually, it's an AB format

I know that :mad:

The only way you're going to find out what sounds weird and what doesn't is to just try it. And if you're not writing for performance you can just write whatever you want, nobody cares.

Rep:
Level 102
I mean, most of the things I try sound bad. I seem to have a higher failure rate now more than ever with the more realistic instruments because the stuff I try writing for those instruments doesn't sound like something someone would write for those instruments, so it sounds weird. I'm not worried about it being performable, but rather the instruments actually doing what they'd normally do.

Rep:
Level 97
There's lots of ways to learn. There's of course an abundance of material you can read about orchestration, but the best way to learn is to listen to orchestral music and just listen to the individual instruments. Listen to something and listen only to the harp and figure out what it is it's doing and then think about why that's effective.